• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
And I've read some manga that pushed the limits. (Cough, Fairy Tail as of late, cough...)
So it's not just me. I knew Fairy Tail always had fanservice as typical shounen shows do. It did seem to start getting very obnoxious recently, though. I can't take the female characters seriously when they're cramming a cleavage or butt shot in my field of view.

The only thing that always bugged me in Fairy Tail though; about 99% of the female cast has DD breast sizes. I can only think of 3 characters with small sizes and two of them are Lolis. :l

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Fairy Tail? Isn't that Anime/Manga that is a Hentai censored?:troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So I got a new job offer and quit my old B.S job today...
7f5.gif

Congratulation !
Fairy Tail still exists?
... lol.
Unfortunaly, since boobs and butts are still present in this world, this manga will still be alive.
As well as my barfing when talking about this manga.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Wait, my cousin is watching Fairy Tail. He says its pretty okay and the arcs are just decent.
WHY HAS HE NOT TOLD ME ABOUT THE FANSERVICE?
On a more serious note I'm not all that interested, really.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's the same voice actor?! Whoa i didn't known this! I know that he voiced alot of character but i didn't know he voiced Roy in Smash!
(Yup i changed my avatar, because of you video and because Lelouch is the best.:cool: ALL HAIL LELOUCH!)
Yep, in both Melee and Smash 4.

His name is Jun Fukuyama. He's one of the most well-known Japanese voice actors. In fact, his role as Lelouch is what rose him to fame.

At the very least, FE is more enjoyable than Zelda for me. When I play a Zelda game, I am super bored. Maybe it's Link that I don't like, and why my favorite of all the Zelda games were Wind Wake, because Link had a "personality".

Hating the medieval theme cuts a lot of games for me. Like, for example, all the MMORPG games.
Luggy is a modern a-hole who only appreciates modern stuff and not old medieval universes where magic is normal and swords are like the best weapons in the world.

What an idiot.
:link64::linkmelee::younglinkmelee::marthmelee::roymelee::link2::toonlink::marth::ike::4link::4tlink::4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4robinf::4feroy:
Truly a shame indeed.

You get a dishonorable Frostwraith Seal of Disapproval for that.

View attachment 62062
Don't mention this crap, I'm gonna vomit otherwise.
I pretty much read it for the action. The story isn't anything to write home about.

But it's a lighthearted series. It's not meant to be anything extraordinary or ambitious.

It has its strong points, but overall, it's nothing special. Pretty much your run-of-the-mill long-running shounen manga.

Just like Dragon Ball, Bleach or Naruto.

It sure as hell isn't like FMA or Death Note, but I don't think it's fair to compare mainstream shounen with other titles that, while shounen as well, are more serious in tone and portray characters in a more realistic light.

Different genres take different approaches to storyline, character portrayal and aim for different audiences. It's not bad to have variety. Different people like different things, after all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, my cousin is watching Fairy Tail. He says its pretty okay and the arcs are just decent.
The anime tones down the fanservice. Significantly, actually.

The manga has a lot more fanservice.

Last edited:

Soul.

Unfortunaly, since boobs and butts are still present in this world, this manga will still be alive.
As well as my barfing when talking about this manga.
I know, it hurts my feelings, too - that's all we think about.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Because that's what this thing is : average.
It's just a big copy-paste of all the codes of a "Fighting Mangas/Shonen". Even the fanservice.
If I recall correctly, the guy who created Fairy Tail was an hentai artist. So, that would explain all of those boobarus and booties.

Still, god damn.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The anime tones down the fanservice. Significantly, actually.

The manga has a lot more fanservice.
So I've heard. My cousin says its kinda like DragonBall Z where it's more focused on the action than the plot. It also has the manga>anime thing, too. Still, I'm not all that interested, really.
If it was I who controlled these things, I'd let it go to 2999 before I locked it. Just to drive the OCD people nuts.
Where have I heard this before? Gosh dangit brain you remember something and refuse to tell me about it??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because that's what this thing is : average.
It's just a big copy-paste of all the codes of a "Fighting Mangas/Shonen". Even the fanservice.
If I recall correctly, the guy who created Fairy Tail was an hentai artist. So, that would explain all of those boobarus and booties.

Still, god damn.
Hiro Mashima was a hentai artist? I never heard of that. lol

I mean, I know his previous major work was Rave Master, which is a shounen action manga. That I've seen many people claim as being better than Fairy Tail, ironically enough.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, this conversation got random.
Everything in this thread doesn't make any sense anyway. What do you expected?
Yep, in both Melee and Smash 4.

His name is Jun Fukuyama. He's one of the most well-known Japanese voice actors. In fact, his role as Lelouch is what rose him to fame.

I pretty much read it for the action. The story isn't anything to write home about.

But it's a lighthearted series. It's not meant to be anything extraordinary or ambitious.

It has its strong points, but overall, it's nothing special. Pretty much your run-of-the-mill long-running shounen manga.

Just like Dragon Ball, Bleach or Naruto.

It sure as hell isn't like FMA or Death Note, but I don't think it's fair to compare mainstream shounen with other titles that, while shounen as well, are more serious in tone and portray characters in a more realistic light.

Different genres take different approaches to storyline, character portrayal and aim for different audiences. It's not bad to have variety. Different people like different things, after all.
Well thank's for this information sir. Also huh....Pandora Hearts is kinda like FMA in term of some thing, like the story and the character that begin to be more Intersting and "Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut" but in a good sense. But excuse for this HS.....I just see nobody talking about PH.....

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hiro Mashima was a hentai artist? I never heard of that. lol

I mean, I know his previous major work was Rave Master, which is a shounen action manga. That I've seen many people claim as being better than Fairy Tail, ironically enough.
Just checked this out, and nah, it's just a silly rumor due to the fanservice.

He mainly did one shots. Fairy Tail is the one manga who got the most success, thanks to the DBZ formula that works with every teen in the world.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Fairy Tail?
I see your ecchi manga and raise you
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Freezing
Uh, uhm, there's one I remember seeing really long time ago, but it was generic fate superpowers spiritual bonds harem adventure.
Last but unequivocally the best
Monster Musume

your move, social thread
(you think you know why I'm doing this? Think again! Am I subtly revealing my power level, or am I? Trihex is my favorite streamer.
)

I have a feeling I'd get culture shock if I went over there. Then again, I get culture shock just from going into Chicago.
Anyways, as long as Fates has a good story and gameplay, I'm in since it already has Anna to S rank.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

He mainly did one shots. Fairy Tail is the one manga who got the most success, thanks to the DBZ formula that works with every teen in the world.
Ahh, teenage years; the best and worst years of your life. You get to live life with a moderate amount of freedom and paid support from your parents, but you grow into an adult, you learn life values, and begin to resent all teenagers for being parasites and wish they off the face of the earth.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because Rovio will stop at nothing to make more money.
Obligatory:
Damn i was going to post the same thing. But you added the video so it's better. Good job bro. "Slow clap"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Fairy Tail?
I see your ecchi manga and raise you
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Freezing
Uh, uhm, there's one I remember seeing really long time ago, but it was generic fate superpowers spiritual bonds harem adventure.
Last but unequivocally the best
Monster Musume

your move, social thread
(you think you know why I'm doing this? Think again! Am I subtly revealing my power level, or am I? Trihex is my favorite streamer.
)

I have a feeling I'd get culture shock if I went over there. Then again, I get culture shock just from going into Chicago.
Anyways, as long as Fates has a good story and gameplay, I'm in since it already has Anna to S rank.
Well that depends. What stakes are we raising? Absurdity; nudity; trying to have a God damn plot; something to have a foundation upon.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
We all remember our own embarrassments the most intensely, and often can't see the flaws that other people actually care about.
With that, I have peace about my teenage years. I can look back on my mistakes fondly and without regret.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well that depends. What stakes are we raising? Absurdity; nudity; trying to have a God damn plot; something to have a foundation upon.
All the stakes. Even the ones that mutually oppose, like absurdity and having a plot. That would mean there are less steaks. I mean stakes. Mmm, steak.
But they all share one thing...
ALL THE PROTAGONISTS ARE ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME, ALL NOBLE RONIN WHO ARE PURE HEARTED AND BELIEVING IN PEOPLE AND BEING KIND AND TRUSTING AND STUFF UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Not that there's anything wrong with those virtues.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well thank's for this information sir. Also huh....Pandora Hearts is kinda like FMA in term of some thing, like the story and the character that begin to be more Intersting and "Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut" but in a good sense. But excuse for this HS.....I just see nobody talking about PH.....
Pandora Hearts? I've considered starting reading that a while ago.

Haven't heard a lot about it, though.

Yeah, the DBZ formula always works for cheap $$$. lol

I try to find action shounens that deviate from the norm (and that often are better, but less popular).

The only mainstream shounen I read is Fairy Tail and that's because it was one of the first manga series I got into.

I just got too far into the story, I'd like to see how it ends. Hence, why I still read every week.

One of the better action shounens I've been reading now is World Trigger. No fanservice, no bland OP hot-blooded main character, no power levels or power of friendship bull****. Focuses more on battle strategy and tactics. Has loads of side characters that are all given a lot of spotlight sometimes even in detriment of the main characters.

The story isn't anything to write home about at first, but things get slowly deeper and more interesting. I think the only flaw is the slow start it has. It takes a while for things to actually start happening. I think this is a major turn-off to many people, unfortunately. Then again, I think it's the author's first major serialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom