• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Don't forget the Unova League, where Ash lost to a kid who thought only seven badges were required to enter, thought the League was in Johto and thought you could only have five Pokémon with you. Yes, Ash lost to someone with only five Pokémon.

If amyone here is caught up in X/Y, can you tell me if it is any better than B/W? D:
I have only seen one episode of it, but everything is better than B/W.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
"My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ... Looks like it's beyond the power of your imagination."

You made me do it. :4pacman:I went to Bulbapedia and ripped this straight out. No regrets.

Also went very far to 10-year old girl designs.
Actually, this has always bothered me. Do they ever say they're 10? I think that's anime only. In the games, at least XY, you seem like a mid-teens kinda person. So the manga might not have the 10 year old rule.

I would say manga!Misty is 13 considering that's the bare minimum age at which it's normal to have sexualized clothing in Japan sorta. That's the age of consent at least.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Google Translate's Text-to Speech is comedy gold.

By changing the language you can have an English sentence read using, for example, French or Spanish pronunciation rules, It's as hilarious as it sounds. :joyful:

:231:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There was also to Decomposing Psyduck body
Still no reference about the oversexualization?
There's a page where Misty is complaining that her breasts are too small, when in Japanese version they're already big. :4pacman: Like, the ones you wouldn't think a 12-year old should have.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
There's a page where Misty is complaining that her breasts are too small, when in Japanese version they're already big. :4pacman: Like, the ones you wouldn't think a 12-year old should have.
Fanservice for people in their early teens

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, it's because Pokemon and age mix as well as oil and water.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello! I'm finally back! What do i miss?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I just realized I've never been called Star until @Envy said it.
You come up with the most cutest nicknames Envy. :starman::grin::starman:
Not low enough.

Before anyone takes this comment seriously...
It.
Was.
a.
JOKE.
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD TAKE YOUR COMMENTS SERIOUSLY?

Soul.

The DP saga was good, but like every other anime it's not perfect. Even in animation, which XY beats it (and every other Pokémon anime) in that regard. Yes, XY has good animation.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Not low enough.

Before anyone takes this comment seriously...
It.
Was.
a.
JOKE.
tbh idrc about their consent age it's okay i guess? i mean everyone at 13 knows what sex is so it's their choice. and i mean even in america if you're underage and you n ur partner wanna bang you're gonna do it anyway like who's gonna catch you and then call the cops who i'm totally sure will care greatly

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Pokémon anime suffers from the same problems as every other series that runs forever and doesn't really have a solid story direction. When a series runs for too long, it often tends to become trite and uninteresting.

There are exceptions to this, of course.

Ooh god grooosss
It's the truth, though.

D

Deleted member

I can't say much about the Pokémon anime. Is there anything I can add to the conversation?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's 16 now, actually. But that has been only the case for two years now. Before 2013 it was 13 indeed, 14 for marriage. Still too young, though.
That's good to hear. 14 for marriage though, what's the rush?

:231:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh sick my pizza is here.
Be back soon, going to devour top tier food along with churros. :4dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom