• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

Let's just say the site doesn't want to take any risks and is playing it safe. Is that satisfactory?

:231:
Don't get me wrong, while I personally don't see the problem, that wasn't directed at you or the site, nor was I trying to make a case to allow the avatar back. I just like to debate things with people. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Eh, post counts don't really matter much. It's all about quality, not quantity, like most people say. Now, I've been having a tendency of posting short messages as of lately. I'm close to 20,000.
I know,I just REALLY want to surpass him one day.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
You guys are trying to throw me off with this awesome Ace Attorney imagery D:

However, I fail to see how a character drinking alcohol can truly be considered encouraging kids to drink.
And people were shocked at her transformation because of how quick and extreme it was. It was sudden, and went from one extreme to the other. That isn't in any way comparable to a simple image of ZSS drinking alcohol.
eh, honestly the kids getting encouraged depends alot on the parent.
if the parent doesn't properly filter the material, or encourage the child to otherwise ignore the unpleasant material, it may encourage them to drink or other things.

that being said, i doubt a young child would even know what alcohol was.

then again, i dunno. you guys are older so maybe you have a better understanding lol.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
You guys are trying to throw me off with this awesome Ace Attorney imagery D:

However, I fail to see how a character drinking alcohol can truly be considered encouraging kids to drink.
And people were shocked at her transformation because of how quick and extreme it was. It was sudden, and went from one extreme to the other. That isn't in any way comparable to a simple image of ZSS drinking alcohol.
Well, it has to do with parents not taking their time to teach kids about what's good what's bad, what may kill you or what might end up with you having kids before you're able to raise them.

kids.PNG

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"It takes a village to raise a child"
NO SCREW YOU HILLARY YOU'RE WRONG

Edit: time to mow the lawn kbai

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I decided to use my NNID as my currency count towards my Ryu/DL64 antics
So if any of y'all wanna see my steady progress towards being with the cool kids, that's there

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's tiny, I can barely see the laughing? o:
It's the most I can get out of my small signature size. Unless you have a tiny monitor, I can see it fine from my end.

I've just been catching up on games.
I've been on a marathon of Hunter X Hunter that I just got into the last couple days. It's funny 'cos I watched the first episode a couple months ago, but it didn't grab me. I watch the second episode and suddenly an addiction crops up in the back of my head.

And about Hunter x Hunter;

Why are all these Joker/Clown characters likable sociopathic killers?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
There's absolutely nothing wrong with young people drinking alcohol, even to the age of babies.
There is, however, something wrong with any person drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, which is an objective value that is relative to each person.
But the government is not the entity which should decide what is and is not excessive.
It's entirely possible for moderation to appear in a non-compulsory and civil societal fashion, such as in the entire world before the oppressive Hobbesian parasite state.
In fact, the reason America has problems with alcohol related tragedies is entirely because we glorify and raise it up through our government as this privilege one only gains at some arbitrary age.
There's a reason why we make it illegal, mainly to prolong the lives of everyone. That's why we also made it illegal for minors to smoke. But then again, what morals does our society have? Here in this free country, people believe they can do whatever they want, even if its against the law. People get so used to doing that they'll do the absolute CRAZIEST things because its "normal." People are living longer now, but if we keep on this track of "it's okay to do this" and not go by any fundamentals, we're bound to screw ourselves in the future.
That's what I have to say
Why did that girl in your icon look like Edea Lee
Next thing you know, you'll confuse him with @Burning Mandala

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I've been on a marathon of Hunter X Hunter that I just got into the last couple days. It's funny 'cos I watched the first episode a couple months ago, but it didn't grab me. I watch the second episode and suddenly an addiction crops up in the back of my head.

And about Hunter x Hunter;

Why are all these Joker/Clown characters likable sociopathic killers?
i love you.

original series right? issue with the original is that it doesn't cover the entire manga and ends on a cliff hanger. its still a good series though, but 2011 covers all of it written so far.

where are you at right now?

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
There's a reason why we make it illegal, mainly to prolong the lives of everyone. That's why we also made it illegal for minors to smoke. But then again, what morals does our society have? Here in this free country, people believe they can do whatever they want, even if its against the law. People get so used to doing that they'll do the absolute CRAZIEST things because its "normal." People are living longer now, but if we keep on this track of "it's okay to do this" and not go by any fundamentals, we're bound to screw ourselves in the future.
EEEEEEEEEEY VACCINES YA'LL!

I think Smashboards just wants to avoid making kids that become like this.
Man, I really hate his videos, it's just a lot of destroying crap, they feel so... Capitalist.

T

Trick or Treat

Well, it has to do with parents not taking their time to teach kids about what's good what's bad, what may kill you or what might end up with you having kids before you're able to raise them.

The stories in that Google search can literally be anything, and also need more details.

"John, 14, injured by friend while they tried imitating popular video game Super Smash Bros"
"Zelda-loving teen injures brother with toy sword"

You get the idea. Any game, any TV show, can be imitated and lead to sad results. That is on the parent and the kid themselves. Because if anyone believes that teenagers in general are that impressionable by a video game character, especially one just drinking alcohol, then many of these T-rated games should be rated M instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
i love you.

original series right? issue with the original is that it doesn't cover the entire manga and ends on a cliff hanger. its still a good series though, but 2011 covers all of it written so far.

where are you at right now?
Naw man, I'm watching the 2011 version on Crunchyroll. Just realised I wasn't sharing the 2011 Hisoka design.

I've just finished watching them all completing the Hunter exam and they're now going to find Killua.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
The stories in that Google search can literally be anything, and also need more details.

"John, 14, injured by friend while they tried imitating popular video game Super Smash Bros"

You get the idea. Any game, any TV show, can be imitated and lead to sad results. That is on the parent and the kid themselves. Because if anyone believes that teenagers in general are that impressionable by a video game character, especially one just drinking alcohol, then many of these T-rated games should be rated M instead.
Yeah, I'm not blaming the shows either, I'm saying parents like to lay the blame on somebody else to not admit their own faults :/

WHY DID THEY MADE GAME FREAK REMOVE THE GAME CORNERS -sobs-

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

Naw man, I'm watching the 2011 version on Crunchyroll. Just realised I wasn't sharing the 2011 Hisoka design.

I've just finished watching them all completing the Hunter exam and they're now going to find Killua.
oooh okay, just wasnt sure because you showed the 1999 version.
yeah this is a pretty good arc. hunter exam was so cool though :4pacman:
hisoka is such a weird character...
anyways after these next few episodes involving Killua, you're gonna reach probably my favorite arc in the series. its where it basically gets more indepth about certain things in the show, like the Nen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I found this is the suggestions.

I died.

:231:
wake me up.png

EDIT : I took the wrong picture, but I'm not changing it. :4dk:

Parents pls. You don't understand. :4ness:

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Next thing you know, you'll confuse him with @Burning Mandala
But your morals are different than other people's.

I find nothing wrong with drinking, unless it is absolutely excessive, and obviously drunk driving is a disgusting thing to do. I also have no problem with cigarettes. I drank and smoked well before I legally could.

Does that make my morals wrong? No, it doesn't.

Yeah, I'm not blaming the shows either, I'm saying parents like to lay the blame on somebody else to not admit their own faults :/

WHY DID THEY MADE GAME FREAK REMOVE THE GAME CORNERS -sobs-
And this is exactly right. Parents have no real grounds to blame a show or game that their child happens to imitate.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion

and @Anyoneelsewhopostaboutbadparenting

everyone is different, some people's brains don't grow as much as others.

There are stupid people, you can't get rid of them,they can only get rid of themselves.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And this is exactly right. Parents have no real grounds to blame a show or game that their child happens to imitate.
But their religion says otherwise. :4pacman: I feel like fathers of this and next generation would be more like "Eh, whatever. I did that once when I was a kid." when it comes to gaming stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom