• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

PlayStation and Xbox fanboys think it's the other way around. Graphics > gameplay following their pitiful logic. Sad, but true. How the mighty have fallen. This is your average gamer today.
I always thought the Xbox fanboys and fangirls were the ones defending the Xbone for being slightly less powerful than the PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Every fanbase is ****.
Gameplay is far more important than staring at visuals.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No, I don't. I said I was losing hype for this game before the graphical downgrade. And to be fair, the graphical downgrade doesn't help. Have you listened to its OST? It's nowhere near the masterpiece that Xenoblade Chronicles was. The artstyle also isn't very appealing. And it simply looks way more complex than the original, so much so that I don't think it'll be fun.
What did you expect from a game that since the beginning had a different premise, was revealed to have a different character designer and different music composer?

Honestly, people who were expecting Xenoblade X to be like Xenoblade, even though it had been stated it would be a very different game from the predecessor, have been setting themselves to disappointment.

Anyway if you really don't like the game, then don't buy it. It's that simple.

PlayStation and Xbox fanboys think it's the other way around. Graphics > gameplay following their pitiful logic. Sad, but true. How the mighty have fallen. This is your average gamer today.
Unfortunately enough.

I'd rather play a 80's game with 8-bit graphics but that is fun and has good gameplay than a game of this century with HD graphics but with bad gameplay.

Gameplay is the most important thing in a game. The rest complement it.

I'm not condemning the evolution of graphics. Good graphics can make the game look appealing, but they aren't the most important thing. Same goes for music and such.

And Xenoblade X doesn't look too bad. It was a slight graphical downgrade perhaps to make it run smoothly or something like it.
It's not even a significant downgrade either. Just toned down lighting and little more.

Like that is going to ruin the game. :rolleyes:

Every fanbase is ****.
Gameplay is far more important than staring at visuals.
As @Flight would put it: agreed x9000.

桜井 政博

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SakuraiMasahiroA

And Xenoblade X doesn't look too bad. It was a slight graphical downgrade perhaps to make it run smoothly or something like it.
Playstation fans are not like that. They are more civilize like Nintendo fans. It's the Xbone fan that make Playstation fans look bad.
Every fanbase is ****.
Does that include the Pewdiepie fanbase?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Playstation fans are not like that. They are more civilize like Nintendo fans. It's the Xbone fan that make Playstation fans look bad.

Who watches PewDiePie aside from lil' kiddies? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Mr. Smash, when I say "every fanbase" I mean every. PewDiePie's fanbase is on a whole new level of stupid.
Look at The Order: 1886. Ouch.
When your game has good graphics and is lacking in gameplay... we have a problem there.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Gameplay is the most important thing in a game, but I won't deny that the rest help compliment it.

Priority, however, should be the gameplay. If Xenoblade X had to downgrade the graphics to run better, thus benefiting gameplay, then it's the right design choice. They're making a game, not an animated movie, so they set the priorities on the gameplay.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately enough.

I'd rather play a 80's game with 8-bit graphics but that is fun and has good gameplay than a game of this century with HD graphics but with bad gameplay.

Gameplay is the most important thing in a game. The rest complement it.

I'm not condemning the evolution of graphics. Good graphics can make the game look appealing, but they aren't the most important thing. Same goes for music and such.
Yeah, me too. The fact that graphics are all the rage (apparently) these days makes me lose brain cells. I don't care if something is the most super hyper mega ultra turbo extremely realistic game of all time, I just want great gameplay.

桜井 政博

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SakuraiMasahiroA
Gameplay is the most important thing in a game, but I won't deny that the rest help compliment it.

Priority, however, should be the gameplay. If Xenoblade X had to downgrade the graphics to run better, thus benefiting gameplay, then it's the right design choice. They're making a game, not an animated movie, so they set the priorities on the gameplay.
What if it's a interactive movie?

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
if falkoopa/other mods were actual playable characters would their stage be Smashboards, and would a final smash be closing a thread?
Edit: Loucan could be the main man, and the other mods would be alt costumes.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Let me clarify. Yes, gameplay does come before graphics. When I said I was losing hype For Xenoblade X, I said the graphics were the final nail in the coffin. But before that, I thought the gameplay looked pretty meh and too complicated for its own good. If you like the gameplay that Xenoblade X offers, then by all means, to each his own.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

I will say this: Gameplay is the most important part of a game. I get that. The thing is, there does need to be a good balance of gameplay and visuals. Most people will go off of first impressions. The first thing that captures their eyes would be the graphics. This is mostly a problem with consumers, but it's the sad truth. Your game needs to have a nice visual design to look at. This is more of a prefrence thing if any, since people like retro-style graphics, while others like realistic graphics.

(Would like to point out, I know you're not saying graphics don't matter at all. This is just my perspective on the whole thing.)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
if falkoopa/other mods were actual playable characters would their stage be Smashboards, and would a final smash be closing a thread?
Edit: Loucan could be the main man, and the other mods would be alt costumes.
Didn't we talk about a Social Thread Smash Bros. like two threads ago?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Let me clarify. Yes, gameplay does come before graphics. When I said I was losing hype For Xenoblade X, I said the graphics were the final nail in the coffin. But before that, I thought the gameplay looked pretty meh and too complicated for its own good. If you like the gameplay that Xenoblade X offers, then by all means, to each his own.
How can you judge a game for it game play from a game you haven't even played? The game play from all the videos I seen looks the same or a improvement from the first Xenoblade, I don't see how it's different from Xenoblade.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized that I'll be spending $19.19 on the eShop this week.

Then there's Splatoon next month (still deciding if I'm getting the game physical or digital), Then :4lucas:, then E3...

Oh jeez!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah, I think I'll wait until I am in a more stable situation IRL. My mom is already complaining about me wasting my life away. Going through three different routes in a VN will take even more time I think...
I feel ya man. Just stand up to her and tell her it's your life. If she doesn't accept it, then you'd have to get her to **** off. Pretty much why I went to college out of state: to avoid mom physically except during breaks lol

We're talking about Medusa? Best thing possible is that she becomes a DLC boss. Worst thing possible is DLC boss :troll:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
No, I don't. I said I was losing hype for this game before the graphical downgrade. And to be fair, the graphical downgrade doesn't help. Have you listened to its OST? It's nowhere near the masterpiece that Xenoblade Chronicles was. The artstyle also isn't very appealing. And it simply looks way more complex than the original, so much so that I don't think it'll be fun.
So apparently you can listen to the full game's OST before its even out.

Ok then.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
On the topic of the ballot, does anyone have the most reliable site that shows lists of how popular certain characters are?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That's exactly what I said when I saw gameplay for Xenoblade Chronicles.

And then I played it.

Then I took back what I said before.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, can anyone go to my blog to see if you can see the hey gorgeous font?

http://aldelaro5.tumblr.com/

It should look like the font in my sig :)
Not much seems to have changed and the font still looks the same from my view. Probably it's one of these things that will take an hour until it comes into effect.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Worth noting: Gamexplain analyzed an early trailer for the game and noticed that there were frequent drops in frame rate. Presumably this drop in fidelity was done in order to fix this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Worth noting: Gamexplain analyzed an early trailer for the game and noticed that there were frequent drops in frame rate. Presumably this drop in fidelity was done in order to fix this.
So it's Xenoblades Chronicles all over again?

It's to be expected since many developers would have to make a final resort when pushing the space capabilities of any game. Not like there's a problem since Xenoblade's models aged pretty well on the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom