• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
Porky peters piper pickled peppers pop pan PIZZA
NNID
hunterx24
You said

"You talked about his popularity among ridley, isaac , and king bowser. over the internet"

not internet, this site only.

If I was going for internet, I would go far beyond.

Sriously, I ddin't get that....

As for your second point, well, you just made it clear:

"I was pulling a comparison from how three marios would be the same as three marths lucina roy and the man himself."

like what the heck? first, I'm not sure if roy is considered a marth, but I guess I can';t speak ont hat and again, you did compared him to the same case as dr mario and toon link....therefore, it is basically because of the fact he's mario.....I hope you got that because that';s even more clear you just did that.

"If people neglect this idea they would neglect the mario idea? < Most likely"

....ok, read both counterarguments I made in the thread then reply. I'm not repeating this....
Lastly, he actually got quite a decent amount of acknowledgement from both Nintendo themselves and its fan. This was particularly the case on SSB4, which is more explained in the second post of this thread. Nintendo also made some sneaky references to his series on social media so, even if his last game is from 2012, he is still acknowledged therefore still alive. As for the fans, decently reliable polls were released lately for both Japan and America and they both show that his popularity can be compared to other frequently mentioned characters such as Issac or Dixie Kong.

Polls over the internet im assuming?

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I think we need a counter tab to keep track how many times @Flight says hes not a pokemon guy.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh, I just noticed your profile says you're 22. I guess your parents are kinda conservative right? I did buy P3P (an M-rated game) in 2011 when I was 22, and mom found out about it later but I showed her some gameplay and it was all smoothed out since I didn't show the truly objectionable stuff (cough Mara cough). I suppose show your parents some of the less objectionable footage if worse comes to worst?

Don't worry, my mom is a bit conservative too
Not 22, just was unsure of whether or not there was an age cap on this site.

D

Deleted member

I think we need a counter tab to keep track how many times @Flight says hes not a pokemon guy.
Yet I am getting Mewtwo. The irony is too strong. :troll:
I did, however, play the games and all, and I sucked at them, so I gave up. I also used Pokémon names and artworks for some of my YouTube accounts just for the sake of it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I will not buy toys!

...mother of god... I NEEEEEEDD YOUUUUU

Also, didn't know that Chica was girl in Spanish, that Chico is boy, and that Calamar is a squid. Mmm... calamari.
Gotta admit, these amiibos may be the best ones I've seen so fa-
3872b270706c7ecfed91a7db22cfc0e2.jpg

Oh my...
tumblr_mrkcf8ketO1s3jc4vo1_500.gif

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never stated you talked about him outside this site?
literally go back and re read what I stated.
Can i get that quote ?
Never destroyed paper mario idea because of his name?
I was pulling a comparison from how three marios would be the same as three marths lucina roy and the man himself. If people neglect this idea they would neglect the mario idea?
EDIT
toon link and link are clones with different attributes.
same for mario and dr mario
would be weird for paper mario to be in the game.
i dont even see him fitting in the game because of how they would have to model him portrait clearly you guys have 100+ movesets for him.
EDIT
Go outside its good for you
Edit againnn
you talk about how he could play.
why i thought the ballot was only a recommend character service not give them your brawl psa moveset
...this is why I should not try to go outside of this site....

i dont even see him fitting in the game because of how they would have to model him portrait clearly you guys have 100+ movesets for him.

As I just stated it.....I even explicitly told I actually never told that before....so, no. Also, you didn;t read what you should have so not worth anymore.

....tempted to report that honestly....

why i thought the ballot was only a recommend character service not give them your brawl psa moveset

....yeah ok, I'm done....donpt even quote this ok?

I can;t believe you actually either didn;t explained why my point was wrong or didn';t read them (likely the later), but doing it twice is like....not worth it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

As I just stated it.....I even explicitly told I actually never told that before....so, no. Also, you didn;t read what you should have so not worth anymore.

I can;t believe you actually either didn;t explained why my point was wrong or didn';t read them (likely the later), but doing it twice is like....not worth it.
You should have put some of that explanation stuff in quotes.
For a second there, I thought you of all people were doubting PM's chances. Which reminds me, you've voted for him in the ballot by now, right?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You should have put some of that explanation stuff in quotes.
For a second there, I thought you of all people were doubting PM's chances. Which reminds me, you've voted for him in the ballot by now, right?
I'm about to....but I'm just too perfectionism.

What happens if I realise I forgot something? What happens if I realise I could have said it better?

I would regret SO MUCH!!!

And I skipped the quotes because.....I honestly felt it would not last long and it did so I got lazy here....though, sorry about the misunderstanding.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm about to....but I'm just too perfectionism.

What happens if I realise I forgot something? What happens if I realise I could have said it better?

I would regret SO MUCH!!!

And I skipped the quotes because.....I honestly felt it would not last long and it did so I got lazy here....though, sorry about the misunderstanding.
Haha, no problem, I should've read more carefully.

D

Deleted member

Well, remember OnLive? That streaming service? $ony bought it. It's going to get shut down.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, remember OnLive? That streaming service? $ony bought it. It's going to get shut down.
euh...why exactly?

I mean, I think that it was an....interesting service if your pc is using wired and stable internet, but I found better to at least have a digital copy.

So, why they are shutting it down if they bought it?

D

Deleted member

euh...why exactly?

I mean, I think that it was an....interesting service if your pc is using wired and stable internet, but I found better to at least have a digital copy.

So, why they are shutting it down if they bought it?
The OnLive patents have been sold off to Sony Computer Entertainment, apparently. Might be for the PS Now service. I think that's why.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Sony is like:"I buy the rivals to kill them and advertise my products"
Someone needs to buy the Vita.
:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If only more people in this world loved Ivysaur...
I do love Ivysaur, who doesn't love Ivysaur? Out of :pt:'s Pokés she was my fav.

She was a very original character too, though I never particularly liked her Razor Leaf much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sony is like:"I buy the rivals to kill them and advertise my products"
Someone needs to buy the Vita.
And leaving the handheld bite the dust while their OP home console is leading the generation sales-wise is a good move. Sony logic!

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
Porky peters piper pickled peppers pop pan PIZZA
NNID
hunterx24

"This is why I can never go outside"
I just stated that its good for you.
Are you going to answer?
What makes these polls reliable.
I would also like a link.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Everyone love Ivysaur,everyone forgets squirtle exists,who is pichu?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SMT x FE bashing and wishlists on DLC.

So not much.
I can't wait for Encyclopedia Dramatica's SMT x FE article to show up. They'll probably nickname it "The Weeaboo Chronicles" with the word "lulz" being shoven up over 10,000 times. Ugh..

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
"This is why I can never go outside"
I just stated that its good for you.
Are you going to answer?
What makes these polls reliable.
I would also like a link.
it's not good because....look, I would have to tell how I can react in presence of not continuous logic and I'm not going there, let's just say that I can be _particularily_ mad if I can't process something I find not making any sense....

I was supposed to add the link, hence why the the thread tittle.....they are @PushDustIn one....he's actually supposed to have some results soon which explains why I didn;t link them. I however knew preliminairy result enough to actually be ok to claim what I claim in the thread, I just wait for the result which I know will come soon.

As for why they are reliable....this user is just known to be trusted here. Before, I could actually link an old shorts poll, but that one was more rudimentary, showed similar results as the one I would have linked. Most importantly, I always never believed he was popular in Japan because I had until a month ago, no evidence. The japan poll showed that he was way hgiher than i expected (I honestly though he would have been int he middle while he's leaning to the top).

Anyway, I asked you to read both counterarguments...these are not under construction and you read the one about the chnaces as well as the why does he deserve....these ARE under construction.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

Can we just take a minute to admire the event art in Sonic Shuffle? It just makes our favorite blue blur and friends feel so...alive. :4sonic:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Doubt that's his real age, though. I know a couple members who claim to be 100+ years old too, and that's a fake age.
Those quotes were there for a reason y'know.
I know that he's not actually 4 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom