• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Oh I know. If you want to watch an anime for the first time, watch Naruto and Sonic X.
...I didn't say that, did I?

T

Trick or Treat

I disagree. lol

You should start with something in the middle-road. Something that isn't terrible, but that isn't utterly fantastic like FMA Brotherhood or Code Geass.

Some of my recommendations would be stuff like Assassination Classroom, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Owari no Seraph or World Trigger. Those have action, some comedy, start out slow and take their time to introduce the characters and setting before going into the main ride, getting more serious and developing the storyline and characters.

They're all shounen and are good ways to get into manga and anime.

Then you can get into the to the likes of FMA Brotherhood, Code Geass, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan or Death Note.

This is my opinion, though.
Is Kill la Kill really that good? I knew it was well liked, but to put it up there with FMA:B and Death Note (and AoT to an extent) is a little unexpected. I can't say anything because I haven't watched it, I'm just stating that I never realized it was THAT good.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is Kill la Kill really that good? I knew it was well liked, but to put it up there with FMA:B and Death Note (and AoT to an extent) is a little unexpected. I can't say anything because I haven't watched it, I'm just stating that I never realized it was THAT good.
Kill la Kill isn't amazing in story, but it's definitely is not for starters because of how zany and fast-paced it is.

Not to mention the fanservice. lol

It's definitely not in the same level as FMA:B or Death Note in regards to story. That, I very much agree with.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Those "DO IT" parodies are my jam.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Kill la Kill isn't amazing in story, but it's definitely is not for starters because of how zany and fast-paced it is.

Not to mention the fanservice. lol

It's definitely not in the same level as FMA:B or Death Note in regards to story. That, I very much agree with.
Meh, Kill la Kill is all right. The ending was rushed though, and the OVA afterwards wasn't really "exciting".
It's good, it has good references (Hokuto no Ken and JoJo), excellent animations but not a great story.

It's good I guess. Not the "anime" of the century, but it's still nice to watch.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I had weird dreams again lol

Hello humans, what I missed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Meh, Kill la Kill is all right. The ending was rushed though, and the OVA afterwards wasn't really "exciting".
It's good, it has good references (Hokuto no Ken and JoJo), excellent animations but not a great story.

It's good I guess. Not the "anime" of the century, but it's still nice to watch.
Exactly what I'm saying. It isn't amazing in regards to the story.

It's good, but it's not a brilliantly written story or anything, but that isn't the appeal in the first place.

It's the kind of anime that is so absurd, it's enjoyable in its own way. It parodies a lot of common anime tropes and it's pretty much a satire of anime clichés overall.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Baka no Pepe: Animeme of the century

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ken looks the best he ever did. And the more they try to make him less of a red Ryu, the better.
Waait! I have see a trailer "leak" on Maximilian channel. (who is pretty happy by the way) And he look way better that the image that i see. But man, THAT face tough! (On the image)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My first anime was Lucky Star and it completely sucked me into comedies. Lol.

I also learnt anime basics from there - the big companies, voice actors, other big animes, generic anime character archetypes, etc, with a little help from TV Tropes. :p

:231:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Waait! I have see a trailer "leak" on Maximilian channel. (who is pretty happy by the way) And he look way better that the image that i see. But man, THAT face tough! (On the image)
Wanna see the trailer for it ?
Ken Master is far from his old self now. And it's good.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still on the topic of anime and manga, another amazing series is Parasyte. A must watch/read for any anime/manga fan.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Jesus! Did you at least have insulin with you? That high of a blood sugar is not healthy.
Now that you mention it, my addiction to cute and sugary stuff, as well as appreciation of snark can trace it's beginning to there. Yep, I'm a diabetic. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't be surprised if the character Nui Harime from Kill la Kill was a subtle jab at the moe stuff that is so prevalent in anime nowadays.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
My first anime was Lucky Star and it completely sucked into comedies. Lol.

I also learnt anime basics from there - the big companies, voice actors, other big animes, generic anime character archetypes, etc, with a little help from TV Tropes. :p

My first anime was Bleach. For a year or so, it was the only one I watched, and I got so sucked into it thinking it was the best thing ever. It actually had a good suspense plot going through the first 3 arcs, and it got better when the Soul Society arc started when new shinigamis were introduced with all their crazy zakpakuto superpowers. I was a sucker waiting to see them all in action.

It's aged and nowhere near as good as I used to believe, but I still have the first 3 arcs in boxsets.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My first anime was Bleach. For a year or so, it was the only one I watched, and I got so sucked into it thinking it was the best thing ever. It actually had a good suspense plot going through the first 3 arcs, and it got better when the Soul Society arc started when new shinigamis were introduced with all their crazy zakpakuto superpowers. I was a sucker waiting to see them all in action.

It's aged and nowhere near as good as I used to believe, but I still have the first 3 arcs in boxsets.
I saw the word soul and immediately thought of Soul Eater
Je ne l'ai pas joué comme Lucina dans Super Smash Bros depuis que je suis descendu pour l'été Bream
huh?

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Je ne l'ai pas joué comme Lucina dans Super Smash Bros depuis que je suis descendu pour l'été Bream
I'm gonna use one of your favorite gifs as a reaction...
1d2.gif

Please, don't "speak" french out of nowhere for nothing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I saw the word soul and immediately thought of a pessimistic pikachu.

Soul Eater is miles better in comparison. ^_^
Soul Eater is what got me into the anime/manga craze. lol

The manga, especially. The anime was good until they diverged from the manga and pulled a rushed ending.

Soul.

I saw the word soul and immediately thought of a pessimistic pikachu.
I didn't know I had the ability to believe that the worst will happen. Y'all should stop with that nonsense.
I say something and, oh wait that's believing in the worst. Clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom