• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

....no?

I mean check the numebr of time I post the :) smiley and btw, the P symbol expresses that too (and another thing).
I only said that to end this "pessimistic" thing he's been building up lately.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Hey, good point. The only thing that could possibly explain it is Luigi's personality. Between Melee and Brawl, Luigi finally became something that wasn't just 2nd Mario. He became more cowardly and the quirkiness in his voice reflects that. Just as a question, had their been any other game where Luigi sounded just like a higher pitched Mario? It might just be because Luigi had NEVER sounded like that. Again, at least Bowser and Donkey Kong had this excuse at first.

For the point on Dr.Mario, he was just one of the 6 clones chosen. Easy to make and include. They needed at least a few things to change him up, and this was one of the few ways. But hey that's just speculation :p
Some games on the N64 had Luigi with a high pitched voice like in Smash 64/Melee. Mario Party 1 and 2. The Japanese version of Mario Kart 64 (I think). The aforementioned Smash 64.

Uhh.. That's all I can think of actually. Is there any I missed?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Some games on the N64 had Luigi with a high pitched voice like in Smash 64/Melee. Mario Party 1 and 2. The Japanese version of Mario Kart 64 (I think). The aforementioned Smash 64.

Uhh.. That's all I can think of actually. Is there any I missed?
Super Circuit, as @ Space Stranger Space Stranger already mentioned before.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Actually he doesn't outsmart them. He resists them.
TAKE THAT!
The phrase "faster than a speeding bullet" doesn't ring a bell? :p
Well, he can outRUN a bullet, but can he outsmart a bullet. That's the question.
He's Superman, he was designed to be OP as ****.

A wittle bullet won't make him flinch.

D

Deleted member

Japanese Mario Kart 64 has the normal voice we all know and love.
International Mario Kart 64 features the high-pitched voice.

:4luigi:

Last edited by a moderator:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Japanese Mario Kart 64 has the normal voice we all know and love.
International Mario Kart 64 features the high-pitched voice.
Nah... Mario Kart 64 had the signature deep voice when I played it. I think the Japanese version used the high-pitched one, but I don't remember for certain. I'ma look that up on YooToob.

D

Deleted member

Nah... Mario Kart 64 had the signature deep voice when I played it. I think the Japanese version used the high-pitched one, but I don't remember for certain. I'ma look that up on YooToob.
You're right. My bad. lol

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
In the N64 era, Luigi never had his proper voice we know today.
And Melee was developped at the same time with Luigi's Mansion, the game where he had his voice we all know today.
So I guess Sakurai just used a "high pitched Mario voice" just because he wasn't sure of his official voice I guess.
But even with that, they still needed to change the voice of Bowser and DK to their official ones with Brawl. They had no excuse except the poor "oh, it's just to have consistency".
Yeah, it mostly does have to do with consistency. Interesting to note, I've noticed Sakurai never changes voices unless it involves move changes and the like. It's why Ness, Lucario, Charizard, Pit, Roy, Kirby, and Sonic have new voices: It's either been because they got a new move, (Ness, Lucario, Charizard, Kirby, Pit) Files were unable to be used, (Roy) or legal stuff since the previous voice actor doesn't voice the character right now (Sonic). This all ends up being toss up on whether the consistency is good or just taken to far.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
my mom and i just created a crime against curry.
she used WAY too much curry powder. the result was... unpleasant.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
"D'oh, I missed" master race.
Fun fact : "Oh my god !" is banned for the taunt messages on Wii U (and probably 3DS).
I wanted to use it as a "Joseph Joestar" reference, but the game said it was "innapropriate".
Nintendo is too scared to offend someone with the word "God" I guess. And since a long time.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
One last time, say it with me, everyone!

Designing. For. Casual. And. Hardcore. Players. Is. Not. Mutually. Exclusive.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Fun fact : "Oh my god !" is banned for the taunt messages on Wii U (and probably 3DS).
I wanted to use it as a "Joseph Joestar" reference, but the game said it was "innapropriate".
Nintendo is too scared to offend someone with the word "God" I guess. And since a long time.
GOD IS PROFANE, PAGAN RUBBISH. TRUE SMASH BROS FANS WORSHIP PALUTENA.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Nintendo worship their own god.

The one and only.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
One last time, say it with me, everyone!

Designing. For. Casual. And. Hardcore. Players. Is. Not. Mutually. Exclusive.

Sakurai needs to understand this.

He doesn't want to because "he's the daddy here, so he knows what's best.".

Soul.

Casuals wouldn't care much if the game was balanced around competitive **** but I honestly don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom