• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lol the closest thing the WiiU gets to Persona is DAN and SMT X FE
It's something :L
I never played a single FE game (except a little bit the one with Marth in it), but even without that knowledge, I found this pretty disgusting.

Making two versions of one game isn't news, Pokemon did it, as well as other companies. The problem comes with the story. If you want to play the game in its full experience, with the full story, you have to buy the two games. And they are at the same price. It feels more like a way to get money, and pretty badly.

Where Pokemon found a way to make both versions of the same game different, while still not changing the experience, FE tries to do the same but on the wrong direction. If you want to do 2 version of one game, you have to give them the same experience, one doesn't need the other to be complete.

Will this formula work ? Of course it will, any fanboy will buy two versions of the same game just for the story. While commercially it will be a success, I'm not sure it's going to be the same for the image of the company.

That's my opinion though, feel free to disagree.
You honestly can't compare Pokemon to this.
We're talking about different classes, and story paths not version exclusive pokemon. I'm assuming the game is so large that they had to split it, otherwise we would have a very lacking singular version trying to cater to both sides.
Dunno dude, we'll just have to wait and see how the game plays out

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I never played a single FE game (except a little bit the one with Marth in it), but even without that knowledge, I found this pretty disgusting.

Making two versions of one game isn't news, Pokemon did it, as well as other companies. The problem comes with the story. If you want to play the game in its full experience, with the full story, you have to buy the two games. And they are at the same price. It feels more like a way to get money, and pretty badly.

Where Pokemon found a way to make both versions of the same game different, while still not changing the experience, FE tries to do the same but on the wrong direction. If you want to do 2 version of one game, you have to give them the same experience, one doesn't need the other to be complete.

Will this formula work ? Of course it will, any fanboy will buy two versions of the same game just for the story. While commercially it will be a success, I'm not sure it's going to be the same for the image of the company.

That's my opinion though, feel free to disagree.
I disagree with the statement that the move for FE Fates is a bad. The reason the game is being split into two separate copies is due to the large amount of story, plot, and content being constructed on both the Hoshido and Nohr nations. There is countless evidence out there regarding the decisions that are made for each game. Each side has their own objectives, characters, and classes exclusive. For example, Harold, Elise’s subordinate and the traditional Fighter that appears early in the game, is only obtained in the Nohr path. Regardless, there are some units shown that follow Kamui/Corrin (the MU Lord of the game) regardless of the path he/she chooses.

I think the biggest flaw of your argument is comparing it closely to Pokemon. While I wholeheartedly agree that Pokemon doesn’t take away from the full experience from purchasing both copies, there are stark differences than similarities. Pokemon does not place heavy emphasis on the story the same level the Fire Emblem franchise does. FE has always emphasized the struggles of war, usually, in the perspective of the invaded nation. Fates allows for players to get the best of both worlds: understanding the internal conflict going on while at war (Nohr) and the pressures of defending the homeland (Hoshido).

Now that isn't to say anyone complaining about the 2 copies of FE Fates is wrong, it's just that most of the dislike towards the strategy is more misguided. Many people do not understand that Fates is projected to take up more memory space than Awakening and all three paths are confirmed to have roughly the same length as Awakening. Combining one cartridge with both paths will require most of the memory to be used just to accommodate the content from both sides. The two copy system allows for few players to decide whether or not they would like to purchase the other half of the story. For instance, let’s say I pick up FE Fates: Conquest and I decide I want nothing to do with Hoshido since I love Nohr so much. I do not have to worry about FE Fates taking up more memory to accommodate a part of the game I do not wish to play.

Overall, I think we should at least give FE Fates the benefit of doubt that the two game method was a smart move for both convenience and to further emphasize the difference between the two factions.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
If only he had big, fuzzy, and floppy ears like Ratchet... Seriously, the way Ratchet's ears move while he's using the jetpack... SO FUZZY!
When I see ear like that, I just want to tug them but I don't think animals would like that. Even though I would love to touch animal fur I really don't like clean it up, it's a real pain especially on couches.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does anyone else think that, once Nintendo is 100% done with Smash 3DS & Wii U DLC, Nintendo will re-release both games but with all DLC already included?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
When I see ear like that, I just want to tug them but I don't think animals would like that. Even though I would love to touch animal fur I really don't like clean it up, it's a real pain especially on couches.
Didn't people react like this with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? I mean, look at the fuzzy fur!

Does anyone else think that, once Nintendo is 100% done with Smash 3DS & Wii U DLC, Nintendo will re-release both games but with all DLC already included?
They could have released a season pass, but Nintendo's new to DLC, I guess.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I disagree with the statement that the move for FE Fates is a bad. The reason the game is being split into two separate copies is due to the large amount of story, plot, and content being constructed on both the Hoshido and Nohr nations. There is countless evidence out there regarding the decisions that are made for each game. Each side has their own objectives, characters, and classes exclusive. For example, Harold, Elise’s subordinate and the traditional Fighter that appears early in the game, is only obtained in the Nohr path. Regardless, there are some units shown that follow Kamui/Corrin (the MU Lord of the game) regardless of the path he/she chooses.

I think the biggest flaw of your argument is comparing it closely to Pokemon. While I wholeheartedly agree that Pokemon doesn’t take away from the full experience from purchasing both copies, there are stark differences than similarities. Pokemon does not place heavy emphasis on the story the same level the Fire Emblem franchise does. FE has always emphasized the struggles of war, usually, in the perspective of the invaded nation. Fates allows for players to get the best of both worlds: understanding the internal conflict going on while at war (Nohr) and the pressures of defending the homeland (Hoshido).

Now that isn't to say anyone complaining about the 2 copies of FE Fates is wrong, it's just that most of the dislike towards the strategy is more misguided. Many people do not understand that Fates is projected to take up more memory space than Awakening and all three paths are confirmed to have roughly the same length as Awakening. Combining one cartridge with both paths will require most of the memory to be used just to accommodate the content from both sides. The two copy system allows for few players to decide whether or not they would like to purchase the other half of the story. For instance, let’s say I pick up FE Fates: Conquest and I decide I want nothing to do with Hoshido since I love Nohr so much. I do not have to worry about FE Fates taking up more memory to accommodate a part of the game I do not wish to play.

Overall, I think we should at least give FE Fates the benefit of doubt that the two game method was a smart move for both convenience and to further emphasize the difference between the two factions.
Nice rebuttal, my argument was weak due to how little I know about FE.

Maybe they should have went on the Wii U instead of the 3DS. Maybe it would have cost much more, maybe too much for the company right now, but it could have solve some problems, while improving the visuals and add even more new gameplay mechanics.

Still, good rebuttal. We'll have to wait and see I guess. But the success comercially will be here, that's for sure.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Like MK? Komplete edition?
No. The only true DLC are the characters and stages but, I think the DLC is cheaper to buy in game than the game with DLC.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I talked about that before, but instead it would be called ULTRA Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

The best part is that the handheld version is a New 3DS exclusive :troll:

Didn't people react like this with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? I mean, look at the fuzzy fur!
I do love me some Danky Bong Bluntry :denzel:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Nice rebuttal, my argument was weak due to how little I know about FE.

Maybe they should have went on the Wii U instead of the 3DS. Maybe it would have cost much more, maybe too much for the company right now, but it could have solve some problems, while improving the visuals and add even more new gameplay mechanics.

Still, good rebuttal. We'll have to wait and see I guess. But the success comercially will be here, that's for sure.
Thanks for the compliment! A Wii U FE title (ignoring the existence of what's left of SMT x FE) would be a good revival of mechanics found in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn such as size and depth of maps.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
7 minutes? That's a long-*** trailer.

Also;
There's actual gameplay in it. They got crap because it restarted because it glitched during the presentation, but it proves it's actually real gameplay. IT's so beautiful.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Thanks for the compliment! A Wii U FE title (ignoring the existence of what's left of SMT x FE) would be a good revival of mechanics found in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn such as size and depth of maps.
It would improve the series drastically. I understand that the developpement on 3DS cost less, but having a good FE on Wii U could make the series progress. It would also help the Wii U, and a lot.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
These directs make for good reaction images and this fits for the current state of post-Digital Event:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Brb informing the authorities for a potential homicide. :4wario:
And I love your sense of humor

I think you're nervous. :secretkpop: Goord luck.
Slightly but I'll be a little more relaxed tonight. Thinking about doing a bowling as I know she loves bowling then follow that with going out to eat. Should be fun. Here's to hoping I don't make a fart joke out of nowhere that it becomes impossible to recover

I read "groose" at first. Then I saw there was a real typo.
I'll still read it as Groose.
Da Grooze is not loose

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So...did anyone get banned after the boatload of F-bombs that were dropped yesterday?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So...did anyone get banned after the boatload of F-bombs that were dropped yesterday?
Only warnings, apparently.
Let's see, last year it was Robot Chicken sketches. This year, Nintendo Muppets. Wonder what they'll follow up with next year...
I'm voting for an Evangelion-esque opening with Reggie and Iwata fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom