• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It was one of the horn attacks IIRC, though it could've been Horn Drill.

Having said that though, it later beat a Jolteon with Thunderbolt, which would be impossible unless it was horribly overleveled.
Actually, it still wouldn't. As Jolteon has Volt Absorb.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Personally I don't blame Ash for that. I mean, when you're always forced to go up against conveniently overpowered Marty Stus that have as much personality as a plank of wood, why bother at that point?
What's the point in being Champion if you're just going to move to some other foreign land in the first place? :4pacman:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I still firmly believe they'll do a Mega Pikachu before Mega Raichu. Sure, it's always been the final evolution, but with all the things they do for the little rodent, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Personally I don't blame Ash for that. I mean, when you're always forced to go up against conveniently overpowered Marty Stus that have as much personality as a plank of wood, why bother at that point?
Raichu has been slowly thrown to the sidelines by The Pokemon Company :(

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Horn Drill is normal, and Victreebel can be damaged by normal attacks

And the Rhyhorn beat a Jolteon? or the Victreebel beat it?
Plus Victreebel is a plant a Rhyhorn us a rock-rhino it should be impaling Victreebel

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Yeah but in the anime it's always because the trainer knows some uber-tactic that Ash will forget the next episode, not just brute force
This is why I loved the DP saga so much. He actually learns and forms strategies, and those stick around through the entire saga.

Then he forgets everything in Black and White and Pikachu loses to a Snivy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And yet Mega Evolutions also exist.
because the anime was meant to show off mega evolutions also

It is still gen 1 though
Plus Victreebel is a plant a Rhyhorn us a rock-rhino it should be impaling Victreebel
Not going to lie... I would pay to watch a Pokemon anime where a hyperbeam ****ing wrecks a pokemon to non seeable pieces

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This is why I loved the DP saga so much. He actually learns and forms strategies, and those stick around through the entire saga.

To be fair, that was a tough Snivy. Them level fives man, truly a foe to fear.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
because the anime was meant to show off mega evolutions also

It is still gen 1 though

Not going to lie... I would pay to watch a Pokemon anime where a hyperbeam ****ing wrecks a pokemon to non seeable pieces
Isn't the manga particularly brutal with that kinda stuff?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mega Charizard would still be considered a Gen 1 Pokemon because it isn't a new Pokemon altogether. It's a form.

Origins still Origins. :4tlink:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Eh, how bad could it be? Unless it so horrible that it grates you, I can stomach it.

:231:
As @ Arcanir Arcanir stated, the dub is overall good.

Satsuki isn't THAT bad either, but the voice actress doesn't have quite the same impact during the speeches. Sounds a bit forced.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
am i the only one that thought Ash losing the tournament thing in D/P was stupid? like after the big infernape/electivire fight, he lost to that dude with all the random legendaries?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Hai Envy. :)
Yeah, that was painful to watch. I mean, COME ON Ash and Pika. The fact that they're struggling against Pokemon every first episode is silly.
View attachment 60860

Wow, 5 pages aleady in only a few hours
Why be surprised?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
am i the only one that thought Ash losing the tournament thing in D/P was stupid? like after the big infernape/electivire fight, he lost to that dude with all the random legendaries?
The producers wanted the anime to keep ongoing, so they decided to pull that Darkrai out of their ***es.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just want to know how that man was able to sneak a Darkrai and a Heatran in and no one gave a crap. I want his story.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm just waiting for the finale where Ash finally beats the Champion and either evolves Pikachu or gives him up or something.
Btw, how many Pokemon has Ash caught throughout the entire anime series?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I haven't played Pokemon in months and I still know my ****. Wow.

I still have the game, but I just don't play it. I dunno, maybe I'll hop back on one day. *shrugs*

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's why Charizard can Mega Evolve, right?

:094:
"My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ... Looks like it's beyond the power of your imagination."

You made me do it. :4pacman:I went to Bulbapedia and ripped this straight out. No regrets.

Isn't the manga particularly brutal with that kinda stuff?
Also went very far to 10-year old girl designs.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Horn Drill is normal, and Victreebel can be damaged by normal attacks

And the Rhyhorn beat a Jolteon? or the Victreebel beat it?
Actually, it still wouldn't. As Jolteon has Volt Absorb.
I should've clarified, Victreebel had the type advantage over Rhyhorn and even used Razor Leaf, Rhyhorn still beat it down. I was just saying that was the move it used. Type advantage mattered little in that regard, and Origins was inconsistent about it in general considering you could have Hitmonlee beat (well, tie with) a Rock type, and then Charizard beat down Blastoise with two Fire attacks.

As for the second point, I was talking about the Rhyhorn beating Jolteon, which even ignoring abilities (which Origins was inconsistent about), it shouldn't have happened since Rhyhorn has terrible Sp. Atk and Jolteon resists it.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

This was the only real problem I had with D/P. I absolutely loved everything else about the saga, and then it all leads to him losing to that guy with legendaries out of nowhere, who is never heard from again.

Hai Envy. :)
Yeah, that was painful to watch. I mean, COME ON Ash and Pika. The fact that they're struggling against Pokemon every first episode is silly.

Why be surprised?
Heyyy Star! How are you? :)

And yeah, it was pretty sad. He goes from being an actually competent trainer in D/P making smart moves and his Pokemon getting development...to B/W where he loses to a Snivy and brings unevolved starters to the Pokemon League.

If amyone here is caught up in X/Y, can you tell me if it is any better than B/W? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom