• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The ESRB leak, man, the worst time for the speculation guys. Bile, hatred, flames, tears everywhere with pockets of rejoicing.

Hoo boy. If there was ever a bad time to be a moderator, it was then.

:231:

D

Deleted member

But isn't IRC an outdated method of communication? It's been declining for years now. It's not really my cup of tea, but if you want, go ahead and make one. I'd strongly prefer a shoutbox feature similar to the one found in sister site Squidboards over IRC.

And update the XenForo theme this site uses. And logo. And make it flat.. or even flatter.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm not gonna lie I was kinda salty because I thought Duck Hunt didn't fit and thought it was odd that Doc was back
Like, DHD came out of nowhere o.o
no Lucas jokes, plsirino
Only until I saw actual footage.

I'm dealing with the legitimacy of the leak just fine by not purchasing Ryu. I'll only pay for actual Nintendo characters unless the character's company doesn't have a representative yet.
LMAO what
then you shouldn't have bought Roy, Lucas or Mewtwo
or Krystal if she is ever revealed
flawless logic

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm dealing with the legitimacy of the leak just fine by not purchasing Ryu. I'll only pay for actual Nintendo characters unless the character's company doesn't have a representative yet.
You'll purchase him eventually. Just you wait.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

As expected from you, puny mortal.

What a nonsensical reason to reject a character. :demon:

(PS. Ah, yes. Lelouch's evil laugh will be a great forum tool for me to use, in addition to the Ganondorf and Kira evil laughs. Code Geass is amazing.

Oh, and if he sounds familiar to you, it's because he's voiced by the same voice actor as :4feroy:.)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I found that funny about Ryu. I used to think it didn't make sense to put him in, and now he's the most used DLC character I have (even if I hate the command imputs).
Still waiting on Pichu though.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Why are you so fond of embarrassing yourself... >_>

While it's up to you to play a character or not, it's nonsensical to limit your enjoyment.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Didn't you hear? Diddy bulked up for the new game! Some say he trained with the great Ike himself.
Ike needs to toss some of those quality of life buffs to the rest of the cast
Every patch he's received a buff
I thought he was solid mid-20 before patch 1
But now he can auto cancel all his aerials, auto cancel Quick Draw, got his Dtilt and Fair sped up, and chain attacks together with every throw except BThrow
Guys a damn blitzkrieg
He's Sheik minus the Needles and Bouncing Fish plus a hundred pounds of testosterone
: ^ )
I should pick up Ike

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
no, the ESRB leak was one of Smashboards' greats; it was a good time to be in the site, for speculah and non-speculah users alike.

what
Master0fHyrule made a video about Greninja's taunt kill percentage from higher -> lower percents. Diddy was KO'd at a higher percentage than her.

D

Deleted member

Master0fHyrule made a video about Greninja's taunt kill percentage from higher -> lower percents. Diddy was KO'd at a higher percentage than her.
Yeah, that would be as a result of falling speed. Samus is easier to kill vertically due to being floaty.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can't do input Shoryuken to save my life. Literally. I will always die if I try to use it as a recovery. I can do everything else just fine though.
It's not that I have an issue with (though that and Shakunetsu Hadoken are absolute Hell for me to do). It's that there have been times where I wanted to do one move, but ended up doing a Hakoden or Tatsumaki Senpukyaku when all I wanted to do was F-Air. Mostly on ledges.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Ike needs to toss some of those quality of life buffs to the rest of the cast
Every patch he's received a buff
I thought he was solid mid-20 before patch 1
But now he can auto cancel all his aerials, auto cancel Quick Draw, got his Dtilt and Fair sped up, and chain attacks together with every throw except BThrow
Guys a damn blitzkrieg
He's Sheik minus the Needles and Bouncing Fish plus a hundred pounds of testosterone
: ^ )
I should pick up Ike
Ike is so underrated in this game. He's practically eons better than his Brawl incarnation, but I don't see many that use him. He even has a d-tilt that works like Roy's Melee d-tilt! It didn't do that at first. I'm not exactly the guy to main him, though, but I can acknowledge what Ike has.

With each patch, Ike will slowly become the best character in the game. :4myfriends:
And yeah, some other characters still need a lot of buffs too.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It's not that I have an issue with (though that and Shakunetsu Hadoken are absolute Hell for me to do). It's that there have been times where I wanted to do one move, but ended up doing a Hakoden or Tatsumaki Senpukyaku when all I wanted to do was F-Air. Mostly on ledges.
You're gonna have to use the Cstick with Ryu if you don't want to accidentally input a different attack.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
No shoutbox pls. Kthxbye.

The ESRB leak, man, the worst time for the speculation guys. Bile, hatred, flames, tears everywhere with pockets of rejoicing.

Hoo boy. If there was ever a bad time to be a moderator, it was then.

I know that feeling. I tried to stay as far away from anywhere that had prominent Smash speculation as possible.

:094:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
annnd im home with asian junkfood, including baked squid, which is...pretty weird. also dried seaweed strip things annnd shrimp crackers. pretty decent stuff.

whatttts happening here?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I can't do input Shoryuken to save my life. Literally. I will always die if I try to use it as a recovery. I can do everything else just fine though.
Thank you for reminding me that there are so many people this bad at fighting games.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
annnd im home with asian junkfood, including baked squid, which is...pretty weird. also dried seaweed strip things annnd shrimp crackers. pretty decent stuff.

whatttts happening here?
We're reminiscing about old times it seems. And some general Smash talk.

And that's what Asian junkfood is? Doesn't sound very junky to me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh, wow, the 3DS version has been released for almost a year now and I had no idea about that. Shows how much I play with Greninja. :laugh:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You sound salty as all hell

Just say you dont like Street Fighter and get it over with
Searching a voice actor's name almost always results in your mind being blown.
Like the great god Johnny Yong Bosch

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Oh, wow, the 3DS version has been released for almost a year now and I had no idea about that. Shows how much I play with Greninja. :laugh:
Wasn't it released on October? It's still 3 months early.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thank you for reminding me that there are so many people this bad at fighting games.
My game plan in most traditional fighters is to pick the character with the fastest, most abusable special move, and spam it over and over. In MKX though, my strategy is pick Ermac, EX teleport, do one combo, grab, uppercut, repeat.

I'm so bad, and I love it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Full disclosure, I didn't know it did anything period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom