• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

brawl sonic was a million times cancerous than smash 4 sonic.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't get how can :4sonic: be considered top tier if his moves aren't that good to begin with.
Is he fast?
Hell yes.
Can he punch fast?
Yes.
Can he make slower characters his *****?
Yes.

We have our top tier.

Soul.

smash 4 sonic in a nutshell:
-spin
-spin to shield
-spin
-spin to shield
-spin
-spin
-spin to shield
-repeat
-timeout

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
User: "Hey Omni! Does Falcon count as a to-"
Omni: "Wrong. Too low. Anything under S and Cancer to the meta (:4sonic:) tier must be deemed 'casual tier'. Please, play a more respectful character like Space Elsa."
But remember : your game is already dead.
Omni.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember playing against RadiatorRampardos back in late 2010, around December or so. Of course, 3DS/Wii U wasn't a thing at the time, so Brawl it was. He told me I sucked at the game. Turns out the culprit was the lagfest found in the game's online modes. Lol.

I didn't really play With Anyone much. I could care less about it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
smash 4 sonic in a nutshell:
-spin
-spin to shield
-spin
-spin to shield
-spin
-spin
-spin to shield
-repeat
-timeout
And that's exactly why he should have a Battle based moveset. In that game he barely had any spinball attacks and he actually had diversity in his moves unlike his Smash portrayal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really wish his moves were based on Sonic Battle, kinda like PM.
His moves just kind of seem.. rushed in a way. Should've gotten more polish and stuff.
A Sonic Battle-like moveset would be ten times better.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You know what this community needs?

Melee HD.

Except anyone under S tier is cut and all the unviable stages are removed.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
wth even is final destination why is that planet so damn close to the sun yet it has water

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
It's weird, I played Sonic in Brawl, (You can see he was my main) yet I just dropped him in this game. I think it was just more appeal of other characters. I still pick him up though, and try to use his ENTIRE moveset, unlike the people who just spindash into aerials.

Also, I would like to see a bit more variety in his moveset as well. Light-speed dash, somersault, and some Sonic Battle moves.

Soul.

I don't know, Sonic seemed cancerous in 1.0.4 with his back throw that had strong KO potential. He loves to time you out with his Spin Dash gimmick ****. You can't play his game.
Fortunately he wasn't able to time you out in Brawl, or so I recall. But his voice in that game.... **** that voice.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's weird, I played Sonic in Brawl, (You can see he was my main) yet I just dropped him in this game. I think it was just more appeal of other characters. I still pick him up though, and try to use his ENTIRE moveset, unlike the people who just spindash into aerials.

Also, I would like to see a bit more variety in his moveset as well. Light-speed dash, somersault, and some Sonic Battle moves.
It happens. Characters change, and sometimes they don't fulfill our needs anymore.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sakurai and his team can be an idiots at times.
  • Wario has no references to Wario Land, but still has one for Wario World.
  • Bowser and DK still have generic grunts and noises (as well as Diddy), but the koopalings and Bowser Jr. got their official voices.
  • Dark Pit was added, but his character was destroyed by his own creator.
  • Him and his team still don't know how to make Dr.Mario an alt costume for Mario while the community did in Brawl.
  • Sonic's moveset is boring, even though he had 2 fighting games.
  • The only characters who got balanced custom moves are Mario and Palutena.
And there's plenty more.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sonic's pretty much my secondary in Brawl only playing second banana to Ike. He just isn't fun anymore in Smash 4, so I dropped him for Yoshi. It's getting to the point where I wouldn't even mind seeing Sonic get cut from the next title.

Soul.

Dr. Mario using F.L.U.D.D. instead of his trusty Tornado would be hilarious, and bad at the same time. If he was a Mario alt, anyway.

D

Deleted member

You know what this community needs?

Melee HD.

Except anyone under S tier is cut and all the unviable stages are removed.
It would bring #NEVERSTOPCLIMBINGOMG back to the ring. This makes up for their dismissal in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
  • Wario has no references to Wario Land, but still has one for Wario World.
  • Bowser and DK still have generic grunts and noises (as well as Diddy), but the koopalings and Bowser Jr. got their official voices.
  • Dark Pit was added, but his character was destroyed by his own creator.
  • Him and his team still don't know how to make Dr.Mario an alt costume for Mario while the community did in Brawl.
  • Sonic's moveset is boring, even though he had 2 fighting games.
  • The only characters who got balanced custom moves are Mario and Palutena.
And there's plenty more.
Sometimes, I do wish he had the competitive community in mind during development since they tend to keep playing once the more (for lack of better term) casual players get bored.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Dr. Mario using F.L.U.D.D. instead of his trusty Tornado would be hilarious, and bad at the same time. If he was a Mario alt, anyway.
Why not doing like PM and bringing back the old tornado to Mario ?
Or change the FLUDD for the hammer from Donkey Kong, Paper Mario and M&L ?
Because it's seriously a boring tool for Mario. Thank god his custom moves got a scalding one (30% chances to burn brother) because otherwise, I never use the FLUDD.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Because it's seriously a boring tool for Mario. Thank god his custom moves got a scalding one (30% chances to burn brother) because otherwise, I never use the FLUDD.
I would rather they actually make Paper Mario as a character :)

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sonic's pretty much my secondary in Brawl only playing second banana to Ike. He just isn't fun anymore in Smash 4, so I dropped him for Yoshi. It's getting to the point where I wouldn't even mind seeing Sonic get cut from the next title.
His moveset can be reworked you know.

This statement reminds me of when some people thought Metaknight would be cut just because of his status in Brawl.

Last edited:

Soul.

Scalding F.L.U.D.D. is a blessing for Mario and I hope it becomes the default version of F.L.U.D.D. (dammit that's not happening); this way, Mario Tornado could be a custom move. Or something.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Wario has no references to Wario Land, but still has one for Wario World.
I'm one of the very few here who just loves Wario's moveset in this game. Guess I don't care if he has Wario Land moves...

Bowser and DK still have generic grunts and noises (as well as Diddy), but the koopalings and Bowser Jr. got their official voices.
To be fair, Bowser and Donkey Kong had the grunts when 64 and Melee came out. Diddy doesn't even't have a voice, since he always sounds like a chimp. Bowser Jr. and the koopalings have always had their voices, so it makes sense to have them. Still one of the few who prefers these voices as well.

Him and his team still don't know how to make Dr.Mario an alt costume for Mario while the community did in Brawl.
NO, I NEED MY DOCTOR....Ok, being serious for a moment. It's been explained how he doesn't want this to happen, since he was already playable. Since people have played with him and liked his physics and such, it would be bad to include him as only a costume. That's his reasoning anyway.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sometimes, I do wish he had the competitive community in mind during development since they tend to keep playing once the more (for lack of better term) casual players get bored.
Smash 4 is the poor attempt to make a "competitive game for casuals".
It's like, they tried to make it better than Brawl with combos, buffs and nerfs, For Glory and all of that stuff.
But at the same time, they needed to appeal to the "casuals" by adding horrible stuff like "Smash Tour" or just the gameplay that is easy enough for a beginner to take it on.

For me, Project M is the best way of having a "competitive smash" that still has some casual stuff in it (thanks brawl). Just my opinion.
The same can be said of the crybabay community

"I found the community awesome ! Keep crying babies, it makes the game progress. But don't forget about me. Afterall, I am the one who was responsible for the Diddy nerf."
Thanks to our favorite scarf man, the community keeps getting more childish every day.

D

Deleted member

Didn't the-one-that-shall-not-be-named complain about that? I agree nonetheless. Consisitency should be implemented on these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom