• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All the stakes. Even the ones that mutually oppose, like absurdity and having a plot.
But they all share one thing...
ALL THE PROTAGONISTS ARE ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME, ALL NOBLE RONIN WHO ARE PURE HEARTED AND BELIEVING IN PEOPLE AND BEING KIND AND TRUSTING AND STUFF UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Not that there's anything wrong with those things.
Well that's easy, let's start with The Qwaser of Stigmata. Ever wanted to see a stupid concept turned into a popular series?

WHY on earth did you quote me? :p

:231:
N-Nothing Fal! I-I was just looking out for the other members! T-th-that's all! :lol:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We should all just ****post on page 2499 and 2500 just to try and get to Page 2501 to piss FalKoopa off
Grab your exploding salads

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
We should all just ****post on page 2499 and 2500 just to try and get to Page 2501 to piss FalKoopa off
Shhh Oppusom can here us

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pandora Hearts? I've considered starting reading that a while ago.

Haven't heard a lot about it, though.
You should watched. The Manga is really great, the anime homewer is kinda meh and OK at the same time. (The music are godlike homewer) Also, the beginning is hard to follow, you will post multi question and you will get answer piece by piece. Also the character are kinda cliched but become more interesting and likeable. Really, you just need to take your time when reading the Manga. But it's really great when you got into it.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Why do the same thing over and over when we have....
EXPLODING DONUTS!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pulp Fiction (was) technically a disney movie

Which means, Pulp Fiction should be in the next Kingdom Hearts

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I ate tacos, so today is a gud day

Hello Social, what I missed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You should watched. The Manga is really great, the anime homewer is kinda meh and OK at the same time. (The music are godlike homewer) Also, the beginning is hard to follow, you will post multi question and you will get answer piece by piece. Also the character are kinda cliched but become more interesting and likeable. Really, you just need to take your time when reading the Manga. But it's really great when you got into it.
Kind of like World Trigger. Hard to get into because of shoddy beginnings, but become good over the time when things get together.

Another series I like is Blue Exorcist. Feels really cliché'd at first, but it does become interesting later on. A lot of the characters are walking archetypes at first, but get proper development as the plot progresses. The series is still on-going, by the way.

T

Trick or Treat

Thanks guys! I am pretty excited. The other job was fun but things were getting bad.

I plan on going back to school this fall but they weren't able to work a schedule around that. Plus constant rumors going around and other issues.

Also sorry I can't really add much. The one issue of mobile is when I am not home it is hard to keep track of posts as well.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
Good luck on the job Erika

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yeah, the DBZ formula always works for cheap $$$. lol

I try to find action shounens that deviate from the norm (and that often are better, but less popular).

The only mainstream shounen I read is Fairy Tail and that's because it was one of the first manga series I got into.

I just got too far into the story, I'd like to see how it ends. Hence, why I still read every week.

One of the better action shounens I've been reading now is World Trigger. No fanservice, no bland OP hot-blooded main character, no power levels or power of friendship bull****. Focuses more on battle strategy and tactics. Has loads of side characters that are all given a lot of spotlight sometimes even in detriment of the main characters.

The story isn't anything to write home about at first, but things get slowly deeper and more interesting. I think the only flaw is the slow start it has. It takes a while for things to actually start happening. I think this is a major turn-off to many people, unfortunately. Then again, I think it's the author's first major serialization.
Wanna know an old manga that isn't following the "DBZ Formula" ?
JoJo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I think I found my favorite Comic Book cover. It's based on Eric.B and Rakim's album cover.

How can you not like this?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
JoJo.
For some reason, JoJo's doesn't seem to be appealing to me.

The art style is... weird.

I hear it's good and been around for quite a while, but I imagine it may be painful to get into from the beginning, considering how long it's been running, which is a major turn off to me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Kind of like World Trigger. Hard to get into because of shoddy beginnings, but become good over the time when things get together.

Another series I like is Blue Exorcist. Feels really cliché'd at first, but it does become interesting later on. A lot of the characters are walking archetypes at first, but get proper development as the plot progresses. The series is still on-going, by the way.
The Manga (Pandora Hearts i'm talking) is finished if you demand it. So if you want to go into a crazy night when you see every chapter on website that show scan, you can do it. Also i don't known World Trigger but i known Blue Exorcist, i have to advenced when i stopped tough.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Manga (Pandora Hearts i'm talking) is finished if you demand it. So if you want to go into a crazy night when you see every chapter on website that show scan, you can do it. Also i don't known World Trigger but i known Blue Exorcist, i have to advenced when i stopped tough.
Yeah, I might check it out one day.

At what chapter did you stop reading Blue Exorcist? Also, mind that the manga is much better than the anime. The anime pulls off an anime-only ending that deviates from the manga. (The anime's saving grace is the soundtrack by Sawano...)

The manga on the other hand is still ongoing. It being a monthly series makes the wait a bit painful, though.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
JoJo.
I like both Dragon Ball and JoJo. Each are pretty damn influential on other series. Problem is, I think more series try to copy Dragon Ball a lot more often, to varying degrees of success. Though it's hardly fair to blame the originals for copies playing up tropes really hard. But it lacks the charm that the characters have in the first two Dragon Ball series. Toriyama also understood how to make fight scenes work in comic form. A lot of frames work the way they need to, especially during Late DB and Early DBZ. Namely the angle on hits. Or the extra details on beams during finishing moves. Oda's pretty good at that too, so gotta give him credit for that.

Araki on the other hand, has such a particular style it's harder to get a grasp of. Which works to his advantage in the long run.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Who else remembers that we were supposed to have social thread themed MUGEN battles?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, I might check it out one day.

At what chapter did you stop reading Blue Exorcist? Also, mind that the manga is much better than the anime. The anime pulls off an anime-only ending that deviates from the manga. (The anime's saving grace is the soundtrack by Sawano...)

The manga on the other hand is still ongoing. It being a monthly series makes the wait a bit painful, though.
OK. Also i stopped from the four volume if i remember correctly. I don't known why i stopped. Mutli reason probably, and i never see the Anime. I hear homewer that they're we're alot of filler apparently. Like alot of manga adapted in anime. (Pandora Hearts is not a exception, i will say it's worst on some point homewer.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I like both Dragon Ball and JoJo. Each are pretty damn influential on other series. Problem is, I think more series try to copy Dragon Ball a lot more often, to varying degrees of success. Though it's hardly fair to blame the originals for copies playing up tropes really hard. But it lacks the charm that the characters have in the first two Dragon Ball series. Toriyama also understood how to make fight scenes work in comic form. A lot of frames work the way they need to, especially during Late DB and Early DBZ. Namely the angle on hits. Or the extra details on beams during finishing moves. Oda's pretty good at that too, so gotta give him credit for that.

Araki on the other hand, has such a particular style it's harder to get a grasp of. Which works to his advantage in the long run.
Imo, I don't mind a clone as long as it's done well (or at least does something new with the idea). Though when it ain't good, then the similarities become all the more glaring.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Saltybet is the only M.U.G.E.N. thing I've ever cared about. :P

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Fire Emblem and waifus/fanservice go hand in hand now, with the successes of Awakening and Fates. FE15 and above will have them as well.
That moment when you realize the only way Advance Wars can make a revival when waifus are added. ;(
If Advance Wars was reworked into a current times version of Fire Emblem would be great. Having it more about the units would make the game a lot better honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom