• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
That's good to hear. 14 for marriage though, what's the rush?

:231:
I'd imagine if that many 14 year olds were getting married there'd be a very high divorce rate

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
yeeeah but i got so many pay-back smacks, the pain wasn't TOO bad.
apparently ganon's up-tilt cant handle the fox :4fox:.
You were really great with Fox.

Should have picked up a faster character, though it's not impossible for Ganon to beat Fox. Just very hard and you need to be opportunistic, which sums up how you should play as Ganondorf.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd imagine if that many 14 year olds were getting married there'd be a very high divorce rate
I saw you hanging out with Suzy at the park! I want a divorce! :4robinf:

My guess is parents want grandchildren asap
At 14? That's way too early. :4charizard:

Should have picked up a faster character, though it's not impossible for Ganon to beat Fox. Just very hard and you need to be opportunistic, which sums up how you should play as Ganondorf.
U-Tilting at the Ledge?
Nah, Guard Breaker :4littlemac: has got this in the bag.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

thanks, he was my old main, but i always kinda struggled with him. i think taking a break from him though helped, maaaaybe...

i used to main Ganon too. its so very difficult to deal with those rushdown characters. sheik was always my main issue though. those darn needles ruining my up-tilt set ups :evil:.

thats being said, you did good with ganon, edgelord dark pit, and lucina i think. not to say your other characters were bad of course.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I stopped caring about the Pokemon anime after Brock left.

No matter how hard they try, this man can not be replaced.

Also gen 5 sucked anyways so

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Biggest complaint about FE: Awakening is that the entire plot could've been avoided had they just killed the villains while they were monologuing 4 feet in front of them

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If you want to take baby steps into anime (particularly shonen) watching, Pokémon is a good start, imo.

There are better anime than those (and shounen too).

Because I judge anime by compelling storielines, Pokémon is one of the absolute worst in that regard. Lots of inconsistency and many issues caused by the series running for far too long.

The Pokémon Adventures manga does a better job by replacing the protagonists and actually has them progress and grow as characters.

Whereas the anime has the reset button pressed every season. lol

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
So I went to eat at the usual place, and I usually doodle in the napkins to pass the time.

The waiter comes up to me with a pen and asks me if I could draw something for him, telling me he's been collecting all of the drawings I've made.

It warmed my heart like you have no idea when I saw him showing the doodle to his coworker, his joy was contagious haha. :,)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I went to eat at the usual place, and I usually doodle in the napkins to pass the time.

The waiter comes up to me with a pen and asks me if I could draw something for him, telling me he's been collecting all of the drawings I've made.

It warmed my heart like you have no idea when I saw him showing the doodle to his coworker :,)
Wish someone cared about my **** like that

but I'm a failure at drawing and have no skills so pff

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
oh well im out for awhile thread.
enjoy your pokemons.
i miss when pokemon was simple and didnt have 700-something pokemon, even if some of my favorites are from later gens.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ken confirmed for Street Fighter V.

Why did people think Ryu's Shoto cousin wasn't going to be in.

He looks radically different though. It doesn't even look like his face.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

It warmed my heart like you have no idea when I saw him showing the doodle to his coworker :,)
Hehe, that's dedication right there. Your drawings must have been really impressive considering they've been done on napkins over a short time lapse.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506

Yeah being repeatedly punched in the face for 20 or so years will do that to you

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Hehe, that's dedication right there. Your drawings must have been really impressive considering they've been done on napkins over a short time lapse.
They're pretty simple doodles, you can't really get detailed on napkins, lest they break on you.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I change my avatar to something happy!...Because i'm actually very tired. We walk all the day and it's very late for me now. I hope to have moment for me the next day. Because this first where like no-stop walking! Also since i'm tired, i will don't do the profil of Zelax like yesterday. "sigh" Hope to write and do draw too. Also the Circle pad of my 3DS will soon die i think. I have to transfer all the data on my new 3DS soon i think. But i don't know why. I will have problem for sure. Brief it was my day

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I just realized I've never been called Star until @Envy said it.
You come up with the most cutest nicknames Envy. :starman::grin::starman:

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD TAKE YOUR COMMENTS SERIOUSLY?
Wha-?! Is it really that cute? I just like giving nicknames to people...and I liked Star.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There are better anime than those (and shounen too).

Because I judge anime by compelling storielines, Pokémon is one of the absolute worst in that regard. Lots of inconsistency and many issues caused by the series running for far too long.

The Pokémon Adventures manga does a better job by replacing the protagonists and actually has them progress and grow as characters.

Whereas the anime has the reset button pressed every season. lol
That's why I called it a baby step. You can just watch it without thinking too much about it. Just to ease you in ito the genre.

Of course, I'm fully aware of the sub-standard plot and characterisations, and that there are far, far better animes out there. :p I personally feel you should have some idea of the lowest common denominator before you move on to cream of the top.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's why I called it a baby step. You can just watch it without thinking too much about it. Just to ease you in ito the genre.

Of course, I'm fully aware of the sub-standard plot and characterisations, and that there are far, far better animes out there. :p I personally feel you should have some idea of the lowest common denominator before you move on to cram of the top.

Well in that case maybe it'd be better to start with DBZ.
Sure it's doesn't have the greatest story, the most interesting of characters, and I doubt I'll become a better man after watching it, but at least it's entertaining. And Goku is more tolerable than Ash.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well in that case maybe it'd be better to start with DBZ.
Sure it's doesn't have the greatest story, the most interesting of characters, and I doubt I'll become a better man after watching it, but at least it's entertaining. And Goku is more tolerable than Ash.
Well, Pokémon does have the advantage that you're already familiar with the source material.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

....WTF THAT THEY DID TO YOU KEN?!?! No, seriously, this isn't Ken for me! It's his evil clone right? Well i will see Maximilian reaction about that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Of course, I'm fully aware of the sub-standard plot and characterisations, and that there are far, far better animes out there. :p I personally feel you should have some idea of the lowest common denominator before you move on to cram of the top.

I disagree. lol

You should start with something in the middle-road. Something that isn't terrible, but that isn't utterly fantastic like FMA Brotherhood or Code Geass.

Some of my recommendations would be stuff like Assassination Classroom, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Owari no Seraph or World Trigger. Those have action, some comedy, start out slow and take their time to introduce the characters and setting before going into the main ride, getting more serious and developing the storyline and characters.

They're all shounen and are good ways to get into manga and anime.

Then you can get into the likes of FMA Brotherhood, Code Geass, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan or Death Note.

This is my opinion, though.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Well, Pokémon does have the advantage that you're already familiar with the source material.

I doubt there are many people considering getting inti anime who don't already know about DBZ and roughly how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom