• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"See Anime/Manga discussion"
Hey! Maybe someone know Pandora Hearts!
"See nothing about it"
oie_BzWJxpEwK507.jpg

One day i will find people to talk about PH, One day.
#Believe:4samus:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Anime talk? Sweet!

I've been meaning to expand my horizons, right now I've only actively watched these series:

•One Piece
•Dragon Ball Z
•Gurren Lagann
•Kill la Kill
•SGT Frog
•Hellsing Ultimate
•Soul Eater (As of this week)

I've read many more manga and watched small parts of many more anime but for now I have a huge selection on my To-Do list.

Fairy Tail, InuYasha, My Little Monster, and many more are all on my list of series that I've seen episodes of but never bothered to invest in.

T

Trick or Treat

Since you're asking what anime I've watched, here goes:
- Soul Eater (the manga is so much better)
- Sword Art Online (only the first season and I don't intend to watch the 2nd)
- Fairy Tail (stopped watching, only read the manga nowadays)
- Durarara!! (first season and the 1st cour of the 2nd, waiting for the next cour)
- Attack on Titan (I've been keeping with the manga)
- Blue Exorcist (the manga is better)
- Death Note
- Gurren Lagann
- Kill la Kill
- Aldnoah.Zero
- Code Geass
- Parasyte (really great anime)
- Owari no Seraph (also keeping with the manga)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- World Trigger

That's what I can recall. There may be some titles missing.

lolnaruto
The next cour of Durarara started last week.

カワシさん

I know what anime is kinda like in definition, but I jsut feel like it;s not really something I really have interest.

Like I really don;t ever watch movies, I just don';t like the idea of just looking at a screen for some time to experience something that is planned already. I just don;t and the only time I used to watch shows was like cartoon stuff and that was before I got into video games, I was only trying to pass the time.

Which is why I would just play most games over watching movies, it;s jsut better to be able to kinda control the way you enjoy the media. I realised a long time ago that it got beyond just passing time, it was something that was more closer to me than jsut looking at the screen and reacting.

Music is an exception because my hearing is so good that I really am so picky in music that I love when I hear good vgm (and I actually like classical). I unfortunately can;t say this for my sight....I naturally pay less attention.

I just don;t like these medias much. It;s hard to see the appeal of something when the most basic task of watching the media is not something I enjoy much. It jsut has to do with how I use my time here, to me, it has to be worth in the end....I just am picky.
I can agree with this. I only watch anime if I'm in a certain mood. Same with movies. Other than that I'd prefer video games or something hands on (such as learning a language).

T

Trick or Treat

I would post a list of all the anime I have watched, but it would be way too long. Around 200 anime <.<

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would post a list of all the anime I have watched, but it would be way too long. Around 200 anime <.<
I suggest making an account on myanimelist. It has helped me keep track of what I've watched so that I don't have to remember the 50+ animes I've seen. You can also use it to brag. :p

:231:

カワシさん

I've seen only a few series of anime. 200 anime is just.. I CAN'T DO THAT.

T

Trick or Treat

Well, it may seem like a crazy amount but I am 21 and have been watching since elementary school. So over that many years it adds up.

I suggest making an account on myanimelist. It has helped me keep track of what I've watched so that I don't have to remember the 50+ animes I've seen. You can also use it to brag. :p

You know...that wouldn't be such a bad idea haha

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here I am eating my noodle bowl when this shows up on a Layton Brothers video Im watching
layton.JPG

I was in such a shock of seeing that in detail that some of the soup from the noodles went right into my eye from a noodle whiplashing

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, please. If I posted a spoiler tag saying "Don't Open", what are the chances that you actually won't open it? ;) Humans are curious by nature.

I'm actually very curious by nature (just like most of humanity, I'd guess), but I can control it.

You see, I actually get very invested in stories. I hate being spoiled. It ruins the experience for me.

The next cour of Durarara started last week.
Oh, it has? Nice.

What's up?
If you're inside, the ceiling. If you're outside, the sky. :troll:

I can agree with this. I only watch anime if I'm in a certain mood. Same with movies. Other than that I'd prefer video games or something hands on (such as learning a language).
Look at this guy! Username and signature in Japanese!

Are you Japanese? Are you a weeb? :smirk:

Kinda excessive, I agree.

Well, it may seem like a crazy amount but I am 21 and have been watching since elementary school. So over that many years it adds up.
And maybe not so excessive.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Saw @ Frostwraith Frostwraith was here, wanted to say hi to him.

Hope you've been doing well. c:

Holy crap I am friggin exhausted tho

T

Trick or Treat

@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Yesss Yuyu Hakusho!

I'm actually very curious by nature (just like most of humanity, I'd guess), but I can control it.

You see, I actually get very invested in stories. I hate being spoiled. It ruins the experience for me.

Oh, it has? Nice.

If you're inside, the ceiling. If you're outside, the sky. :troll:

Kinda excessive, I agree.

And maybe not so excessive.
Yeah the first episode was pretty good. I'm not sure if you read the light novels for Durarara. I have, though, and it is really great to see some of these scenes animated.

カワシさん

I don't think it's excessive but I wouldn't be able to do that. All I'm saying XD

You are truly an anime fan

nintendo-spider, you are so dead.

Nope, I just like Japan, otherwise I would be over the top. Plus I don't even watch Anime or read Manga a whole lot.

Also, I'm American but I'm learning Japanese. Weeaboos tend to try and imitate Japanese and normally get it wrong

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah the first episode was pretty good. I'm not sure if you read the light novels for Durarara. I have, though, and it is really great to see some of these scenes animated.
Nope, I haven't read the novels. Only the anime.

Great series, anyway.

WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS SHOW?
Do it. Now.

Then watch Kill la Kill if you haven't already. It's by the same creators and just as awesome.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Nope, I haven't read the novels. Only the anime.

Great series, anyway.

Do it. Now.

Then watch Kill la Kill if you haven't already. It's by the same creators and just as awesome.
Do I watch it dubbed or subbed?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
maybe ill watch that after HxH?
Do it. See the Manga homever, it's better. But just do it. You won't regret it i swear.
Also my internet is slow as hell. I'm just like this now.
oie_SGjteRGEmUrw.jpg

This "Thing" is from from Pandora Hearts by the way.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nope, I just like Japan, otherwise I would be over the top. Plus I don't even watch Anime or read Manga a whole lot.

Also, I'm American but I'm learning Japanese. Weeaboos tend to try and imitate Japanese and normally get it wrong
Ah, I see. I figured that would be the case. (I was just joking, if that wasn't obvious enough. :p)

I'm also learning Japanese. At a freaking snail's pace, but still.

Do I watch it dubbed or subbed?
I watched it subbed, so I recommend you doing so, but I heard the dub isn't bad.

It's up to you.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Ah, I see. I figured that would be the case. (I was just joking, if that wasn't obvious enough. :p)

I watched it subbed, so I recommend you doing so, but I heard the dub isn't bad.

It's up to you.
Well, I'm gonna go watch the first episode.
HERE I GOOOOOOO! :wario:

Last edited:

カワシさん

I knew you were joking, which is why I said "Nope" instead of "OMG NO YOU FREAKING JJDANFOJASNVIENIVNASINHCS." I just wanted to give an honest answer. I did look up the definition of weeaboo and that is FAR from me :).

Speaking of learning Japanese, I just can't... stand... the.. kanji. 2000 kanji....

cri

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Cool. You mean, the figures themselves? Used to watch them years ago for the fun of it.
Yep. When I was 13 and actually had money I bought a bunch of ROTF toys (I didn't watch the movie yet, no that I did it sucks, but the toys are definetely awesome). Now I have to stay here watching people review the Combiner Wars line... I hate being poor.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I knew you were joking, which is why I said "Nope" instead of "OMG NO YOU FREAKING JJDANFOJASNVIENIVNASINHCS." I just wanted to give an honest answer. I did look up the definition of weeaboo and that is FAR from me :).

Speaking of learning Japanese, I just can't... stand... the.. kanji. 2000 kanji....

cri
So many kanji, indeed.

Could be worse, though. For Chinese, you have to learn far more.

Well, I'm gonna go watch the first episode.
HERE I GOOOOOOO! :wario:
You're in for a wild ride. Enjoy.

カワシさん

So many kanji, indeed.

Could be worse, though. For Chinese, you have to learn far more.
I hear it's 3000-4000..

I am considering learning Korean or Hindi once I'm finished. I plan to learn about 4-5 languages. Those or Arabic.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
The recolor that never was... that should have been. Sell it for 10$ idc I want Ninten Alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom