• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, never knew that about you... Explains a lot though. Been aware of the speedrunning community and it's intricacies for a while though, got sucked into it because I was looking for an easy way to get S ranks and stuff in MMZ.

It would of been pretty good if it were a normal direct. But at E3? I mean, the biggest announcements were Zelda and Metroid spin-offs and M&LPJ. Those three games alone would be a pretty cool direct, but at E3 when we're in a bit of a drought for both systems and people are expecting something huge that we haven't even heard of yet (like a new 3D Mario) it's easy to see why people were left wanting more.

Only Mii hats, Mii clothing, and custom specials count for the check.
my story with the speedrunning community is going quite deep, I was there for at least a year.

I will say this, it;s a freaking good community that focus on teamwork and progression. SRL I think is the best example, it's such a great stie that evolved a lot through times.

But yeah, finding glitches isn';t as easy as it might sounds. There's 2 ways, knowing how to NOT glitch (the usual way) and luck.....VERY insane luck (it happened with wind waker and it's wind storage).

TTYD was very interesting to gltich hunt. I had dol[phin running and made 150 more saves to have a ready to test environemtn and I was basically messing with Cheat engine plugged to dolphin.....it was so fun to do.

I ended because TTYD felt too much solid to do anything, I feel it doesn;t change much so i never cam back and also becasue they had severe lack of communication.

I actually recently started to work on pm64 and I plan to do more on spm. i did saves and google sheets of the improtant ram addresses for both game meaning I can glitch hunt and test easilly.

pm64 even as broken as it is, has a huge potential. spm, its potential is unknown.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Because we were expecting hype worthy stuff when they clearly said that their E3 this year would involve games that come out in 2015. :glare:

Really though, this E3 was lackluster [in general]. Hoping 2016 is better.
I could've sworn you said that you thought Sony's E3 was amazing, lol.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Omg I just beat 9.0 Classic on the Wii U without customs for the first time. Heart racing haha.

With Mario too... what even.

Soul.

I could've sworn you said that you thought Sony's E3 was amazing, lol.
It was only "amazing" because of Shenmue III and the FF VII remake. It didn't catch my interest, ever.
Just your typical "wow...." in a surprised way.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Is it normal for Roy to get KO'd as early as 80% or did they make Classic 9.0 on the 3DS harder? Also, is it now a set order of normal to team to giant to metal?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So I take it people are disappointed here too?
Reactions are mildly positive at best, @OboromuramaAlpaca notwithstanding.

Oh awesome. Brb selling 1000000 pieces of gear. Thanks!
I'd keep stuff with good negative modifiers since they massively boost stats and good positive modifiers because they both help a ton for challenges.

my story with the speedrunning community is going quite deep, I was there for at least a year.

I will say this, it;s a freaking good community that focus on teamwork and progression. SRL I think is the best example, it's such a great stie that evolved a lot through times.

But yeah, finding glitches isn';t as easy as it might sounds. There's 2 ways, knowing how to NOT glitch (the usual way) and luck.....VERY insane luck (it happened with wind waker and it's wind storage).

TTYD was very interesting to gltich hunt. I had dol[phin running and made 150 more saves to have a ready to test environemtn and I was basically messing with Cheat engine plugged to dolphin.....it was so fun to do.

I ended because TTYD felt too much solid to do anything, I feel it doesn;t change much so i never cam back and also becasue they had severe lack of communication.

I actually recently started to work on pm64 and I plan to do more on spm. i did saves and google sheets of the improtant ram addresses for both game meaning I can glitch hunt and test easilly.

pm64 even as broken as it is, has a huge potential. spm, its potential is unknown.
Really ought to figure out KIU... Somebody found some new treasure rooms about a month ago. Like, if we've missed stuff as basic as this, imagine what kind of crazy clips we could find.

How light is Roy anyways? He gets KOed really quickly during team battles. >_>
CPUs in Classic get some absurd equipment, but he's not exactly heavy either.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Reactions are mildly positive at best, @OboromuramaAlpaca notwithstanding.

I'd keep stuff with good negative modifiers since they massively boost stats and good positive modifiers because they both help a ton for challenges.

Really ought to figure out KIU... Somebody found some new treasure rooms about a month ago. Like, if we've missed stuff as basic as this, imagine what kind of crazy clips we could find.

CPUs in Classic get some absurd equipment, but he's not exactly heavy either.
the problem is you will be limited to console test, extremely limiting from personal experience.

You could make a file system where you have your files of the cartbridge the most spread out of the sequence of the game as possible, but you can;t have like 100 saves swappable like I do.

most importantly, you have no ram search, it;s like the best feature of glitch hunting ever :)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is it normal for Roy to get KO'd as early as 80% or did they make Classic 9.0 on the 3DS harder? Also, is it now a set order of normal to team to giant to metal?
Roy is heavier than Marth but lighter than Ike with a weight of 95, probably he just gets easily KO'd because more 9.0 bs

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
To be fair, :4mario: is pretty high tier but his Green Clone is slightly more superior. :p

Soul.

Mario gets better with jan—I mean customs. Scalding F.L.U.D.D. bro.
Luigi is "better" but Mr. Famous isn't far away in tiers. lol tiers.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
the problem is you will be limited to console test, extremely limiting from personal experience.

You could make a file system where you have your files of the cartbridge the most spread out of the sequence of the game as possible, but you can;t have like 100 saves swappable like I do.

most importantly, you have no ram search, it;s like the best feature of glitch hunting ever :)
Well, I believe we have ways to clip OoB but we haven't really found anything with it yet. One I remember in particular I found trying to find a treasure chest by falling off a rotating platform & got past an invisible wall. Ended up falling for about a minute before exploding on the (presumably) default death plane. And of course in KIU falling off is only supposed to make you lose a little health and respawn, but apparently I tripped a checkpoint right before it and it ended up in a loop until my HP ran out.

Anyway, with the power Jump Glide, which acts like Palutena's here in Smash except the glide doesn't cut out, there's some potential to skip a large portion of levels.

Pretty sure Skalding F.L.U.D.D. is junk, High-pressure is where it's at.

Soul.

Well, I believe we have ways to clip OoB but we haven't really found anything with it yet. One I remember in particular I found trying to find a treasure chest by falling off a rotating platform & got past an invisible wall. Ended up falling for about a minute before exploding on the (presumably) default death plane. And of course in KIU falling off is only supposed to make you lose a little health and respawn, but apparently I tripped a checkpoint right before it and it ended up in a loop until my HP ran out.

Anyway, with the power Jump Glide, which acts like Palutena's here in Smash except the glide doesn't cut out, there's some potential to skip a large portion of levels.

Pretty sure Skalding F.L.U.D.D. is junk, High-pressure is where it's at.
Scalding F.L.U.D.D. is great man, it allows you to combo and get grabs at some percents, as well as make some MUs easier, like Sonic. High Pressure is situational imo

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It took me an hour and a half to beat Classic 9.0 with Roy. Took me a few tries with Ryu. I wonder how long it will take for Lucas. First round got owned by Master Hand and Master Body. Second try lost first round against Shulk who dodged everything and got the Final Smash...

Edit: Beat it on Lucas' third attempt.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
You want gifs? they're yours my friend. Gifs I found from popular and not so popular videos.
Please take a look,

Iwata

Reggie

Miyamoto

We're Star Fox

They called him crazy

DDDdancing

Gotta punch fast

When its raining washtubs

Golf, the E.G.G.M.A.N. way

E.G.G.D.A.N.C.E.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One downside though: Luigi's Up+B kind of sucks. He falls upside down for no reason. But I don't use him, so what am I saying. :troll:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
E3 Nintendo 2015:

The good: Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Bash, Fire Emblem Fates, Chrom's crazy cool hooded looking design in that fire emblem crossover game, muppets presentation
The bad: Everything else.
The ugly: That Metroid Prime game which looks worse than n64 graphics and has a record setting number of dislikes.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
E3 Nintendo 2015:

The good: Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Bash, Fire Emblem Fates, Chrom's crazy cool hooded looking design in that fire emblem crossover game, muppets presentation
The bad: Everything else.
The ugly: That Metroid Prime game which looks worse than n64 graphics and has a record setting number of dislikes.
Any 3DS game that uses 3D graphics looks awful when you look at it on a bigger screen. Smash looked awful, Kid Icarus looked awful and Pokemon looked awful.

Anyway, the Metroid game is no where near as offensive to its fans as the Animal Crossing reveal was.

TWO spin off games? My god Nintendo. People play Mario Party for the mini games. You literally made the biggest chance game of all time.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
After hearing what else they said about the game, Federation Force isn't that bad anymore.
But my god, that artstyle. It's so generic.
Not to mention it doesn't look "Prime" at all. If it was "Metroid: Federation Force" I could accept it, but no, it's Metroid Prime Federation Force.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
After hearing what else they said about the game, Federation Force isn't that bad anymore.
Not to mention it doesn't look "Prime" at all. If it was "Metroid: Federation Force" I could accept it, but no, it's Metroid Prime Federation Force.
Name changes aren't that hard to do, just rename it, problem solved. Also would you like one of my gifs.:grin:

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
It's Prime because aesthetically the UI and design is most similar to Prime than anything else. Not to mention the chief use of first person perspective, namely on BlastBall.
Edit: Funnily enough, I remember someone making the prediction that BlastBall would be a Metroid Prime game because of these similarities, though this prediction was actually a joke by said person, lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Federation Force E3 2015 trailer has to be one of the most significant videos in history because of its huge dislike ratings difference.

That's a cruel, unfunny joke. I agree with renaming it to simply "Metroid: Federation Force", however.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The Federation Force E3 2015 trailer has to be one of the most significant videos in history because of its huge dislike ratings difference.

That's a cruel, unfunny joke. I agree with renaming it to simply "Metroid: Federation Force", however.
But what if Federation force was not dislike?:201v:That would mean,
Eggman confirmed cheater in golf at the Rio 2016 Olympic games!

Soul.

Nintendo should just disable the ratings. The salt will continue like always because people expect the good stuff.

I honestly want this E3 to be over already. It's Wednesday; Thursday is the last day. So yeah.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Nintendo should just disable the ratings. The salt will continue like always because people expect the good stuff.

I honestly want this E3 to be over already. It's Wednesday; Thursday is the last day. So yeah.
You could, you know, ignore E3 altogether. Saying that though, it's probably hard to ignore on the internet, lol.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wait, the E3 is still ongoing? I thought it was over with the (boring) PC conference.
I believe the conferences are over. The rest of E3 is for the public attendees to try out all the demos for new games, and probably interviews and discussions too. I'm jealous there's Star Fox pilot cockpits for SF-Zero demos.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's all relative

I still hate the prime games because they aren't what I thought a metroid game should be

Yet people seem to love the prime games and don't like this new game because it's not what they think a metroid should be. Not that I exceptionally like it either, same shooter crap and all.

Not to mention we all hate Other M

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Still urk'd about Bethesda not revealing TES 6. I really want to hear more about it. Supposedly it's going to take place in Argonia and being the lore-addict I am, am definitely interested in playing it. Argonians have very little lore currently so the fact the next game might take place in their mother land is pretty exciting. I think we'll hear more about it next year for sure.

...Not that anyone here cares.

*cough* :younglinkmelee:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So, E3 is pretty much done. Imma score how I personally felt about each conference:

Bethesda = 7+/10
Microsoft = 8/10
EA = 6/10
Ubisoft = 7/10
Sony = 10/10
Nintendo = 6/10
Square Enix = 9/10

Overall = 8/10, too much leaks tho

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So it seems Metroid is on the same level as Mario...
Because they were the only two franchises in the NWC to have two games of their franchise in there :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom