• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
it's not encouraging kids to drink. It is on the shelf to be bought by legal adults. Simply being in plain view ≠ encouraging kids to drink. Unless they actively tried to cater to that demographic, which no store in their right mind would do, it isn't encouraging anyone.

Just like having Samus in an avatar doesn't encourage kids to drink.

I will concede that (most) stores don't encourage kids to drink. HOWEVER, a character from a video game catered toward minors drinking alcohol can be considered encouraging minors, ESPECIALLY if minors look up to them. That character can be a celebrity to someone's eyes. This is why many Miley Cyrus fans were shocked by her sudden transformation.

Role models have an impact, you know!

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm not really sure what happened with bikini avatars, but I guess it's the exposure nature they have that makes them not worth using here.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

I will concede that (most) stores don't encourage kids to drink. HOWEVER, a character from a video game catered toward minors drinking alcohol can be considered encouraging minors, ESPECIALLY if minors look up to them. That character can be a celebrity to someone's eyes. This is why many Miley Cyrus fans were shocked by her sudden transformation.

play this and read the post.
its gold.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pretty sure bikini avatars are fine. Cliff has had one for a while after all.

Got :231:'d.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
:( Amazon.mx is fianlly delivering the pencils I wanted, but 3x their normal price :/

As in, more expensive than a Wii U game :I

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
There's absolutely nothing wrong with young people drinking alcohol, even to the age of babies. In Italy, t
There is, however, something wrong with any person drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, which is an objective value that is relative to each person.
But the government is not the entity which should decide what is and is not excessive.
It's entirely possible for moderation to appear in a non-compulsory and civil societal fashion, such as in the entire world before the oppressive Hobbesian parasite state.
In fact, the reason America has problems with alcohol related tragedies is entirely because we glorify and raise it up through our government as this privilege one only gains at some arbitrary age.

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Opossum, IsmaR and (optionally) ---

They are the thread overlords , along with me. The "Security Council" of the thread.

:231:
Then dad will tell me to go ask mom, then mom will tell me to go ask dad.

Wouldn't be easier if I just put on the bikini and if I burst into flames I take it off?

T

Trick or Treat

play this and read the post.
its gold.
You guys are trying to throw me off with this awesome Ace Attorney imagery D:

However, I fail to see how a character drinking alcohol can truly be considered encouraging kids to drink.
And people were shocked at her transformation because of how quick and extreme it was. It was sudden, and went from one extreme to the other. That isn't in any way comparable to a simple image of ZSS drinking alcohol.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Here's an old video but I think it deserves mentioning in relation to Fire Emblem:

Rapiers are cool weapons, yo.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
However, I fail to see how a character drinking alcohol can truly be considered encouraging kids to drink.
And people were shocked at her transformation because of how quick and extreme it was. It was sudden, and went from one extreme to the other. That isn't in any way comparable to a simple image of ZSS drinking alcohol.
Let's just say the site doesn't want to take any risks and is playing it safe. Is that satisfactory?

:231:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Listening to this makes me think there would be someone of an Edgeworth-type role (I don't know what Court lingo is, they just sit in the Edgeworth side and are against you) and throw a basketball at Pheonix's face when they're mad
I chuckled a bit thinking of it.

D

Deleted member

I do want to surpass @Mic_128 in messages after all.
Eh, post counts don't really matter much. It's all about quality, not quantity, like most people say. Now, I've been having a tendency of posting short messages as of lately. I'm close to 20,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom