• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

More like Reiji and Xiaomu are shoo-ins for the sequel since that's their main theme. Besides, no one can get enough of those two after they constant cameos in other Namco RPGs. :troll:

I hope we do at least get a few new characters for each side like Sonic for Sega, Taira no Kagekiyo for Namco, and Amaterasu for Capcom. Hell, Namco ought to start using their older IP's since they aren't just doing the whole "80's game trademark selling" for nothing.
I still don't know why wasn't Sonic on Project X Zone. Not even Pac-Man.
Of course they'll use the stupid Ghostly Adventures design. Pac-Man Party's Pac-Man is better because no teeth.

D

Deleted member

Photoshop loads faster on this laptop I'm currently using. Looks like picking up the Core i3 version wasn't a bad choice after all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of course they'll use the stupid Ghostly Adventures design. Pac-Man Party's Pac-Man is better because no teeth.
Probably because they wanted edgy, "anime" human characters instead of cartoony animals (Sonic) and talking blobs (Pac-Man) to be involved. The fact that Opa Opa isn't his own character is enough to prove this theory correct.

Project x Zone 2 got leaked and we're just discussing on how the game should be improved by adding more older and iconic characters.

I'm still waiting for the Bonanza Bros (and that one guy from Comix Zone) to make an appearance. 'Till then, I ain't buying.
Hell to the ****ing yes! These two would be perfect for some comical attacks like swinging their bags or even tossing stolen items at them. Plus we get to here more of their famous laugh.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
THERE WE GO, finally an exclusive worth having!
What about Gravity Rush? I heard that was decent. Tearaway was cool too from what I heard. Still, I don't know if I'd be interested in a Vita.

8-bit and Pac-Man World's Pac-Man are the only acceptable choices.

I wonder if they'll have Classic Mega Man. Though having Mega Man X again wouldn't bother me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lmao the Shadow Temple used to scare the beans out of me
I remember when I was a kid and I played someone's completed OOT file and tried to get through the Shadow Temple with muted sound.
I quit promptly after Navi says to "watch out for the shadows that hang from the ceiling" or something lol.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I wonder if they'll have Classic Mega Man. Though having Mega Man X again wouldn't bother me.
Why not have both Rock and X since it would be nice to see the blue brothers interact with each other. A Robot Master fighting the forces of evil with his Reploid brother would be enough to make any Mega Man fans foam at their mouth.

Is it wrong that I'd have Smash's incarnation of Pac-Man over that Ghostly Adventures "thing"?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Ghostly Adventures was a mistake"
[Insert a black & white photo of Pac-Man's creator with a sad face here]

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lmao the Shadow Temple used to scare the beans out of me
I'm probably a bit of an oddball in saying this, but that's one of the reason why the Shadow Temple is one of my favorite dungeons in OoT. It's creepy in a way that fits the atmosphere of where you are, a torture chamber where the bloody history of the once-thought peaceful Hylians are kept. It's a great dungeon design and while I was scared going through it, I loved that they did that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why not have both Rock and X since it would be nice to see the blue brothers interact with each other. A Robot Master fighting the forces of evil with his Reploid brother would be enough to make any Mega Man fans foam at their mouth.

Is it wrong that I'd have Smash's incarnation of Pac-Man over that Ghostly Adventures "thing"?
It'd be great to have both. But for these kinds of crossovers, usually they go for one Mega Man and then a couple of side characters. In NXC we had the main cast of MM Legends. In PXZ we had Mega Man X, Zero(aka the two Real ******) and T.Bonne. I'd like it for Bass and Vile to team up though. Classic and X would team up, and maybe someone can team up with Zero. That said, both would be too hype for me to handle. We haven't seen Mega Man .EXE in any of these crossovers, maybe he'll show up.

As for your Pac-Man question, no. There's nothing wrong for picking the real Pac-Man over his low-tier counterpart.

What I do want is for Yoshimitsu to finally show up in one of these games. It makes no damn sense for him not to be in one. Also, some Soul Calibur and Strider characters too.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Ghostly Adventures was a mistake"
[Insert a black & white photo of Pac-Man's creator with a sad face here]

Which is why he's among one of the many 80's games that are having their trademarks given to third parties for revivals this year. I mean, I can't wait to have a true Galaga sequel like the one in this image.

Plus, more @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ plz!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Which is why he's among one of the many 80's games that are having their trademarks given to third parties for revivals this year. I mean, I can't wait to have a true Galaga sequel like the one in this image.

Plus, more @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ plz!
Because it ain't Candy Crush nor CoD. As such, it has no use.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the one hand, yes to all of this. On the other, I have zero interest in Project X Zone, so...
Let's just finally convince Namco and Capcom to make the NVC game that 80% people have been wanting for years now. I don't know how that'll be done, but we could try. I mean, it'd be easier to pull off than Marvel/Tatsunoko vs Capcom I imagine.

Mega Man vs Pac-Man(for the third time)
Jin vs Ryu
Strider vs Taki
Zero vs Yoshimitsu
Steve vs Dudley
Dante vs Siegfried
And so on.....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, I want Capcom to do a crossover fighter without the "Vs." title. Just have 50 Capcom characters fighting against each other.
Considering what they did in UMvC3 with 25 slots...50 might actually be going overboard. :D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, I want Capcom to do a crossover fighter without the "Vs." title. Just have 50 Capcom characters fighting against each other.
Considering what they did in UMvC3 with 25 slots...50 might actually be going overboard. :D
Not really. Look at Smash 4. That's about 50 characters not including Miis.

If put it on the same engine as MVC3, you only need to work on 20 something more characters. It's still quit a bit of work, but less so than the original MVC3.

I mean, most people would just want Captain Commando and at least one of the Mega Men. They could add a couple of Ken-like characters who are alterations of existing fighters, thus being less intrusive than others in terms of fighting style.

But this is all on my assumptions, so I'm probably getting way a head of myself.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Been pretty slow here, needs more of THE AURA!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not really. Look at Smash 4. That's about 50 characters not including Miis.
If put it on the same engine as MVC3, you only need to work on 20 something more characters. It's still quit a bit of work, but less so than the original MVC3.
I mean, most people would just want Captain Commando and at least one of the Mega Men. They could add a couple of Ken-like characters who are alterations of existing fighters, thus being less intrusive than others in terms of fighting style.
But this is all on my assumptions, so I'm probably getting way a head of myself.
No, I meant that there might not be enough diverse Capcom characters to fill out a roster as big as MvC3.
But with similar characters that wouldn't really be an issue.
On thing is for sure though: if they were a Capcom-only fighter then Mega Man and/or X is an absolute must. Captain Commando too.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Spider-Man battling Titans in the official Marvel x Attack on Titan corssover:

11077960_367991793402566_3637985211443286196_n.jpg

Now that I have your attention, anyone knows some good PSP and PS2 emulators? I need them for like only 3 games, but still I wanna play them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No, I meant that there might not be enough diverse Capcom characters to fill out a roster as big as MvC3.
But with similar characters that wouldn't really be an issue.
On thing is for sure though: if they were a Capcom-only fighter then Mega Man and/or X is an absolute must. Captain Commando too.
Maybe. But looking at some of the characters that they could add again, it should be fine. Capcom's built quite a roster of characters over the years, hell, I'd say their only second to Nintendo.

I mean, from TVC, they could bring back Batsu, Alex, Roll, Soma and MM Volnutt(if Classic, X, and EXE aren't chosen).

Then you have other Darkstalkers/Street Fighter/Final Fight characters like Cammy, Raptor, Talbain, Dudley, Guile, Guy and Cody.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
And I thought Candy Crush's life system was bad enough.
There's a quiz game where it takes 1 hour for 1 life. You need lifes to start new games.
Yoshi.:4yoshi:

D

Deleted member

And I thought Candy Crush's life system was bad enough.
There's a quiz game where it takes 1 hour for 1 life. You need lifes to start new games.
The big question is... who would play Candy Crush to begin with?

Soul.

I don't know if they're all for putting a classic Pac-Man. They seem to use the stupid new design more.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The big question is... who would play Candy Crush to begin with?
I used to play it. I got pretty far (like level 120+ far), but I got stuck and uninstalled it out of rage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom