• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So...did anyone get banned after the boatload of F-bombs that were dropped yesterday?
What? :yeahboi:

nosrsly?

Let's see, last year it was Robot Chicken sketches. This year, Nintendo Muppets. Wonder what they'll follow up with next year...
Maybe those weird '80s VHS Instructional Videos showing how to show off a Digital Event or something.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If they've recruited Robot Chicken once, I would drop balls if they ever went with something controversial. South Park Iwata, everybody? :p

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Petitions won't do anything, lmao. If they are still salty then I don't know what to say about them, other than the Metroid fanbase being full of ungrateful fools.
Yeah, I know they won't do anything.
Reggie didn't get in Smash. :4rob:

I actually thought about if it was just Federation Forces. Not how the fans would think, but the game itself.
A squad going throughout the galaxy to help out or take in for various Nintendo protagonists like, of course, :4samus:,:4fox:,:rosalina:, :4olimar:...uh, maybe :4falcon:? It's just something.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Lmao this whole Metroid petition is ridiculous. If they don't like it, don't buy the game. What part of that is hard to understand?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Guys, I had the best idea for a Nintendo game.

So, it's a strategy RPG, titled "Fresh Emblem: Fates".

In this game, the main character, Will Smith, has to choose what side to fight for in a war. There's actually two versions of the game, one for each side.

In one version, he fights for West Philidelphia, where he was born 'n raised.

In the other, he fights down in Bel-Air, where he was livin' with his Auntie 'n Uncle.

Nintendo should hire me now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I ate a complete roasted chicken because Im still really happy

What I missed?

Soul.

Interesting how the Metroid Prime producer says the next entry would "likely be on the NX now." Wonder if this means it will have console-esque stuff.
Lmao this whole Metroid petition is ridiculous. If they don't like it, don't buy the game. What part of that is hard to understand?
It's hard to understand because there is no such thing as COMMON SENSE.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've said it once, I'll say it again: I'm very sure we don't know everything about Federation Force.
Too bad it doesn't stop entitled fanboys from blindly hating a game that none of the developers had time to incrementally tease.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just learned that the DS game Star Fox Command is heading to Wii U Virtual Console next week.

I absolutely hate that game with a passion.

D

Deleted member

Interesting how the Metroid Prime producer says the next entry would "likely be on the NX now." Wonder if this means it will have console-esque stuff.

It's hard to understand because there is no such thing as COMMON SENSE.
NX confirmed to be a new home console. Wii U is really dead now.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I got an infraction for " Censor dodging" for using the D word..even though I thought it was going to get censored and that was a mistake
Sometimes it gets censored, sometimes it doesn't.
Which is stupid, considering you can get infracted by our totally radical mods for the system ****ing up :4pacman:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Too bad it doesn't stop entitled fanboys from blindly hating a game that none of the developers had time to incrementally tease.
It's one thing to be understandably disappointed in a newly revealed project. It's another thing to put together an online petition pro cancelling the game, just because it wasn't the old-new game you wanted.

Sometimes though, I wonder if people genuinely just want a sequel that doesn't change the formula around to create a new experience.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Doesn't help that the video has 37.K dislikes already. Flat-out depressing.
37,525 dislikes, but who's counting?

Seriously, about 90% of people these days don't understand common sense. We get it. You ****ing hate the game. I hated Robin in Smash Bros at first, but I sucked it up and dealt with it, just don't play as him unless I'm forced

D

Deleted member

Just learned that the DS game Star Fox Command is heading to Wii U Virtual Console next week.

I absolutely hate that game with a passion.
I don't like the controls. Never found out if you could switch to left-handed mode or not.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
To be honest, I think the hatred would have been bigger if it was teased earlier. See SMT×FE.

:231:
Wasn't the latter more that everybody was perplexed what the hell happened between the year of silence on the project. While people were still angry about its reveal, the reaction wasn't as overly negative.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wasn't the latter more that everybody was perplexed what the hell happened between the year of silence on the project. While people were still angry about its reveal, the reaction wasn't as overly negative.
I suppose.

That said, if they had teased 'A new Metroid is coming' like SMT×FE's original trailer, and then showed off this, the reactions would undoubtedly have been worse.

:231:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
37,525 dislikes, but who's counting?
566 (1).gif

I just wanted to post this gif. Sorry.

But yeah, the Metroid fanbase is dumb. Disliking a game like this is really immature. It's only a game, they can choose to not buy it. They never were like this when Metroid Pinball on the DS was out. It's not the first time a spin off for Metroid came out on a handheld console.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I remember someone here wanting a tutorial on drawing Luigi.

Was it @jpkurihara ?
I remembered I drew a Tutorial on Flipnote when I had no internet, I could upload it if the folk who wanted it is still out and about

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That said, if they had teased 'A new Metroid is coming' like SMT×FE's original trailer, and then showed off this, the reactions would undoubtedly have been worse.
No doubt. The amount of hate would be double the amount the current distaste.

It would have been a nightmare.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im watching too much SpongeBob, I don't know why

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Totally acceptable.

UNACCEPTAAAAABLE !!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE !
It hurts how true this is. Poor developpers looking at their game getting hate from everyone.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
No, what game are they playing right now?
They just got done showing of an eshop game called Fast Racing Neo.
It looks very similar to F-Zero; a very fast skill based racing game, even the tracks are similar to ones you would see in F-Zero.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Totally acceptable.

It hurts how true this is. Poor developpers looking at their game getting hate from everyone.
To be fair, Metroid hasn't seen a main game in years but that doesn't excuse the overwhelming hate this game gets.

I'm going to wait a few more directs and a potential eShop demo before I completely write it off, like any sane person would.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Totally acceptable.

Remember when people were shouting with excitement over Other M's reveal?

(I personally enjoyed Other M gameplay wise but that doesn't mean the story wasn't absolutely pure ****)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom