• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@OboromuramaAlpaca Get the Pom-Pom gifs, the treehouse is in 8 minutes
I always forget that EST is 3 hours ahead
I'm so stupiiiid XD

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Isn't that a good thing because it's legitimately two different games and not a few collectable thingys switched around? And can't you buy the other story as DLC for a significant discount?
I'm just saying you can't compare Megaman StarForce Dragon, Leo & Pegasus to both versions to Fates.
However, I don't think Fates being two games is a bad thing because you can buy the other two paths.
It's not like Conquests and Birthrights have minor differences, as you said.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
That really sucks about FE: Fates. I was almost sure that wasn't the case yesterday with the infographic stating "during the game the player must make a choice". Hopefully there is a $55 version with both sides on cart that isn't in horrendously short supply. I hate it when content is cut from a game only to be sold back piecemeal to the consumer. It's a shady consumer practice and could very well weaken the already niche Fire Emblem brand in America and Europe.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So Fire Emblem Fates will have 2 versions here as well... Birthright and Conquest. This is bull****!
To be honest, I saw it coming from a mile away. They might also release a Limited edition version with both paths in one cartridge.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
@ LancerStaff LancerStaff Nice name.

I'm more of the Claw type, myself.

Stealth Claws, Hedgehog Claws,

Raptor Claws.
Personally I prefer Palms.
Went in telling myself I'd main Claws, ended up with Staves and Bows. I'm a natural born sniper, apparently. :p Still have my Samurai Blade though. Wish Raptors weren't so slow, they're kinda terrible without Tirelessness instead of Lightweight because they're stuck with the cruddy Claws stamina.

Palms, I could never get into. Really ought to make a good Viridi Palm, it's supposed to be pretty good after Shot Range and Shot Homing +3.

That really sucks about FE: Fates. I was almost sure that wasn't the case yesterday with the infographic stating "during the game the player must make a choice". Hopefully there is a $55 version with both sides on cart that isn't in horrendously short supply. I hate it when content is cut from a game only to be sold back piecemeal to the consumer. It's a shady consumer practice and could very well weaken the already niche Fire Emblem brand in America and Europe.
They made two separate games joined by story. If it weren't for the first four chapters this would be a complete Oracles of Ages and Seasons deal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't had the best of luck online today. I made too many stupid mistakes on my part. I only won a handful of matches. It's annoying when you know you could do so much better. I've gotten some good win streaks before.

In other news, Even one of the guys who made Metroid Prime wants to do a more major game. He mentions Samus and Sylux having a rivalry. I'd actually would like Sylux to be another continuing rival to Samus.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...cer-says-he-really-wants-to-make-another-one/

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
People are ******** about no Metroid Prime 4
lol @petitions to cancel Federation Force
But at least the franchise is getting games. Shoot I'd be happy if Advance Wars or Golden Sun got something.
and it really sounds like they intend to make "Metroid Prime 4" eventually even if development hasn't begun yet, which is nice?
**** it's better than the radio silence we get from Capcom regarding loved franchises
:189:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, and here's a creepy kind of plant I found images of a few days ago. As if being incredibly poisonous wasn't enough, it has berries that look like THIS.

:4palutena: Pit! The Underworld Army is invading!
That's make for a good Pokemon inspiration. I kind of like it.

So I just learned that Stair Fax 0 won't have the Blue Marine.

Would've been nice but it's not the end the world.
Remember, 90% of Water levels are approved by Stan. :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People are ******** about no Metroid Prime 4
lol @petitions to cancel Federation Force
But at least the franchise is getting games. Shoot I'd be happy if Advance Wars or Golden Sun got something.
and it really sounds like they intend to make "Metroid Prime 4" eventually even if development hasn't begun yet, which is nice?
**** it's better than the radio silence we get from Capcom regarding loved franchises
:189:
Yeah. I actually want to play Federation Force. It'd be better if you could have Samus around though. People can be salty if they want to though. And again, it's not like Metroid Prime 4 can't happen. I know Metroid isn't whored out like Mario, but a Spin-off isn't going to kill it.

Now for Capcom, they mentioned something about if that new NES collection does well, they will consider doing more collections. What I find interesting is that they specifically mention collections. So with that in mind, it might not effect a whole new game, one that might made during the Cartoon series.

What it could mean, however is possibly other series getting collections. I have an X series one, so I'm not too worried about that. I do want to see if they'll make one for Battle Network. I see that as the last major Mega Man series that could REALLY use a collection. We have 2 for Classic, 1 for Mega Man X AND Zero.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
"Next Metroid Prime Home Console Title "Would Likely Now be on NX"
It's something

Yeah. I actually want to play Federation Force. It'd be better if you could have Samus around though. People can be salty if they want to though. And again, it's not like Metroid Prime 4 can't happen. I know Metroid isn't whored out like Mario, but a Spin-off isn't going to kill it.

Now for Capcom, they mentioned something about if that new NES collection does well, they will consider doing more collections. What I find interesting is that they specifically mention collections. So with that in mind, it might not effect a whole new game, one that might made during the Cartoon series.

What it could mean, however is possibly other series getting collections. I have an X series one, so I'm not too worried about that. I do want to see if they'll make one for Battle Network. I see that as the last major Mega Man series that could REALLY use a collection. We have 2 for Classic, 1 for Mega Man X AND Zero.
Personally I won't be picking up the NES collection
15 bucks, no WiiU support? lol

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I don't get why people are complaining about two separate fire emblem fates games. Each one is confirmed to be just as long as Awakening and will both show a different side of the story in each kingdom. It's not like the pokemon games, with the only difference being which pokemon you can catch.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't get why people are complaining about two separate fire emblem fates games. Each one is confirmed to be just as long as Awakening and will both show a different side of the story in each kingdom. It's not like the pokemon games, with the only difference being which pokemon you can catch.
Because people don't like to read. The game already faced a similar situation in Japan and each game has enough content to keep the player occupied. A special edition version was announced that allows for players to play both paths in one copy of the game.

And no, this separation will not "hurt the series" since IS understands that both paths are vastly different from design and objectives. The alternate and 3rd path can still be bought later. It's not that big of a deal.

Unrelated but I'm slightly disappointed Marx was changed to Xander. Marx sounded alright but Xander isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"Next Metroid Prime Home Console Title "Would Likely Now be on NX"
It's something

Personally I won't be picking up the NES collection
15 bucks, no WiiU support? lol
Figured as much. Metroid did skip the N64 as unfortunate as it is.

I'm debating whether I get the NES collection myself. 15 bucks for 6 games isn't so bad. It'd cost twice as much to get them all separately on the E-Shop. And you do get a challenge mode. As well as a boss practicing mode. And rapid fire, which could be fun to screw around with.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Metroid looked on the peek of the world now felt an entire mountain...
What the heck is retro studios doing?
How next level games was chosen after being denied to make games for the franchise?
What is NX?
Didn't the metroid co-creator denied on working in the franchise again?

So many unanswered questions...

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I don't get why people are complaining about two separate fire emblem fates games. Each one is confirmed to be just as long as Awakening and will both show a different side of the story in each kingdom. It's not like the Pokemon games, with the only difference being which Pokemon you can catch.
Yes "confirmed". That's likely PR trying to justify the price tag. Nothing about the game's length can be confirmed until it releases in Japan and someone reaches the credits. Unless the game has had a longer development than we know about, I highly doubt the game will have Awakening's 27 story missions + 15 side missions (this isn't counting DLC). I'd be surprised if each "game" has more than 20 main levels and 5 side missions, as in the GBA games, and I'm also willing to bet the 3rd story will be shorter than this.

Don 't believe everything you hear.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I really wish we got a Golden Sun game in yesterday's announcement.... but nope, Camelot is working on ANOTHER Mario Sports game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just wait until the 25th. I doubt IS will halfass a game with two (or three) distinct paths with limited chapters just for money.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, college projects are a pain...

What all did I miss, besides more fighting and tears, if any?

:231:

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I would actually be very exited for Metroid Prime: Federation Force, if it meant we got to play as bounty hunters that were introduced in the past games (Like Metroid Prime 3, and Metroid Prime Hunters) this would make lots of sense for a spinoff title. I would really enjoy playing as Sylux or Rundas or at least Samus.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

FE Fates releases in Japan.
Yeah...someone teach me Japanese please. I would like to completely master in by the 25th. Thank you.

But srsly. I loved Awakening so much, and if the new ones are just as good, I will buy both versions in an instant. I mean, I already plan on getting every version they release, anyway.

I know I sound like a poser, but I am a modern FE fangirl.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Yeah...someone teach me Japanese please. I would like to completely master in by the 25th. Thank you.

But srsly. I loved Awakening so much, and if the new ones are just as good, I will buy both versions in an instant. I mean, I already plan on getting every version they release, anyway.

I know I sound like a poser, but I am a modern FE fangirl.
You should give the GBA ones a try. My personal favorite (and "easiest" in the series) is Sacred Stones.

I'm going to dig anything I can find for FE Fates.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think I'm gonna buy that LE Fates, if there'll be one. I'm a terrible decision maker and don't want to regret my choice. :p

And why do I have to wait two hours real time for a collectible?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You should give the GBA ones a try. My personal favorite (and "easiest" in the series) is Sacred Stones.

I'm going to dig anything I can find for FE Fates.
I second this. The GBA ones are really good and what got me into the series. Both Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones are great.

:231:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That SMTxFE or whatever it is called now. What on Earth am I watching?
Aw, poor Gangrel got decapitated.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That SMTxFE or whatever it is called now. What on Earth am I watching?
Aw, poor Gangrel got decapitated.
I am sorry. Even though I'm one of the few that has [little] hope for the game, the E3 trailer was a hot mess and painful to watch.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom