• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It seems everyone has witnessed the worst that is Tube Heroes.
Thinking about looking even more to see if they're just selling out Minecraft Players. :4pacman: Imagine a PewDiePie figure.

.....how?

I think mine was with wires and controllers for like 40-50?

Not to mention the first game I had to get ssbm cost like 50....

(Gc games are unfortunately expensive, like I got TTYD for 40....).
Before my GCN controller broke, I got Metroid Prime for 3 bucks.
Since my controller broke, I'm stuck in the Phazon Mines forever.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You underestimate me. If I say that :4fox: is a dog, that becomes the truth.

For example, If I say :wolf: was never in Smash, he get photoshopped out of pictures. Just see.

BEFORE: Brawl, AFTER: Smash 4
:231:
You dirty commie!! >:(

You want to make an enemy out of me?! :demon:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you spam the button the boomerang is assigned to (I think) it'll come back instantly so you can throw it again. So after you get your hits in, call it back. Don't forget to snap a pic if you're going for figures.

Miniblins are also easily dispatched with the boomerang. I prefer the skull hammer because sending them flying like golf balls is fun. :bluejump:
I can kill Miniblins easy its just the haunting noise they do that annoys me.

I get so annoyed that I rage swing my sword at them XD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
strangely it reminds me of this

Where you had to find the "Vampire"
At the start of the game, people are divided into different roles. Each role has different skills which can be used.

• Villager (村人): Regular villager. There are 3 of them per game.
  • Fortuneteller (占い師): Can pick two players and see if one of the two is a vampire.
  • Knight (騎士): Can protect the villagers from being attacked by the vampire.
  • Traitor (裏切り者): A villager who is on the side of the vampire.
  • Vampire (吸血鬼): Can attack the villagers.
The Vampire and Traitor form the Vampire Team (吸血鬼チーム) while the others form the Villager Team (村人チーム). The goal of the Vampire team is to kill all the villagers by attacking them. In contrast, the Villager team needs to successfully exile the vampire by agreeing on its identity.

The game happens in two alternating phases: the Day phase and the Night phase. During the Day phase, players will communicate with the others in order to identify the vampire. They can do so by using keywords to accuse the other players of being the vampire. Keywords can also be quoted after every player has used them, giving players the opportunity to figure out who is bluffing or telling the truth. During the Night phase, the special abilities can be used. The vampire gets a chance to attack a villager, and if successful, that villager will no longer be able to participate.

Ill be damned, it is like Mafia
That's pretty much a mafia game. Huh a Mafia game for iOS and 3DS; that actually sounds good.

:231:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Starting next monday, im gonna be learning some karate. Just gonna go through self-defense and finess.
That means im gonna get a new avi and text color. Havent decided what it'll be yet, so I'll just leave it as a surprise.
Wish i had freemium, though.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

COMRADE!
WE SHALL LOOK OVER THE SNOW EMPIRE
AS WE DRINK VODKA
LIKE BEAR FRIEND
JUST LIKE IN MOTHER RUSSIA
IN STALIN DAYS

Starting next monday, im gonna be learning some karate. Just gonna go through self-defense and finess.
That means im gonna get a new avi and text color. Havent decided what it'll be yet, so I'll just leave it as a surprise.
You didn't get mugged, did you? :4villager:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Russia, I wanted to move there as a kid because I thought that the snow always meant snow days out of school.
Then I learned that snow days weren't for everyone.

Stun guns... Theyre pretty dangerous weapons.
My uncle was really into self defense. He had a suitcase with a lot of stuff including brass knuckles, an actual stun gun, and iirc sap gloves, which give your punch a much harder blow. Then he had a knife disguised as a pen and balisongs/butterfly knives.

I don't know where he got them from, but I know not to mess around with him. :reverse:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
You know the more and more I play Splatoon, the more I realize how much Nintendo is acting like a parent with it. Beginning with the the global testfire it was like "You can only play during these times on these days for ONE hour, and then we're taking our game back." Now that the game is released its like "You can only play two maps, two modes, the ranked mode switches so you can't choose, every few hours, and you can't play ranked with your friends, nor can you make teams with friends (at least not yet). Also if you want to play locally, you have to play this ****ty mode where you pop balloons for 5 minutes. And you can only play two player."

I get its for server purposes or whatever, but literally no other game does this, and honestly it's annoying. Splatoon is basically the opposite of Smash Bros where the game doesn't give you a whole lot of options on how to play, and for a game with a unique concept like this, its infuriating. They essentially police us and tell us you can only play this way or don't play at all. I just want to play tower control because I'm better at it than stupid Splat Zones, but because Nintendo has to control everything like a possessive boyfriend, we can't.

Thanks Obama. /rant

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You know the more and more I play Splatoon, the more I realize how much Nintendo is acting like a parent with it. Beginning with the the global testfire it was like "You can only play during these times on these days for ONE hour, and then we're taking our game back." Now that the game is released its like "You can only play two maps, two modes, the ranked mode switches so you can't choose, every few hours, and you can't play ranked with your friends, nor can you make teams with friends (at least not yet). Also if you want to play locally, you have to play this ****ty mode where you pop balloons for 5 minutes. And you can only play two player."

I get its for server purposes or whatever, but literally no other game does this, and honestly it's annoying. Splatoon is basically the opposite of Smash Bros where the game doesn't give you a whole lot of options on how to play, and for a game with a unique concept like this, its infuriating. They essentially police us and tell us you can only play this way or don't play at all. I just want to play tower control because I'm better at it than stupid Splat Zones, but because Nintendo has to control everything like a possessive boyfriend, we can't.

Thanks Obama. /rant
There isnt much to do on Splatoon now besides single and online which is why I said it was fun while it laster and went back to playing mario kart 8.

Hopefully they do some event that isnt those splatfest things. Crossovers would be nice like what Mario Kart is doing

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Playing an Ocarina to music while outside is soooo much fun.

Try to take me down if you can. >:)

*Uses Geass to make you obey me*
Ugh, That laugh is soooooo... Um whats the word?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm back! So anyone have get the Freemium of Neo Zero when i was not here?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I was thinking about Paper Jam and one thing that would make me insta buy the game is if there's some plot stuff that would imply that Paper Mario lived different adventures than mario.

Like, you would see Paper Mario references that mario wouldn;t know of or something like that.

If they do this, I would buy the game cause it'll be too awesome :)

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Don't give so much hate onto Obama.
Wait for Donald Trump to be elected in order to release the anger. :troll:
But Donald Trump is so stupid and easily hateable that the memes wont be as funny because the jokes will just make himself. Obama on the other hand actually said the words "Manga" and "Anime" during an actual speech. The word anime ACTUALLY left the lips of an American president. You'll never get that with anybody.

Also, who had the sick and twisted idea of making Splatoon ranked stupidly hard to level up in? I only recently got to B+ after being stuck at B- for AN ENTIRE MONTH. So thanks Obama, for making my life harder after all these years (except not really)

:4wario2:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
it sounds more like the guy has trouble to breath or something :)

idk it just feels unnatural even considering it's supposed to be exaggerated.

Actually, there's people that breath while laughing in a weird way so the sounds is kinda funny :)
Any kind of evil or insane laughter is usually exaggerated.

Speaking of evil laughs, tell me if these aren't awesomely amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzsVy9HdL4 (Ganondorf in Zelda: Wind Waker)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65oaIHsdYM (Light/Kira in Death Note)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Any kind of evil or insane laughter is usually exaggerated. (Trivia: it's done by the same voice actor as :4feroy:.)

Speaking of evil laughs, tell me if these aren't awesomely amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzsVy9HdL4 (Ganondorf in Zelda: Wind Waker)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65oaIHsdYM (Light/Kira in Death Note)
I know the first very well because speedruns stuff and I actually kinda like it, except that he almost sound like almost sneezing at one point, like......it was so good and then it.....anyway.

The second however.....he is to the brink of crying what the?

Anyway, the first is just much better because it feels at least somehow naturally exaggerated :)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know the first very well because speedruns stuff and I actually kinda like it, except that he almost sound like almost sneezing at one point, like......it was so good and then it.....anyway.

Anyway, the first is just much better because it feels at least somehow naturally exaggerated :)
In both cases, you have characters that lost their sanity by that point in the respective stories. lol

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Natural exaggeration... What a weird thing it is.
Yet we have the ears to distinguish between that and a forced laugh.
No, here's a better question:

If they're sitting there, laughing, eyes closed, why do they just stand there and watch?
SHOOT THAT ************ ALREADY. :younglinkmelee:
The ending would be pretty anti-climatic.
Of course, there are stories were people die in that way...

T

Trick or Treat

So far I have only let one unit die in my current playthrough of Awakening. And that is because I didn't really try to save him. I wanted to, I really did.

But I didn't. :c

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Natural exaggeration... What a weird thing it is.
Yet we have the ears to distinguish between that and a forced laugh.

The ending would be pretty anti-climatic.
Of course, there are stories were people die in that way...
no like what I mean is that it';s the difference between a strong laugh that sounds fine and an over the top one that just.....it;s absurd.

Seriously the second one could actually die if he continued.....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Well in the 2nd one he went bat**** insane.

You would have to watch the show to understand
w-what unit?
I swear if it was Henry...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom