• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OK. Also i stopped from the four volume if i remember correctly. I don't known why i stopped. Mutli reason probably, and i never see the Anime. I hear homewer that they're we're alot of filler apparently. Like alot of manga adapted in anime. (Pandora Hearts is not a exception, i will say it's worst on some point homewer.)
A lot of anime adaptations tend to be underwhelming compared to the manga. Especially when they put fillers or start diverging from source material just to have a proper ending.

Of course, there are good adaptations as well.

The Blue Exorcist adapts the manga very faithfully, but it quickly diverges from the source, which is underwhelming. Not as bad as Soul Eater, though. For its credit, Blue Exorcist's filler has the characters go through similar development compared to the manga, but the manga has reached the point where all the characters are much more developed than when the anime ended.

The manga still has a lot to tell, which makes the anime underwhelming in comparison.

Anyway, I'll check out Pandora Hearts one day. I also have Angel Beats, Death Parade, Hellsing and Guilty Crown under consideration, so I guess it's one more bullet point on my to-watch/read list.

And with this, I'm off for a while. See ya.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A lot of anime adaptations tend to be underwhelming compared to the manga. Especially when they put fillers or start diverging from source material just to have a proper ending.

Of course, there are good adaptations as well.

The Blue Exorcist adapts the manga very faithfully, but it quickly diverges from the source, which is underwhelming. Not as bad as Soul Eater, though. For its credit, Blue Exorcist's filler has the characters go through similar development compared to the manga, but the manga has reached the point where all the characters are much more developed than when the anime ended.

The manga still has a lot to tell, which makes the anime underwhelming in comparison.

Anyway, I'll check out Pandora Hearts one day. I also have Angel Beats, Death Parade, Hellsing and Guilty Crown under consideration, so I guess it's one more bullet point on my to-watch/read list.

And with this, I'm off for a while. See ya.
OK, see ya. I hope you will see Pandora Hearts and find it good. A really like our discussion. See you next time! :4pacman:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm most excited for the Project M side tournament, paradoxically.
Then Melee top 8 of course.
Then seeing ZeRo absolutely destroy everyone in no time flat.
THEN MAHVEL BAYBEEEEE
And USF4 :D

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hi :)

I'm back.

So, they indeed put the wire meaning that.....the rest of the appointments are pretty much checking stuff, the mouth treatment is pretty much done :)

First: why no thread split?

And also, did I missed anything of interest since yesterday?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Imo, I don't mind a clone as long as it's done well (or at least does something new with the idea). Though when it ain't good, then the similarities become all the more glaring.
One Piece is a pretty good Dragon Ball styled series from what little I read admittedly. I think it has enough themes to set itself apart. Characters are also fairly weaker and gain their power a little more slowly, so power gaps aren't too bad. I'll have to get more into it as a whole. Since for the longest time, I ignored it.

YuYu Hakusho was also one of my favorites along with Dragon Ball/DBZ.

That My Hero Academia series is also pretty good. It's main character acts differently from typical Shonen hero. He sort of reminds me of a more nervous Tim Drake, Peter Parker or even Son Gohan to some extent. He's mostly the type of guy who uses his brain rather than charging in head first, which makes him standout.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And also, did I miss anything of interest since yesterday?
You missed a rather engaging conversation on the Higgs boson and the eventual Proton death in our universe. It was a thrilling experience and I learned a lot. :troll:

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Hi :)

I'm back.

So, they indeed put the wire meaning that.....the rest of the appointments are pretty much checking stuff, the mouth treatment is pretty much done :)

First: why no thread split?

And also, did I missed anything of interest since yesterday?
We're going to go up to 2500 pages and then lock the thread. And I don't remember if there was anything from yesterday that was interesting...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I plan on watching as much of Evo as I can. Tekken, Smash, and MK are gonna interest me the most. But I'll keep an eye out for Killer Instinct and Street Fighter as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I prefer Cheez Whiz myself. Of all the torture devices sold on the market, I find it to be the most effective.

D

Deleted member

We're going to go up to 2500 pages and then lock the thread. And I don't remember if there was anything from yesterday that was interesting...
The only interesting thing that happened yesterday was me getting an unfair warning. :glare:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I FOUND THE ULTIMATE MEGAMAN REMIX

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!
Off the charts.png
Swag Up +200
:starman: Super Saiyan Mode Engaged :starman:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So what do you guys think we'll have by the year 2042?

I know what we're all fated to get by then.

wrinkles...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I FOUND THE ULTIMATE MEGAMAN REMIX

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!
View attachment 62082 Swag Up +200
:starman: Super Saiyan Mode Engaged :starman:
I remember hearing that remix a while back. It's pretty legit.

So what do you guys think we'll have by the year 2042?

I know what we're all fated to get by then.

wrinkles...
I don't know about that dude. Some people here are pretty young. Also Black don't crack.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
:starman:Hah.... hah...
This power.... It feels amazing...
:starman:
I remember hearing that remix a while back. It's pretty legit.

I don't know about that dude. Some people here are pretty young. Also Black don't crack.
True Dat

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe...

But you'll grow barnacles instead. :p
Well Morgan Freeman's freckles are easy to explain. Every time he shows up to make a complicated plot become more simple, he gains another freckle. It is his destiny.

Cosby's probably come from whenever he gives someone some of his special BBQ sauce. There's a secret ingredient in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom