• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
We got some more FE: Fates news from the treehouse. In an earlier conversation, we were wondering how long each of the two games would be. They had just confirmed that each game is 28 chapters long, which puts it below only FE7, FE9, FE10 and FE12 if you include the prologue. So it looks like no matter which game you choose, we're going to get a pretty good sized experience for both.
If I recall correctly, Awakening had 26 chapters, right? And that's not even counting all of the paralogues...
I wonder what this game will be like.
FE:A is the only one I've played, and I'm interested in what else this series has to offer.
I'll try to play some of the older games too.

T

Trick or Treat

Me buying both FE versions was already confirmed, but seeing how long they will be further sets my decision in stone.

It might be nothing, but the interest is definitely there.

:smirk: Play your cards right and she might swap sides.

Joking aside, if your co-workers are encouraging you, you may as well play along. There's only 2 outcomes you can expect out of a first date: It will work or it will not work.
Getting her to agree to a date would be the tricky part. But you guys are right. Maybe I should go for it and deal with the outcome either eay

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fates is 28 chapters long? lol what FE game has the most chapters
I think the first one had more chapters.
Probably not, but I think I remember a 30th one in there. :4pacman:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Fates is 28 chapters long? lol what FE game has the most chapters
Fire Emblem 7 (Fire Emblem in the US) if you count Lyn's story and Hector Hard Mode.

Edit: Awakening if you count the DLC, as well.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

If I recall correctly, Awakening had 26 chapters, right? And that's not even counting all of the paralogues...
I wonder what this game will be like.
FE:A is the only one I've played, and I'm interested in what else this series has to offer.
I'll try to play some of the older games too.
There were the paralogues, the free DLC (or, Spotpass I think it was, actually), and plenty of paid DLC.

I really enjoyed the paid DLC that had actual dialogue and episodic moments. Even the silly hot spring one.

Soul.

How many chapters does Sacred Stones have?
wow i haven't played that game in a while dammit

T

Trick or Treat

Has anyone played the console FE games? At least on the Wii? I'm wondering if I should invest in that while I wait for Fates

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So it's been confirmed that the Digital Event puppets were made from the Jim Henson company.

Not all that surprising for it's Muppets looking style & quality but neat anyways.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Demos were amazing. Even though I sucked at most of the demos I tried, it was still a fun experience.
Definitely preordering StarFox Zero and the Fire Emblem games when possible.
And Aldelaro, I didn't see Paper Jam on the show floor. Maybe there will be more coverage on tomorrow's stream.
So it's been confirmed that the Digital Event puppets were made from the Jim Henson company.

Not all that surprising for it's Muppets looking style & quality but neat anyways.
Source for that?

Either way, I bet I should get those Puzzle Place tapes out of the attic for some nostalgia when I return to Minnesota. Those puppet scenes in the digital event were REALLY funny

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Has anyone played the console FE games? At least on the Wii? I'm wondering if I should invest in that while I wait for Fates
Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn have (in my opinion) the best and most complex gameplay in the entire series. I'd go as far to say that PoR is the best game in the series to date, with its great story on top of it's gameplay. Radiant Dawn is great too, but the story is a bit all over the place. The graphics aren't quite as impressive, I'd say (especially PoR), but that probably isn't a concern for you.

I kind of doubt you'd find them for a reasonable price though.

:231:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Ok is it true that there's only two more spots for smash dlc characters and one has been chosen for the smash ballot??? also i was glad to see the international trailer for Hyrule Warriors Legends but jesus that release date though spring quarter 2016? i mean why the long wait!? and the animal crrossing trailer pissed me off so hard we we're expecting so hard to see a animal crossing game for wii u but not as a party game!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ok is it true that there's only two more spots for smash dlc characters and one has been chosen for the smash ballot??? also i was glad to see the international trailer for Hyrule Warriors Legends but jesus that release date though spring quarter 2016? i mean why the long wait!? and the animal crrossing trailer pissed off so hard we we're expecting so hard to see a animal crossing game for wii u but not as a party game!
You do know Nintendo/Sakurai can easily add mode character slots if needed, right?

While we don't know if there are anymore pre-Smash Ballot characters coming our way as of now, the April Nintendo Direct implied we could see more than one character from the Smash Ballot.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Ok is it true that there's only two more spots for smash dlc characters and one has been chosen for the smash ballot??? also i was glad to see the international trailer for Hyrule Warriors Legends but jesus that release date though spring quarter 2016? i mean why the long wait!? and the animal crrossing trailer pissed me off so hard we we're expecting so hard to see a animal crossing game for wii u but not as a party game!
We know there's still two placeholder in the data, but it's currently unknown if future updates will improve that number.

So they're showing Blast Ball?
Immature fanbase imminent.
Nah, they're now showing Xenoblade X.

And that GameSpot thing, it could also be Devil's Third or something. Unknown doesn't mean unannounced.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
You do know Nintendo/Sakurai can easily add mode character slots if needed, right?

While we don't know if there are anymore pre-Smash Ballot characters coming our way as of now, the April Nintendo Direct implied we could see more than one character from the Smash Ballot.
No i know it's not impossible and if they want to really they could add add a option to put dlc characters on there own roster row by themself

T

Trick or Treat

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn have (in my opinion) the best and most complex gameplay in the entire series. I'd go as far to say that PoR is the best game in the series to date, with its great story on top of it's gameplay. Radiant Dawn is great too, but the story is a bit all over the place. The graphics aren't quite as impressive, I'd say (especially PoR), but that probably isn't a concern for you.

I kind of doubt you'd find them for a reasonable price though.

I remember seeing them on Amazon last year at some point and they were on the expensive side. I will look again but I might be out of luck.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I remember seeing them on Amazon last year at some point and they were on the expensive side. I will look again but I might be out of luck.
Is Radiant Dawn on the Wii U eShop? You can wait for it to turn up there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok is it true that there's only two more spots for smash dlc characters and one has been chosen for the smash ballot???
My 3DS shows me only one character slot left for the whole screen, so it's probably for the Smash Ballot.

pls Reggie win

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
By the way, what do you guys think about FE releasing 2 different versions at the same time?

Being a new fan to the series, I'm exited for FE IF, but I feel like I'm going to have to buy both version to get the full experience and that feels very money grubbing to me, especially since the two games could very likely fit into one.

I understand that one version is suppose to be a bit harder than the other, but couldn't that have been implemented as a different story arc in the same game? I'm curious of what you all think about this.
I'm not even going to buy it.

I'm waiting for the eventual 3rd Version they said they will release, with both stories and extra stuff.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
My 3DS shows me only one character slot left for the whole screen, so it's probably for the Smash Ballot.

pls Reggie win
they could just add a dlc button on to the roster screen on the game and probably put all the smash dlc characters there

T

Trick or Treat

Is Radiant Dawn on the Wii U eShop? You can wait for it to turn up there.

I have been a little bit behind, are there a lot of Wii games on the eShop now? Last I knew it was only Galaxy and the like.

$63.99 for a used one on Amazon. Not THAT bad, I suppose. Could be worse.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Interesting how the Metroid Prime producer says the next entry would "likely be on the NX now." Wonder if this means it will have console-esque stuff.
Or it's Federation Force 2 on XDS.

Interesting. I think it was said in the character discussion thread, but the sales on the e-shop includes games that are related to the games shown at E3. And one of the games was Kid Icarus Uprising.

If it is true, possible Wii U port? Or a new game maybe?
:bluejump::bluejump::bluejump:HOLY FREAKING HYPE!!!!! :bluejump::bluejump::bluejump:

Wait, I mean it's probably just Mario Tennis or something...:urg:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What if Nintendo makes a Smash spin-off with some key Smash elements missing? :troll:
They already made a mod for that. It's called every other fighting game. :troll: They made it before it even came out!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Demos were amazing. Even though I sucked at most of the demos I tried, it was still a fun experience.
Definitely preordering StarFox Zero and the Fire Emblem games when possible.
And Aldelaro, I didn't see Paper Jam on the show floor. Maybe there will be more coverage on tomorrow's stream.

Source for that?

Either way, I bet I should get those Puzzle Place tapes out of the attic for some nostalgia when I return to Minnesota. Those puppet scenes in the digital event were REALLY funny
we just got this though:

Mysteries left: the button on the bottom screen and these star points purposes, I do not expect any coverage becasue they showed all three main stuff.

Also, guys, I';m really torn on buying dream team at 28$ instead of 40$ so a couple of question for those of you who beat this game and superstar saga:

• does the action commands improved in terms of diversity and are they more challenging?
  • does the story / text style feels deeper from superstar saga?
  • what exactly the dream world adds to the overall experience?
  • is there any other modes in the overworld other than jump, hammer and the spin?
  • would you say the overall difficulty changed from superstar to dream team?
  • how long this game is exactly?
I;m so in debate with myself now....

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I have been a little bit behind, are there a lot of Wii games on the eShop now? Last I knew it was only Galaxy and the like.
There's not that many. They brought a couple niche titles like Sin & Punishment 2 and The Last Story. The rest are fan favorites like Mario Galaxy 2 and DKCR.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
You've only played awakening right? What were the things you liked about that game? Knowing that would help me decide what I would or wouldn't recommend to you, since FE games change a lot from game to game.

Just generally speaking, PoR (the gamecube game) is an all around solid games and my personal favoire of the FE games, so I'd recommended to most people. : ) RD on the Wii was enjoyable overall but suffered from having way too many characters so most don't get the degree of development they would in other FE games(and no support conversations! D:). The game also has a really weird difficult curve where it starts off really hard then gets easier. And it's a direct sequel to PoR so it might be a bit confusing if you don't play that first, but not too bad I don't think(and of course it spoils the heck out of PoR's plot). It does have an interesting plot though with multiple "good" factions that kind of similar to what they're doing with Fates though.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
we just got this though:

Mysteries left: the button on the bottom screen and these star points purposes, I do not expect any coverage becasue they showed all three main stuff.

Also, guys, I';m really torn on buying dream team at 28$ instead of 40$ so a couple of question for those of you who beat this game and superstar saga:

• does the action commands improved in terms of diversity and are they more challenging?
  • does the story / text style feels deeper from superstar saga?
  • what exactly the dream world adds to the overall experience?
  • is there any other modes in the overworld other than jump, hammer and the spin?
  • would you say the overall difficulty changed from superstar to dream team?
  • how long this game is exactly?
I;m so in debate with myself now....
The star points are required to use the cards if you're wondering.

The action commands are the same, save for the new Bros. Attacks. The hammer one is easier though as there's a glitter and a small bonus frame.
The story isn't that deep...
The Dream World adds new areas, abilities, attacks and enemies, as well as changing the gameplay a bit since you only got Mario. The giant battles also take place there.
Theres jumping, hammer, the ball, and the drill. Sorta like in PiT.
I don't really remember Superstar Saga all that well so Im not sure. I think it's a bit easier.
It took me 21+ hours to beat with grinding for the bonus items, so I say its about 12-18 hours long without grinding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom