• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
'Don't know really. but you have to admit that the story with KH 3DS beginned to be a little too confusing . (Like a good number of story including
Time Traveling
, just my opinion of course. )
Oh yeah, heh. I think Tetsuya was looking at all the games before KH 3DS and realized "**** I have to tie them in to this one in order to lead up to KH3." He probably realized he screwed up Xemnas' character when he made BBS. Why?
Two words: Xehanort and Terra
I still have no idea how they're supposed to come back. If they're not gone forever, WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY?
Also, like you mentioned in the spoiler, that part imo throws off the continuity in BBS. Overall, I think KH3d is the second-worst written story in KH (next to BBS and Re: coded). It was a bad attempt at tieing in all the games to one in order to lead into KH3.

Still, that doesn't mean I'm hyped for KH3.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I played Wild World... and that's it... I'd like to have New Leaf or City Folk though.
Frankly I was disappointed in New Leaf. I finally had my chance of making the totalitarian society that I always wanted; but nope, I had to be "nice" and "happy". Bull****! I want my dictatorship!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't even know where to begin with Kingdom Hearts.

Literally. Don't the games jump back and forth chronologically in each entry? I can't even tell who the story is focused on. I haven't touched the games.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I played Wild World... and that's it... I'd like to have New Leaf or City Folk though.
New Leaf is where it's at!

Well you need bells for the most part. At least I do. I'm trying to gt all the bells I can so I can expand my house all the way
I mean yeahhh, but I get plenty over time. When I say I don't care about bells, is that I don't devote a lot of my time to making stacks of coin. I will of course sell fossils and any fish or bugs I already have in the museum. But I dont actively try to get rich. I have enough saved anyway, for Public Works.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That moment when you're outside and you can't read half of the posts. First world problems suck, yo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Excuse me, are you seriously saying it didn't got like that until :4dedede:?
Well the reason why i find :4dedede: more weird than the other is just because of
The time traveling and how it's presented.
For the other KH, i always understand the story pretty well. But :4dedede: is kinda weird for me.
Oh yeah, heh. I think Tetsuya was looking at all the games before KH 3DS and realized "**** I have to tie them in to this one in order to lead up to KH3." He probably realized he screwed up Xemnas' character when he made BBS. Why?
Two words: Xehanort and Terra
I still have no idea how they're supposed to come back. If they're not gone forever, WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY?
Also, like you mentioned in the spoiler, that part imo throws off the continuity in BBS. Overall, I think KH3d is the second-worst written story in KH (next to BBS and Re: coded). It was a bad attempt at tieing in all the games to one in order to lead into KH3.

Still, that doesn't mean I'm hyped for KH3.
I see some time before that alot of person hate Terra. You hate him too?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait, isn't wasn't meant to be a joke >.>
I legit don't care that much about bells and am more interested in just the seasons and roaming around talking to my bae Poppy.

I am going to play this tomorrow then. I NEED TO.
Be warned that the game will spend a while waving Prison Island in front of your face before you can go there. But with two full areas worth of new optional missions in between now and that point and multiple enemy level spikes, that's probably even more reason to work on it.

Well, that's about all I have time to divulge for now.

This has inspired me to listen to an Xenoblade Chronicles LP while I play Terraria.

Later! :4megaman:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Frankly I was disappointed in New Leaf. I finally had my chance of making the totalitarian society that I always wanted; but nope, I had to be "nice" and "happy". Bull****! I want my dictatorship!
Nintendo: Teaching kids how to properly rule their society since 2013.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Literally. Don't the games jump back and forth chronologically in each entry? I can't even tell who the story is focused on. I haven't touched the games.
Here's the chronological order:

X > Birth By Sleep > Kingdom Hearts > Chain of Memories = 358/2 Days > Kingdom Hearts II = Coded > Dream Drop Distance > Kingdom Hearts III

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Well, I beat the games in order of installment. I find it's better and less confusing that way than to try to beat them in "chronological" order. Doing them in order will actually get you more confused.
Also, don't play re: coded. That one is easily forgettable.
I see some time before that alot of person hate Terra. You hate him too?
Yeah. It's hard to like him because as one YouTuber says, "He is a TOOL." Serves no other purpose than to just end up being under the bad guy's thumb.
The only character I liked out of BBS was Ven. He has the best story and the best character development.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Kingdom hearts:We have keys,that open worlds,.that are entire different universes,with ancient creatures,that has something to do with disney and final fantasy,the protagonist is an OC hitting puberty very young,people have dark heart,and etc.

Smash bros:A kid playing with toys.

See how story telling in crossovers is simple and better when everything is obvious that hurts.:dazwa:
It was much, much, much simpler very early in development (You would have played as Mickey/Donald.) they decided to go a more final fantasy route.(Sora lolololol)

Creator has also stated that he wants to keep some of a mystery with each game like there was with KH1.

Honestly weather the game would have been better is up in the air.
That moment when you're outside and you can't read half of the posts. First world problems suck, yo.
I know that feel bruh.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I beat the games in order of installment. I find it's better and less confusing that way than to try to beat them in "chronological" order. Doing them in order will actually get you more confused.

Yeah. It's hard to like him because as one YouTuber says, "He is a TOOL." Serves no other purpose than to just end up being under the bad guy's thumb.
The only character I liked out of BBS was Ven. He has the best story and the best character development.
The quote you say is from HMK, a big KH fan. Also for Terra, meh, i never cared that much for him. But see that alot of person hate him was really surprising for me. (I never played BBS and i never see a full let's play of it.) But i like Ven and Aqua. My favourite KH character homewer is probably Xion. I really like her and her story.
edit: fix' something.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Coded is pretty much pointless to the overall story. I mean, the entire game is just so in the end Mickey sends a letter.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It was much, much, much simpler very early in development (You would have played as Mickey/Donald.) they decided to go a more final fantasy route.(Sora lolololol)

Creator has also stated that he wants to keep some of a mystery with each game like there was with KH1.

Honestly whether the game would have been better is up in the air.

I know that feel bruh.
fixed.
Also, even with the mystery part, the game still could've been better. The build-ups in the story haven't been very consistent, and some story elements CONTRADICT previous story elements. It's a mess. Tetsuya could have made it a bit more fluent imo.
The quote you say is from HMK, a big KH fan. Also for Terra, meh, i never cared that much for him. But see that alot of person hate him was really surprising for me. (I never played BBS and i never a full BBS of it.) But i like Ven and Aqua. My favourite KH character homewer is probably Xion. I really like her and her story.
U got that right. :)
Aqua is okay. I like her, but not as much as Ven, mainly because she has no character development. I like Xion too, but I felt her inclusion in 358/2 days was just a bit silly since you know, it's Organization 13, not 14. Guess we needed to have 3 parallel characters in KH:
Ven, Terra, Aqua; Roxas, Axel, Xion; Sora, Riku, Kairi
If you know what I mean.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The game was a super cheap and lazy way to make money off the IP
Should've been ported to iOS/Android devices (since it was originally for JP phones). $40 is a ripoff.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
fixed.
Also, even with the mystery part, the game still could've been better. The build-ups in the story haven't been very consistent, and some story elements CONTRADICT previous story elements. It's a mess. Tetsuya could have made it a bit more fluent imo.

U got that right. :)
Aqua is okay. I like her, but not as much as Ven, mainly because she has no character development. I like Xion too, but I felt her inclusion in 358/2 days was just a bit silly since you know, it's Organization 13, not 14. Guess we needed to have 3 parallel characters in KH:
Ven, Terra, Aqua; Roxas, Axel, Xion; Sora, Riku, Kairi
If you know what I mean.
Yeah i known what you mean. (It was also strange for me that it was still called the Organization 13 with a 14 member lol) But i think, even tough she have get only for now one big role in the story of KH. I think the writter behind Xion have make a good job for her. After for other character, uhhhhh maybe not that much. (Like Terra like you said, he is just a TOOL.) But hey, at least he is a cool Bonus boss in KH 2 Final Mix and the HD version. (I don't known why, but before BBS was created. I'm sure alot of people said that Terra (Even tough we don't known his name before BBS) was a cool mysterious character because of the secret ending of KH 2. 'Dont' known why, just a feel about it.:4shulk:)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Greetings, mortals.

KH? Never played any game of the series. I hear they're good, though.

But I also hear the plot is among the most convoluted stories ever written by mankind.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah i known what you mean. (It was also strange for me that it was still called the Organization 13 with a 14 member lol) But i think, even tough she have get only for now one big role in the story of KH. I think the writter behind Xion have make a good job for her. After for other character, uhhhhh maybe not that much. (Like Terra like you said, he is just a TOOL.) But hey, at least he is a cool Bonus boss in KH 2 Final Mix and the HD version. (I don't known why, but before BBS was created. I'm sure alot of people said that Terra (Even tough we don't known his name before BBS) was a cool mysterious character because of the secret ending of KH 2. 'Dont' known why, just a feel about it.:4shulk:)
Who knows? Maybe Terra will actually be cool in KH3.
Or Tetsuya will forget to write him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom