• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Yes "confirmed". That's likely PR trying to justify the price tag. Nothing about the game's length can be confirmed until it releases in Japan and someone reaches the credits. Unless the game has had a longer development than we know about, I highly doubt the game will have Awakening's 27 story missions + 15 side missions (this isn't counting DLC). I'd be surprised if each "game" has more than 20 main levels and 5 side missions, as in the GBA games, and I'm also willing to bet the 3rd story will be shorter than this.

Don 't believe everything you hear.
I'm aware that's a possibility. What's wrong with being positive though?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm so glad Star Fox Zero is coming out on Wii U this year. I've never been this excited for a new game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People are hating Federation Force too much. It could have been worse. It could have been a mobile game with no effort put in. Honestly, it seems pretty fun.

That said, I'd still want a proper Metroid game instead. But it seems okay.

I'm so glad Star Fox Zero is coming out on Wii U this year. I've never been this excited for a new game.
Give them the Space Shoot Bangs.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hey, 'sup everyone. I finished some storyboard pages and trained a bit my :4ryu: and Mii :4miigun:. I'm still having a lot of fun with those two, as well as my two other mains.

So, what's going on here ?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Federation Force does look genuinely fun at least, but from a PR perspective "reviving" the franchise with this has gone over extremely badly.

I understand that they want to "transform" the franchise, but this is a bit much. It implies a sort of "you silly people just want the same thing over and over!" type of attitude.
After Super Metroid's release we wanted a new 2D title. Instead, we got Metroid Prime, which is my favorite title in the series. However, the key difference is that Prime still played like a Metroid game, whereas Federation Force is timed as if it were a triumphant return, yet it's Hunters 2.0.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meh, I was never interrested in Metroid to begin with personally. I like the universe, but not really the gameplay. The 2D games goes better with me, so I would say Metroid Fusion was the only memorable Metroid I played. I even liked Other M's gameplay a bit (the story sucks though, we can all agree with that).

Honnestly, I feel Nintendo's Direct was more casual than anything. They started with the big announcement (Star Fox) and immediately went on the casual games with Skylanders and Amiibos. We also have a butt load of spin offs, especially for Animal Crossing. I know some are happy to get more Animal Crossing love (@OboromuramaAlpaca ), but having 2 spin offs instead of main games isn't nice for everyone. And the one on Wii U feels more like a waste of time, they could have waited and developped a real Animal Crossing on Wii U, not a party game.

Overall, the Direct was nice, but had no impact except in the beginning and in the middle with the "M&L x PM" game. The rest was either games we already knew about, leaked ones and others that were obscure or straight out not interresting.

Still hyped for "Mario Maker", "Star Fox" and "M&L x PM" though.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
By the way, what do you guys think about FE releasing 2 different versions at the same time?

Being a new fan to the series, I'm exited for FE IF, but I feel like I'm going to have to buy both version to get the full experience and that feels very money grubbing to me, especially since the two games could very likely fit into one.

I understand that one version is suppose to be a bit harder than the other, but couldn't that have been implemented as a different story arc in the same game? I'm curious of what you all think about this.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, what do you guys think about FE releasing 2 different versions at the same time?

Being a new fan to the series, I'm exited for FE IF, but I feel like I'm going to have to buy both version to get the full experience and that feels very money grubbing to me, especially since the two games could very likely fit into one.

I understand that one version is suppose to be a bit harder than the other, but couldn't that have been implemented as a different story arc in the same game? I'm curious of what you all think about this.
As someone who has been an FE fan since 2009, I didn't like this decision. I wouldn't have minded a slightly higher price tag instead, to be honest.

Things get even murkier in the Digital Download, since you (apparently) have the option to play either Nohr or Hoshido when you reach that point, and then the game apparently locks the other route until you pay for it. From a programming perspective, it indeed is an easier way to make it similar to the retail release, but that doesn't stop from giving off a really wrong impression.

:231:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I never played a single FE game (except a little bit the one with Marth in it), but even without that knowledge, I found this pretty disgusting.

Making two versions of one game isn't news, Pokemon did it, as well as other companies. The problem comes with the story. If you want to play the game in its full experience, with the full story, you have to buy the two games. And they are at the same price. It feels more like a way to get money, and pretty badly.

Where Pokemon found a way to make both versions of the same game different, while still not changing the experience, FE tries to do the same but on the wrong direction. If you want to do 2 version of one game, you have to give them the same experience, one doesn't need the other to be complete.

Will this formula work ? Of course it will, any fanboy will buy two versions of the same game just for the story. While commercially it will be a success, I'm not sure it's going to be the same for the image of the company.

That's my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm bored.

I started out good with :4ryu:and sucked with :4feroy:.
Now I'm good with :4feroy:and suck with :4ryu:.

What's happening to me? :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Roy is now your boy too... Congratulations. : D
Might as well main change and switch :4ryu:with the Secondary scrubs of :4metaknight:and :4drmario:
Now :4feroy:is with :4shulk::4wiremac::4myfriends:and :4darkpit:.

What, I can't main the edgy one? :4pacman:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
so does anybody remember the brutal mario hack
a few months back there was a new demo that completely remade 1-1
after piecing everything from demos 7.5 and on, I think I have a final level list
http://pastebin.com/xu4q99Pa (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Untitled-1.jpg

I took a screen cap of all the options in Mario maker

At least the ones they showed in the new super mario bros style

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Super Mario Maker genuinely seems like a fantastic game to me right now. Too many of us are just discounting it as an eshop game, but I'll pay the full 60 for it

Strofirko

Smash Master
Being sincere,the lack of devil third mention anywhere on nintendo E3 medias,may be the thing that annoys me the most.

and that noone remembers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom