• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So far I have only let one unit die in my current playthrough of Awakening. And that is because I didn't really try to save him. I wanted to, I really did.

But I didn't. :c
Wha??? Why did you let him die?

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
No way would I let Henry die! He is one of my favorites.

It was poor Kellam :(
I didn't even notice he died
poor kellam.
nobody ever sees him to the point that even when he dies, you don't notice.
dont let henry die.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
News Flash : There's a petition to deport Ariana Grande from the U.S.
I'm sorry, wot? :confused:

So far I have only let one unit die in my current playthrough of Awakening. And that is because I didn't really try to save him. I wanted to, I really did.

But I didn't. :c
You could've saved them, Envy.
How could you be so sadistic? :evil:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
i remember watching the Death Note laugh.
always thought it was pretty cool.
Have you watched the entire anime?

no like what I mean is that it';s the difference between a strong laugh that sounds fine and an over the top one that just.....it;s absurd.

Seriously the second one could actually die if he continued.....
Pretty much this:
Well in the 2nd one he went bat**** insane.

You would have to watch the show to understand
I also recommend watching Death Note by the way. Really good anime.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
News Flash : There's a petition to deport Ariana Grande from the U.S.
I'm sorry, wot? :confused:

You could've saved them, Envy.
How could you be so sadistic? :evil:

Seriously that is the most insulting thing I ive ever heard

T

Trick or Treat

poor kellam.
nobody ever sees him to the point that even when he dies, you don't notice.
dont let henry die.
Henry won't die. My team is kind of unstoppable at the moment. I am about to recruit Severa, too!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
....I really don;t care about anime.....

(by this I mean I never saw the apeal of them).
Such shortsightedness. :smirk:

Anime is Japanese animation. There are many different series, spanning all sort of genres (including action, comedy, drama, terror, romance, fantasy, sci-fi and so on).

It's a form of media with, you know, stories. If you like anything with storytelling, you may like anime.

yuuup, it and Angel Beats were the very first anime's i watched back in... 2012 or 2013, forget which.
Like both a ton.
I see.

Never watched Angel Beats. I have heard of it, though.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I see.

not sure of EVERY anime you've watched, so i dunno if you'd like it. but like i told Obo:
you haven't watched that yet?
its pretty good. short though. the characters are really great.
if you've seen clannad i think you'd like it, those are made by the same creators.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Anime is Japanese animation. There are many different series, spanning all sort of genres (including action, comedy, drama, terror, romance, fantasy, sci-fi and so on).

It's a form of media with, you know, stories. If you like anything with storytelling, you may like anime.
inb4 he gets hold of a bad show and claims anime is stupid

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Here's a classic:
"It sucks how you don't get a Knight until much later on in Awakening. I mean, until the second generation units start springing up, you have to reclass a decent unit if you want one. It would be really nice if they just gave you a knight in the first few chapters. Good tanks are relatively rare until the late game."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
not sure of EVERY anime you've watched, so i dunno if you'd like it. but like i told Obo:
Since you're asking what anime I've watched, here goes:
- Soul Eater (the manga is so much better)
- Sword Art Online (only the first season and I don't intend to watch the 2nd)
- Fairy Tail (stopped watching, only read the manga nowadays)
- Durarara!! (first season and the 1st cour of the 2nd, waiting for the next cour)
- Attack on Titan (I've been keeping with the manga)
- Blue Exorcist (the manga is better)
- Death Note
- Gurren Lagann
- Kill la Kill
- Aldnoah.Zero
- Code Geass
- Parasyte (really great anime)
- Owari no Seraph (also keeping with the manga)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- World Trigger

That's what I can recall. There may be some titles missing.

I was about to say Naruto but Japan loves that ****...
OH OH Ghost Stories. So bad that Japan just said "do whatever you want with it"
lolnaruto

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By the power of anime or some **** like that. The circle Pad of my 3DS rework again correctly, good, good.:4roy:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Since you're asking what anime I've watched, here goes:
- Soul Eater (the manga is so much better)
- Sword Art Online (only the first season and I don't intend to watch the 2nd)
- Fairy Tail (stopped watching, only read the manga nowadays)
- Durarara!! (first season and the 1st cour of the 2nd, waiting for the next cour)
- Attack on Titan (I've been keeping with the manga)
- Blue Exorcist (the manga is better)
- Death Note
- Gurren Lagann
- Kill la Kill
- Aldnoah.Zero
- Code Geass
- Parasyte (really great anime)
- Owari no Seraph (also keeping with the manga)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- World Trigger

That's what I can recall. There may be some titles missing.

lolnaruto
then i'd sayyy.... eh, dunno if you'd like it. not sure though, feel free to try it.

Soul Eater is pretty cool. Not a huge Sword Art Online fan. Been meaning to watch Parasyte soon, after finishing HxH up.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
then i'd sayyy.... eh, dunno if you'd like it. not sure though, feel free to try it.
I may be watching it some day.

Soul Eater is pretty cool. Not a huge Sword Art Online fan. Been meaning to watch Parasyte soon, after finishing HxH up.
Parasyte is so good. The anime is also very faithful to the manga.

I've also heard good things about HxH, so I've considered watching that before. However, I'm well aware of the infamous hiatuses the manga is known to take, which is a damn shame.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So I came back from playing with my cat, who's going crazy on everything in my house due to his age.
Apparently @Omni liked the posts where I talked about him from last night.
3ff.gif

I'm getting popular guys. Soon, I'll do a controversial video about Smash 4 and everyone will hate me for it because I said my opinion.
Oh well ! It's fun to see the community yelling on stuff. :4pacman:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So I came back from playing with my cat, who's going crazy on everything in my house due to his age.
Apparently @Omni liked the posts where I talked about him from last night.
View attachment 61029
I'm getting popular guys. Soon, I'll do a controversial video about Smash 4 and everyone will hate me for it because I said my opinion.
Oh well ! It's fun to see the community yelling on stuff. :4pacman:
Well, I think you'll agree that Deporting Ariana Grande is the most stupid and insulting thing you can do to a celebrity.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I may be watching it some day.

Parasyte is so good. The anime is also very faithful to the manga.

I've also heard good things about HxH, so I've considered watching that before. However, I'm well aware of the infamous hiatuses the manga is known to take, which is a damn shame.
as of right now the anime is "over", and the manga is on hold.
the show is soooo good though. good blend of great action (in later episodes, passed the hunter exam). it has some really good characters and some decent plots. despite it being at about 137 episodes, it never really seems to lose good plot points and characters.

the author is just, well, lazy. he could have finished the manga years ago if he stayed consistent. he wastes most of his time playing Dragon Quest.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
yuuup, it and Angel Beats were the very first anime's i watched back in... 2012 or 2013, forget which.
Like both a ton.
Angel Beats was a little too sad for my liking. Really, everyone had tragic back-stories and the ending is a downer too. I get that the story is supposed to make you cry, but it seriously felt like overkill. :ohwell:

:231:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I see.

I know what anime is kinda like in definition, but I jsut feel like it;s not really something I really have interest.

Like I really don;t ever watch movies, I just don';t like the idea of just looking at a screen for some time to experience something that is planned already. I just don;t and the only time I used to watch shows was like cartoon stuff and that was before I got into video games, I was only trying to pass the time.

Which is why I would just play most games over watching movies, it;s jsut better to be able to kinda control the way you enjoy the media. I realised a long time ago that it got beyond just passing time, it was something that was more closer to me than jsut looking at the screen and reacting.

Music is an exception because my hearing is so good that I really am so picky in music that I love when I hear good vgm (and I actually like classical). I unfortunately can;t say this for my sight....I naturally pay less attention.

I just don;t like these medias much. It;s hard to see the appeal of something when the most basic task of watching the media is not something I enjoy much. It jsut has to do with how I use my time here, to me, it has to be worth in the end....I just am picky.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All this anime talk, and I still prefer manga.
I also tend to prefer manga, but both have a lot of overlap in regards to art style and kind of stories.

as of right now the anime is "over", and the manga is on hold.
the show is soooo good though. good blend of great action (in later episodes, passed the hunter exam). it has some really good characters and some decent plots. despite it being at about 137 episodes, it never really seems to lose good plot points and characters.

the author is just, well, lazy. he could have finished the manga years ago if he stayed consistent. he wastes most of his time playing Dragon Quest.
It's unfortunate.

I know that a lot of manga authors take breaks and whatnot as, from what I know, serialization can take quite the toll on the author's physical health, but I heard that HxH had hiatuses that lasted over a year. That is a bit excessive to be just health problems.

Angel Beats was a little too sad for my liking. Really, everyone had tragic back-stories and the ending is a downer too. I get that the story is supposed to make you cry, but it seriously felt like overkill. :ohwell:

Well, not every story has to be happy and all that. ;)

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

itttts very sad
naoi made me CRY HARD
but i think they balanced the insane sadness with the humor. show was pretty hilarious to me overall.
and the end, in one way or another, is happy sort of. atleast to me.

would explain but dont wanna spoil anything.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I found this masterpiece while browsing the web:
It's short, but still amazing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know what anime is kinda like in definition, but I jsut feel like it;s not really something I really have interest.

Like I really don;t ever watch movies, I just don';t like the idea of just looking at a screen for some time to experience something that is planned already. I just don;t and the only time I used to watch shows was like cartoon stuff and that was before I got into video games, I was only trying to pass the time.

Which is why I would just play most games over watching movies, it;s jsut better to be able to kinda control the way you enjoy the media. I realised a long time ago that it got beyond just passing time, it was something that was more closer to me than jsut looking at the screen and reacting.

Music is an exception because my hearing is so good that I really am so picky in music that I love when I hear good vgm (and I actually like classical). I unfortunately can;t say this for my sight....I naturally pay less attention.

I just don;t like these medias much. It;s hard to see the appeal of something when the most basic task of watching the media is not something I enjoy much. It jsut has to do with how I use my time here, to me, it has to be worth in the end....I just am picky.
Uh... Whatever floats your boat.

That's why spoiler tags exist.

This...
Code:
[spoiler="Spoiler"]This is a spoiler.[/spoiler]
...generates this:

This is a spoiler.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
itttts very sad
naoi made me CRY HARD
but i think they balanced the insane sadness with the humor. show was pretty hilarious to me overall.
and the end, in one way or another, is happy sort of. atleast to me.

Well yeah, it did have an odd sense of humour, peppered everywhere, like the over the top ways, the baseball match and the underground segments, but I guess, I don't really like stories that end with the protagonist keeling over and crying his heart out.

Clannad at least turned things around in the end.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

This...
Code:
...generates this:

This is a spoiler.
of course but sometimes people even read those and get spoiled
that and im too lazy to type up the explaination because im making a dark souls character based off some anime character i dont know.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Uh... Whatever floats your boat.

This...
Code:
...generates this:

This is a spoiler.
Spoiler Tags are bait. They attract your attention with that bright button, screaming "Don't you want to peek inside?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom