• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
Porky peters piper pickled peppers pop pan PIZZA
NNID
hunterx24
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa , since I know how you like well written grammar and like Paper Mario, could you do a quick check on this EXACTLY 500 characters about my possible reason text for my vote?

the text is as is in the quote:

Note: go crazy if you want because not only English isn't my first language, but I REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS!

Thanks! :)

I would definitely vote paper mario , but I don't want to see three marios give another franchise a chance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa , since I know how you like well written grammar and like Paper Mario, could you do a quick check on this EXACTLY 500 characters about my possible reason text for my vote?

the text is as is in the quote:

Note: go crazy if you want because not only English isn't my first language, but I REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS!

Thanks! :)
Looks good to me. :) Sums up his potential well, imo.

:231:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why exactly? If King K. Rool is the more popular character choice, then wouldn't it make more sense to go with him?
Likely with Dixie being more relevant. I think both have enough to offer to be interesting characters. That said, I have a preference for King K. Rool if choosing solely between these two. I think he has more moveset potential. Can't say I'd be dissapointed with either though.

Those mean male child and female child though.
True. But by definition, they are fairly close to "Boy" and "Girl".

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would definitely vote paper mario , but I don't want to see three marios give another franchise a chance.
I want to make this clear, it really doesn't matter.

I won';t go on, but I failed to understand why any character that could be the most unique in the most positive way all be instantly bad because of his origins or names.

Note, I said ANY CHARACTERS. He's a case of that, but he's definitely not alone....

And if you really are persistent, he actually CAN have his own series with how much he's more ANOTHER than a FORK of mario.

That's the TL;DR of the OP of my thread here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...rd-logics-for-some-time.324473/#post-14622023

With that, I'll let you figure that out.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Likely with Dixie being more relevant. I think both have enough to offer to be interesting characters. That said, I have a preference for King K. Rool if choosing solely between these two. I think he has more moveset potential. Can't say I'd be dissapointed with either though.

True. But by definition, they are fairly close to "Boy" and "Girl".
You wouldn't usually call a 30+ person a boy or a girl though. Those are usually for people under 20.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
4:4luigi:, I jest. I wouldn't mind Paper Mario, so long as he plays similar to how @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 suggests, he'd be a lot better than some other suggestions. It is surprising how he isn't a character already IMO, considering the 4 games over the past 15 years or something. I honestly think he has just as good a chance as anyone, despite the other 2 Marios, as there is support for him in Japan as well as the west.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can understand that, but the thing with the poll is we have no clue how much of a factor relevancy is with these characters, we just know popularity is a major factor. It's entirely possible for Sakurai to see a character that hasn't been relevant in years and pick them due to fan demand and moveset potential rather then a character that's relevant, but just doesn't stand out in either factor.

Having said that, I don't think Dixie is either irrelevant or lacking in moveset potential (though I also think King K. Rool has more), and honestly she would be a fine choice for a character in general. I'm just not sure if relevancy should be relied on that much with this poll since it's not a major sticking point as far as we can tell.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As much I REALLY want both Dixie Kong & King K. Rool, if I had to chose one, it would be a fat crocodile than a third monkey.

Soul.

If Dixie gets added watch her have a Kong Cyclone-esque custom move and a Haa-Hah.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can understand that, but the thing with the poll is we have no clue how much of a factor relevancy is with these characters, we just know popularity is a major factor. It's entirely possible for Sakurai to see a character that hasn't been relevant in years and pick them due to fan demand and moveset potential rather then a character that's relevant, but just doesn't stand out in either factor.

Having said that, I don't think Dixie is either irrelevant or lacking in moveset potential (though I also think King K. Rool has more), and honestly she would be a fine choice for a character in general. I'm just not sure if relevancy should be relied on that much with this poll since it's not a major sticking point as far as we can tell.
I agree. But I'm just bringing up the common arguments against K. Rool. Not to say relevancy is completely a non-issue, but it might not hold all that much water if a character is popular enough in spite of their irrelevancy in recent years. I'll say it again, neither of these characters would make for a bad choice.

I just have a preference for K. Rool as he mainly has 4 very different boss fights(and a few lesser fights)to pull many attacks to form a moveset out of. Dixie's still got a few moves up her sleeves, what with the Sindel hair and all.

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
NNID
hunterx24
Mario is still mario. You talked about his popularity among ridley, isaac , and king bowser. over the internet I haven't seen nobody vote for paper mario,but thats the internet i've just started to see how many people want a third mario. That's also the case for you he was a popular request but after seeing two marths I guess his votes or spam just started to disappear. A character can have as much potential as they want. Actually isn't too much potential a bad thing? Sakurai the director and the dev team would have too many options to put in his moveset. If thats the case they would have to be worried about making him different from the two marios and not upset the paper marios fanbase with his moveset.
blah i dont know anything

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 What did you write, by any chance? Was that all you wrote or was there something missing?

wtf there's an extended version
lmao time to listen Kappa
i am litterally about to submit it:

His potential is infinite and he would bring happiness with his bright, silly and lively animations. He could use his hammer and jump combined with badges to give him several effects to his attacks. He could do figures called STYLISH! to attack in the air. He can also use paper abilities such as folding himself into an airplane. Last, but not least, he could call his partners and Pixls he met from his games to assist him. Being made of paper, it would be interesting to fight with or against him.

EXACTLY 500 characters :)

Also @ TheLastLugia TheLastLugia , I have several reasons to think you just should not worry because making him a clone is more complicated than you might think and not to mention how unatural this would feel. He CAN be one....but it just doesn;t make much sense ESPECIALLY because that is done already, dr mario is a semi clone of mario (I never use clone because I consider clone perfect copy while semi clone is more a partial copy and I consider derivation to be that).

I suggest you actually read the segment in his thread OP with the shadow queen bubble as tittle :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In the case of K Rool and Dixie, I'd pick having another female representation first.

Strofirko

Smash Master
If smash bollet is for REALZ we know that at least ONE character typed on that box will be DLC.
Even if it has gramatical errors.:yeahboi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yea but theres a difference

1st place may end up as dlc character number 3
To be fair, it's mostly a suggestion to Sakurai. If he(or other devs)can't think of a moveset for the 1st place "winner" somehow, it's possible that 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on could get the chance to be playable instead. I'm not too sure how likely that is, but it's at least a possibility.

That said, this could also be used to gauge who to take into consideration in later installments. But that's waaaaaaay down the line.

In the case of K Rool and Dixie, I'd pick having another female representation first.
Can't say I agree with why you're choosing her. But she's not a bad character to pick.

Moveset Potential >>>>>> Yo this ***** looks hype >>>>> "We need more _______ characters"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just heard that ALL Wave 4 amiibos have been sold out at GameStop.

Glad I acted when I did.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
To be fair, it's mostly a suggestion to Sakurai. If he(or other devs)can't think of a moveset for the 1st place "winner" somehow, it's possible that 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on could get the chance to be playable instead. I'm not too sure how likely that is, but it's at least a possibility.

That said, this could also be used to gauge who to take into consideration in later installments. But that's waaaaaaay down the line.

Can't say I agree with why you're choosing her. But she's not a bad character to pick.

Moveset Potential >>>>>> Yo this ***** looks hype >>>>> "We need more _______ characters"
In the case of moveset potential, I think seeing Dixie Kong fighting with her hair would be more interesting than K Rool. That's just an opinion though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Mario is still mario. You talked about his popularity among ridley, isaac , and king bowser. over the internet I haven't seen nobody vote for paper mario,but thats the internet i've just started to see how many people want a third mario. That's also the case for you he was a popular request but after seeing two marths I guess his votes or spam just started to disappear. A character can have as much potential as they want. Actually isn't too much potential a bad thing? Sakurai the director and the dev team would have too many options to put in his moveset. If thats the case they would have to be worried about making him different from the two marios and not upset the paper marios fanbase with his moveset.
blah i dont know anything
First, you just did what I said, completely destroy someone just because of names or origins.

I never talked about him EXCEPT on this forum....btw, I actually wish I could go outside, but these arguments like yours makes me not much ready to do it. It's hard for me to repeat stuff.....

Also, I actually did talked SPECIFICALLY about this in the OP I linked....you can;t of course deny he IS mario, but honestly, this is not comparable to toon link / dr mario.

Not going to detail as I actually linked details...if you don't read, well I guess I don;t think I need to go further.

Now, I'm very not happy when you say that Sakurai would TRY to make him different (that's the opposite, he would have to TRY to make him feel similar), but there's one thing I actually never told which I will here.

I asked myself the question if his potential would have been too big. To be the case, that means that if I look at his potential, it would be hard to come up with a playstyle...after some thinking I found out he has one.

Versatility. That';s straight forward, he would have moves to deal with a lot of situation, but requires more maintenance to actually use the specific one. Along with the fact that this versatility should actualy be made in a and let me say it
way, that just match him.

In fact, you do see all of these movesets in the second psot of the thread I linked?

Well, they actually mostly had that playstyle in mind and maybe most of these were done without much attention to it.

The point is Sakurai made a quote about liking the Robin idea because his playstyle and how he would do it in smash was very clear in Sakurai's mind.

If such a playstyle can exist within him....it's not much of an issue. WEhat is an issue is if the moves don't feel to go in a direction and the character pretty much shines because of a fraction of the set. I quickly notice it wouldn';t be much the case here.

Also, where the heck you got the idea I talked about him outside of this site?

I'm LOOKING to do it, but I'm not sure if my brain would take it honestly....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In the case of moveset potential, I think seeing Dixie Kong fighting with her hair would be more interesting than K Rool. That's just an opinion though.
That's fine. I just personally don't think I character has more merit over another solely for being female, or a villain. That said, there's female and villain characters I do think are cool, just for reasons outside of that.

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
NNID
hunterx24
First, you just did what I said, completely destroy someone just because of names or origins.

I never talked about him EXCEPT on this forum....btw, I actually wish I could go outside, but these arguments like yours makes me not much ready to do it. It's hard for me to repeat stuff.....

Also, I actually did talked SPECIFICALLY about this in the OP I linked....you can;t of course deny he IS mario, but honestly, this is not comparable to toon link / dr mario.

Not going to detail as I actually linked details...if you don't read, well I guess I don;t think I need to go further.

Now, I'm very not happy when you say that Sakurai would TRY to make him different (that's the opposite, he would have to TRY to make him feel similar), but there's one thing I actually never told which I will here.

I asked myself the question if his potential would have been too big. To be the case, that means that if I look at his potential, it would be hard to come up with a playstyle...after some thinking I found out he has one.

Versatility. That';s straight forward, he would have moves to deal with a lot of situation, but requires more maintenance to actually use the specific one. Along with the fact that this versatility should actualy be made in a and let me say it
way, that just match him.

In fact, you do see all of these movesets in the second psot of the thread I linked?

Well, they actually mostly had that playstyle in mind and maybe most of these were done without much attention to it.

The point is Sakurai made a quote about liking the Robin idea because his playstyle and how he would do it in smash was very clear in Sakurai's mind.

If such a playstyle can exist within him....it's not much of an issue. WEhat is an issue is if the moves don't feel to go in a direction and the character pretty much shines because of a fraction of the set. I quickly notice it wouldn';t be much the case here.

Also, where the heck you got the idea I talked about him outside of this site?

I'm LOOKING to do it, but I'm not sure if my brain would take it honestly....

I never stated you talked about him outside this site?
literally go back and re read what I stated.
Can i get that quote ?
Never destroyed paper mario idea because of his name?
I was pulling a comparison from how three marios would be the same as three marths lucina roy and the man himself. If people neglect this idea they would neglect the mario idea?
EDIT
toon link and link are clones with different attributes.
same for mario and dr mario
would be weird for paper mario to be in the game.
i dont even see him fitting in the game because of how they would have to model him portrait clearly you guys have 100+ movesets for him.
EDIT
Go outside its good for you
Edit againnn
you talk about how he could play.
why i thought the ballot was only a recommend character service not give them your brawl psa moveset

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never stated you talked about him outside this site?
literally go back and re read what I stated.
Can i get that quote ?
Never destroyed paper mario idea because of his name?
I was pulling a comparison from how three marios would be the same as three marths lucina roy and the man himself. If people neglect this idea they would neglect the mario idea? < Most likely
You said

"You talked about his popularity among ridley, isaac , and king bowser. over the internet"

not internet, this site only.

If I was going for internet, I would go far beyond.

Sriously, I ddin't get that....

As for your second point, well, you just made it clear:

"I was pulling a comparison from how three marios would be the same as three marths lucina roy and the man himself."

like what the heck? first, I'm not sure if roy is considered a marth, but I guess I can';t speak ont hat and again, you did compared him to the same case as dr mario and toon link....therefore, it is basically because of the fact he's mario.....I hope you got that because that';s even more clear you just did that.

"If people neglect this idea they would neglect the mario idea? < Most likely"

....ok, read both counterarguments I made in the thread then reply. I'm not repeating this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom