• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Stumbled across this picture. It's a pretty funny and cute picture (though I don't approve of High School Franziska or Miku Franziska)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hilariously destroyed Clair, my Kingdra murdered her's with a Crit Sniper Boosted Twister lol

what I missed?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Thats another way to do it I suppose, just make Link and Zelda switch places depending on your choice. I wouldnt expect much gameplay alterations but some slight script changes that shouldnt be too heavy.
Although honestly, the idea of Link being exactly the same but a woman, Zelda being a stuck-up flamboyant prince, and Ganon being a badass warlock queen is equally appealing to me.
But no, I wasn't implicating Link and Zelda "switch places". I want the damsel aspect of Zelda to be removed entirely, it cheapens the story in my opinion.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Now we're gonna feminize Ganon?
Ew, no. Keep Ganon male, plz.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Is my avatar in the right direction?
YES. I approve of Conker for Kingdom Hearts 3.
Oh wait, that's your avatar pic. Yes, I'd assume so. Edit: did you draw that yourself? That's cool!

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I hilariously destroyed Clair, my Kingdra murdered her's with a Crit Sniper Boosted Twister lol

what I missed?
I started with my fanfiction:
Ladies, gentlemen and everyone else, I present to you, the prologue of my Social Thread fanfiction:

A figure walked through the halls of an empty hall and came across a giant door. Once opened, he entered and was now in the center of what seemed to be a council of cloaked people. Those here, were the leaders of the Church. The ones that along the Mage Association, worked to prevent disasters and hide magic from the world.

“ @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard reporting” The figure presented himself by name “May I ask, why have I been called here?”

“Greetings, Spider” one of the cloaked men said “Getting to the point, a new war has started”

That flinched Spider. A new war already? That made no sense, the last time that ritual they called a war happened was 10 years ago. According to its rules, another 50 years had to pass for a new one to begin. “You want me to be the mediator” he said once he recovered his composure.

“Exactly”

“But why me?” There was one defect Spider clearly knew about himself: he was immature. He would constantly pull pranks on others, make jokes and bad puns at bad times and get angry like a child over simple things. That and he was lazy and didn’t possess the best social skills “Honestly, Sir @Warchamp7 , @ Kenith Kenith would’ve been a better option”

“Ah yes, he has more experience, but see, we chose you because of how much of a meddler you are” the cloaked man now identified as Warchamp7 continued “despite your short time as a member, many people both in the Church and the Mage Association like you and will listen to you, if there’s a disaster coming from this war, I’m sure you’ll be able to convince most Masters to cooperate” Spider registered that on his brain, it would be pressuring, but maybe he could do it “Also…” he looked up “This is part of the test to see if you can become one of us” Now he was surprised “I’ve got to admit, I was skeptical at the idea first, with how much of a troubling figure you are but @ FalKoopa FalKoopa and @ Opossum Opossum have actually talked good about you. Also you have left an impression on @--- , @IsmaR and @Venus of the Desert Bloom "

Spider directed his gaze at the two aforementioned members of the council, FalKoopa and Opossum. Out of all high ranking members of the Church, those two were the most sociable ones. He has hung out with them from time to time, he has managed to make them angry, it’d be a lie a lie to say he didn’t enjoy it, even when he was suspended he thought it was worth it. But even so, he was good comrades with them and managed to make them laugh many times. He would apologize for all the trouble he has caused when he could.

“Besides, you won’t be alone” another person he didn’t see before then stepped in front of him. It was a woman on her early 20’s. She was a blue eyed blonde who wore purple sleeveless shirt and shorts alongside many pieces of golden armor across her body. On her hips there was a cape that made her look like she was wearing a dress, tied by a cloth that had the symbol of three equilateral triangles together. She also used a golden laurel crown with a pink jewel. A notable feature were her pointy ears “This is Servant Ruler, Queen Zelda of Hyrule, she will be your companion”

------

The Holy Grail War. A ritual that takes place every 60 years in which seven mages are selected to engage in a battle royale, with the winner getting their wish granted by said artifact, the Holy Grail, a corrupted grail, no one knows that though.

To execute this, the mages have to summon their own Servants: Heroes of all eras coming from all kinds of tales. According to their legends, they are placed into one of seven classes: Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Assassin and Berserker.

Each of them having a wish they want granted, the Servants along their Masters must eliminate the other pairs until one stands. Only then, the Holy Grail will appear to make their wishes true, however…

------

Fate/Boards Smash

Prologue: Along came a Spider

------

I'm gonna make clear two things:
  1. This is not a pairing fic
  2. I already mentioned that @Soul. @Space Stranger @Envy @CliffJumper @Flight @Arigarmy and @Kirbyfan391 will be the main charcters, you guys will appear next chapter.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
YES. I approve of Conker for Kingdom Hearts 3.
Oh wait, that's your avatar pic. Yes, I'd assume so.
Cant see the feet though... I need to get a better picture of it.
then I need to crop everything out except for conker and get a green backround.
I got 4 favorites and a AND A RETWEET FROM CHRIS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The female playable Zelda character should obviously be Lana. :denzel:

:231:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well GG @ DougX DougX , like i expected. You are level of skill that is not too strong but not too weak. The person i like the fight in short! Homever, the lag was HORRIBLE for me. I swear if this lag was not here i would probably do better thing. But hey, it's too late now. But still, GG and have a good night/day here! Ciao.:4pacman:

T

Trick or Treat

The female playable Zelda character should obviously be Lana. :denzel:

I have a strange feeling that you are kidding...but I would really like that. I am a Lana fangirl.

Any game starring Lana is a game I would look into.

Or a Tetra game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a strange feeling that you are kidding...but I would really like that. I am a Lana fangirl.

Any game starring Lana is a game I would look into.

Or a Tetra game.
I was half-serious. I think her cutesy design is a bit unfitting among the Zelda cast, but I don't mind her being given roles outside Hyrule Warriors.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Well GG @ DougX DougX , like i expected. You are level of skill that is not too strong but not too weak. The person i like the fight in short! Homever, the lag was HORRIBLE for me. I swear if this lag was not here i would probably do better thing. But hey, it's too late now. But still, GG and have a good night/day here! Ciao.:4pacman:
Lol. Thanks I suppose. It was fun. Good night/day/whatever now.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
No... just.. no..

Seriously, I don't know. It seems like a beta version of the game.
Wow, you REALLY hate Steam. I like the ability to easily access games on multiple computers without awkward DRM hassle.

Anyways, a female Link at this point would be a bit weird since all of his past incarnations have been male. Why would just one be different?

I do really like the idea of Zelda as the main character or something, however.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, you REALLY hate Steam. I like the ability to easily access games on multiple computers without awkward DRM hassle.

Anyways, a female Link at this point would be a bit weird since all of his past incarnations have been male. Why would just one be different?

I do really like the idea of Zelda as the main character or something, however.
he pointed out at least 10 times that he wanted his account deleted, of course he hates steam :)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ganon too? I dunno, but I guess it would fit better. Isnt Shovel Knight introducing a complete gender-bend mode in the future where everyone is changed? I mean Im not saying they should do that.... but maybe they should do that.
The idea for Shovel Knight is actually to have fully customizable genders for the cast. How they described it was there'd be a big checklist of every character in the game and you'd be able to select each one individually and select male or female for that character. So you could play through the game with female shovel knight, female shield knight, male plague knight, male mole knight, female polar knight, ect.. Which I think is really cool. They also want to make a separate toggle for dialogue so you can play through as a female but have everyone refer to you as a male or vice versa.

As for Link, I could understand a game where you get to pick Link's gender since Link is supposed to be a player avatar and a lot of Zelda players are female. I'd be also down with a game where they just don't tell us Link's gender and no one in game can seem to figure it out. :p But just making a game where Link is always female instead of male just strikes me as missing the point on several levels. And like other people have said I'd rather have a game where you play as Lana or Zelda(there is so much that'd work about a Tetra game like oh my god).

Also Oboro is right cross dress Link is amazing. One of the reasons I'm not too keen on female Link is one of the few interesting things about Link is it's really rare for a male character as mainstream as Link (who's even widely accepted in the west!) getting away with being that darn feminine. A female Link would just be a super generic female protagonist because Link is already a super generic female protagonist, the only twist is that he's male! Unless you made female Link super masculine that I might actually be down with.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im tempted to call Blue link the Token Link from now on. Seeing how in most pictures he is always the pom-pom holder
Hating something just because it gets boring seems like a bad reason, but that's just me.

:160:
*shrugs* there is personal stuff but all in all it just got boring. I go there mostly for icon material, reaction and anime gifs now.. and the occasional news about an anime called Hetalia
So what you're saying is you don't like PC games very much. I don't use Steam for discussion, I use it for games.
Only game I play/played were MMORPGs like Maplestory( of which I uninstalled)

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Link is a male in-game. But the funny thing is, he is pretty adrogynous by design. So you can imagine him as any gender you want. It's YOUR avatar. (key word: imagination)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The idea for Shovel Knight is actually to have fully customizable genders for the cast. How they described it was there'd be a big checklist of every character in the game and you'd be able to select each one individually and select male or female for that character. So you could play through the game with female shovel knight, female shield knight, male plague knight, male mole knight, female polar knight, ect.. Which I think is really cool. They also want to make a separate toggle for dialogue so you can play through as a female but have everyone refer to you as a male or vice versa.
They're actually doing this???

D

Deleted member

Yes, but

why
I had a very awful experience using it. Not to mention..
- My old group of chatters obligated me to download it to play TF2 (which I'm not fond of, either, but I do find the memes funny). It's ridiculous. This was back in 2011, so I should've gotten over it already. It's more like their fault for ruining my perception towards the application.
- The game selection doesn't appeal to me. If anything, I'd get all :4sonic: games and that's it, but then again, I rarely use my PCs for gaming purposes. I'm not going to make a new account.
- It can track you down. Other members can easily find out your personal information.
- Although minor, I don't like the messaging features. If I ever want to chat, Skype exists.
- It's not for me. I wasn't active much at the time of the account's closing. I'm pretty much a console / handheld person for the most part. But at least you have a proper platform to release your PC games, and that's the [only] good thing about it (in my opinion).

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
While all of you are talking about gender bender Links or other stuff, I realized one thing about Nichijou.
Remember the scene where the Principal supplexed a deer ? Well, nobody really thought what happened to the deer.
Oh deer.png

It's dead. Seriously, it's...just dead.
The Principal is one crazy person when you think about it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
While all of you are talking about gender bender Links or other stuff, I realized one thing about Nichijou.
Remember the scene where the Principal supplexed a deer ? Well, nobody really thought what happened to the deer.
View attachment 57566
Rip supplexed deer

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
View attachment 57566
I actually just started watching that anime recently. That episode is my favorite.

Didn't know it was a Manga too. :younglinkmelee:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
View attachment 57566
Its probably what actually happened to Bambi's mother.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Rip supplexed deer
tumblr_lp6tsmerUi1qmpg90o1_500.gif

May his soul rest in peace and be reincarnated into a wrestler.

I actually just started watching that anime recently. That episode is my favorite.

Didn't know it was a Manga too. :younglinkmelee:
There's (pratically) always a manga before an anime.
And the manga went really far compared to the anime, you should read it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom