• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There are pros and cons to writing existing characters.

Pros are that you already have that base and people know their personality, abilities, etc.

The cons are that you generally kind of have to stick within a certain mold, if you will. Like, I can't go and make Mario a womanizer or give him the ability to control water (aside from FLUDD), just like I can't really give Zelda guns. I mean I can, but for a serious story it probably wouldn"t be for the best.

Either way, I usually prefer the freedom of creating my own story and characters from scratch.

Thanks Mao! I know you like to do this, too. It makes me want to start up an original work, too.

Although I am in more of a SSB mood.
If i should give you a advice if yout want to do original story. Create all you need before begin the story. Like how the character are, we're the event are, the timeline etc. I am doing this and even tough i haven't finish. It's probably the best thing to do. But also, have fun when you will created. :)

T

Trick or Treat

I
I see I see <:

Me, I've kind of been gathering the courage to open a fanart tumblr o: I just rarely ever do fanart stuff when friends requested it or whatnot, but it's always been an itch I've wanted to scratch
i say go for it!!

T

Trick or Treat

If i should give you a advice if yout want to do original story. Create all you need before begin the story. Like how the character are, we're the event are, the timeline etc. I am doing this and even tough i haven't finish. It's probably the best thing to do. But also, have fun when you will created. :)
Oh I know! (: I have made quite a few original stories in the past. Many of them lasting for a loooong time. And I would always plan things out and prepare beforehand!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh I know! (: I have made quite a few original stories in the past. Many of them lasting for a loooong time. And I would always plan things out and prepare beforehand!
Good thing so! :)

Soul.

to be fair, it'd be nice if all Pokémon had real cries, instead of Game Boy-esque ones. Like Pikachu.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
to be fair, it'd be nice if all Pokémon had real cries, instead of Game Boy-esque ones. Like Pikachu.
I somewhat agree.
I think all pokemon should have the same type of cry and it annoys me that Pikachu gets a real cry. I understand why, but it's still annoying haha

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Giving all Pokémon a real cry is too much work, as there are Japanese, Korean, English, French and German names. I mean, Pikachu has the same name in almost all languages, and even then in Korean it's named Pikachyu.. But someone like Jigglypuff:
Pu-rin!
Jiggly-puff!
Rondou-dou!
Pumme-luff!

Too much work.

Right now, we're talkin' 'bout PKMN. @ RamOne RamOne you remind me of the Arthur theme song

I actually referenced this:

:p

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I somewhat agree.
I think all pokemon should have the same type of cry and it annoys me that Pikachu gets a real cry. I understand why, but it's still annoying haha
I like the gameboy-esque cries haha :( if they all said their names we wouldn't have fancy crazy stuff like this:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Giving all Pokémon a real cry is too much work, as there are Japanese, Korean, English, French and German names. I mean, Pikachu has the same name in almost all languages, and even then in Korean it's named Pikachyu.. But someone like Jigglypuff:
Pu-rin!
Jiggly-puff!
Rondou-dou!
Pumme-luff!

Too much work.

I actually referenced this:

:p
And I say hey HEY! *Repeats until passes out*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pu-rin!
Jiggly-puff!
Rondou-dou!
Pumme-luff!

Too much work.
They could just use something generic, like most of the Gen V pokémon.

:231:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Gah, my head hurts from being in the competitive discussion forum. This must be how Sakurai feels everytime he has to update the game.

:starman: This thread is a haven for me. You guys rock! :starman:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Gah, my head hurts from being in the competitive discussion forum. This must be how Sakurai feels everytime he has to update the game.

:starman: This thread is a haven for me. You guys rock! :starman:
Thank you, I am now a rock

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
well now I like the king for this scene alone
HxH does too good of a job making me like the antagonist ;_;

awww were you guys talking about original stories?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They could just use something generic, like most of the Gen V pokémon.

:231:
It still probably would be a lot of work though, that's 721 Pokemon to make realistic cries for not including forms, which would require a large amount of time and resources to be poured into it to make it worthwhile.There are a lot of aspects to making a Pokemon game to consider, and they probably don't think it's worth the effort to do all of that for one very minor aspect of the game.

Besides, why would you guys want to get rid of cries like Kricketune and Tyrantrum?

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Love this dubstep. Tristam- shine it sounds like he's saying "You got ebola" lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom