• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yo what are we talking about today?
Hello thread.

What'd I miss?
A house just exploded in my world. You see, in my world, coincidences cause explosions. The bigger the coincidence, the bigger the explosion.

Anyway..... I'm watching Pewdiepie play Catherine right now. It's a surprisingly good game. I might just watch another guy play it at some point because, well, we all know Pewds is gonna make a really stupid decision that'll makes us cringe so hard we'll have to stop watching. Well, that's just me. I don't know how you guys handle this stuff.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, I may not be here for the next couple days, as I'm going up to Michigan for a family event. So if you see a distinct lack of raving madmen foaming at the mouth, that's why.
On the bright side, I may be able to stop procrastinate and catch up on anime. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey Guys.
Still sad over that 626666665 get.

What's going on? :4dk:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
How come in the Pokemon anime you either barely win or get rekt there's no middle ground

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I really need to control my temper. As much as I want to say "oh, how I want to smash Omni's smug Melee-worshipping prick face into a brick wall", I have to remember that it's just a game. Even if he IS an asshole about it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How come in the Pokemon anime you either barely win or get rekt there's no middle ground
How come in the mainstream Pokemon anime, you're main goal is not to catch them all? :4dk:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Technically I don't watch anything on TV either, other than news. Anime is watched solely through my laptop. :upsidedown:

:231:
Technically you're watching a show that was broadcasted on television. :upsidedown:

Pokémon Origins is what the anime should have been....
I would've liked to see what happened during the time he just stood on top of the mountain for 3 years. :4pacman:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*chanting*
What do we want?
Competent trainers
When do we want 'em?
15 years ago
But why bother with competency when we can pull a Deus Ex Machina out our ass and save everyone the trouble?
That my friend is good storytelling.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Thats where Pokemon Origins comes in
Um...

Yeah, about that...

Pokémon Origins is what the anime should have been....
To be honest, Origins has pretty much the same problems as the regular anime does. It overuses one particular Pokémon over the others, ignores typing as much as it pays attention to it, has moments of "show, don't tell (actually, it's arguably worse in that regard)," and falls into the same traps of marketing. It is better from the perspective of being closer to the games, but it wasn't a huge step up from it in other areas, especially considering how much it had to stuff in for the four episode format to work.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Man, I wanna play Project M so badly, but I can't because there's no pal version at the moment.
tumblr_n00d4yNNtb1sgcwiqo1_500.gif

I wanna fail really hard at doing the advanced techniques for movement, y'know.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
And Ash still remains a 10 year old after all these apparent years. :seuss:
I choose to believe the narratoe was just wrong in saying that and Ash is actually 14-15
But why bother with competency when we can pull a Deus Ex Machina out our *** and save everyone the trouble?
That my friend is good storytelling.
Except when you're at the Elite Four or the Champion
You will *always* lose and then leave and never try again

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think I'm going to retire Elsa for a Toy Story character.

No, I won't change the text color and it won't be either Woody or Buzz.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I dont even know what move that is
It was one of the horn attacks IIRC, though it could've been Horn Drill.

Having said that though, it later beat a Jolteon with Thunderbolt, which would be impossible unless it was horribly overleveled.

Don't bother. The dub voice for Satsuki is kinda bad.
I personally disagree, I wouldn't say she's great, but she does a decent enough job. The rest of the dub is really good though, especially when it gets to the humor.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mega Raichu would probably be **** anyways. :4ganondorf:

Just give it Prankster and call it a day, Gamefreak.
I still firmly believe they'll do a Mega Pikachu before Mega Raichu. Sure, it's always been the final evolution, but with all the things they do for the little rodent, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Except when you're at the Elite Four or the Champion
You will *always* lose and then leave and never try again
Personally I don't blame Ash for that. I mean, when you're always forced to go up against conveniently overpowered Marty Stus that have as much personality as a plank of wood, why bother at that point?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It was one of the horn attacks IIRC, though it could've been Horn Drill.

Having said that though, it later beat a Jolteon with Thunderbolt, which would be impossible unless it was horribly overleveled.
Horn Drill is normal, and Victreebel can be damaged by normal attacks

And the Rhyhorn beat a Jolteon? or the Victreebel beat it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom