• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I remember jamming to this song back in Brawl, even before I knew what AC was.

Yeah, I got New Leaf for my Club Nintendo Platinum Reward, and that is a really accurate description.
It's just so easy to get lost in relaxation, especially when you have music like this:
Also gonna have to mention 7 PM, 11 PM, 6 AM, 2 AM (Rainy), and 1 AM.
The Animal Crossing track in MK8 is my dream land

ARG I had to fix this post a bunch oh god

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
From what I've seen of the AC fans, they're generally pretty accepting people.
I've never really seen them act up too much.
Metroid fans on the other hand, are very bipolar.
One second, they're very optimistic and pleasant, but the next, they're pessimistic as hell, rude ********, and pains in the necks.

Of course, I'm not generalizing here. As usual, this is not all Metroid fans, just the vocal majority. (From what I've seen)
Metroid fans are so freaking... Ugh. Bipolar would be a good way to describe it...

Even before OM things were increasingly becoming divided since Prime. Even after release people were divided on it because of the tank controls and sequence breaking which was put in a more public view and further exasperated by the PAL version being patched to heck. 2 came along and patched things even more, didn't do squat for the controls, and added the questionable light and dark world mechanic. 3 took the control problem in a different direction with the Wiimote, made the game just about unbreakable and incredibly linear, and combat was veiwed as trivialized or much too difficult with the hypermode mechanic with no real in-between. Around this point people were upset with the lack of 2D Metroid, and then Ridley being a boss in Brawl. I think we all remember what happened next.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Metroid fans are so freaking... Ugh. Bipolar would be a good way to describe it...

Even before OM things were increasingly becoming divided since Prime. Even after release people were divided on it because of the tank controls and sequence breaking which was put in a more public view and further exasperated by the PAL version being patched to heck. 2 came along and patched things even more, didn't do squat for the controls, and added the questionable light and dark world mechanic. 3 took the control problem in a different direction with the Wiimote, made the game just about unbreakable and incredibly linear, and combat was veiwed as trivialized or much too difficult with the hypermode mechanic with no real in-between. Around this point people were upset with the lack of 2D Metroid, and then Ridley being a boss in Brawl. I think we all remember what happened next.
ok, i understand the story behind sm and it;s actually the reasons the term "any%" exists in speedruns.

BUT WHAT IS THIS THING TO REVIEW A GAME BY ITS SPEEDRUN POTENTIAL??????

You don;t do this, speedrun is like, another universe, TTYD is awesome normally, but it kinda sucks in speedruns.

WHAT?

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Hmmm, I'm really itching to make something silly in photoshop for my next thing (smash related still) and then get back to doctors.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
ok, i understand the story behind sm and it;s actually the reasons the term "any%" exists in speedruns.

BUT WHAT IS THIS THING TO REVIEW A GAME BY ITS SPEEDRUN POTENTIAL??????

You don;t do this, speedrun is like, another universe, TTYD is awesome normally, but it kinda sucks in speedruns.

WHAT?
It's not about speedrunning directly. It's about replay value. Being able to take different routes, and challenging yourself to get times/low item completion adds a ton of it. Kinda like with Zelda going from SS to ALBW, but not really since you'll end up doing everything exactly the same but only in a different order.

And TTYD has had plenty of speedrunning attention lately, with a major glitch found and an old one put to use in a new way. Tricks aren't exactly speedrun friendly and TICKTICKTICKTICK is even more of a problem but eh.

I'm having a climax over animal crossing, nothing new here
I've learned two things about OboromuramaAlpaca today, he's a she, and she really likes Animal Crossing. :estatic:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
More fun stuff about Roy if you guys have not found out yet: His up B has super armor!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, I have to be one of the few people interested in that new Metroid game. I know it's not exactly what people were hoping for, but it seems alright.

Still Star Fox and Paper Jam are the games that take a big part of my interest. That Triforce heroes games seems pretty solid too.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What if.. Outset Island was a track in Mario Kart?
Start at the pier (Where Tetra's ship is), go past the houses and to the bridge, either cross the bridge (straight path with coins) or go through the water (Some hazards and item boxes), Drive past more houses (Hazard: Giant Black pig is sometimes in the road), drive up the hill leading to the bridge (possible Anti-grav section), either cross the bridge or drive up one of the rocks and take the glider across (Homage to using deku leaf to glide to the forest when the bridge is out)[item boxes for bridge, coins for glider segment], weave through the forest (some sharp turns), drive into a hole in the ground through the great fairy's fountain (Sometimes she throws coins onto the track)[reference to how the Outset great fairy was the one who upgraded the wallet], drive into a cave section inside outset island, then come out on the alcove where the big stone head is. enter a big hole into a straight downward anti-grav vertical section that passes through the floors of the savage labyrinth (Hazards: chu-chus stuck to the walls, flame pillars that come from columns), go back into regular gravity and come out of the side of the cliff and into the water outside of Outset (Below the pot that has 100 rupees in it), drive through the water and come out on the beach near the three boats, drive past Grandma's house (Where she and Aryll will be waving to you) and straight to the pier.

Bonuses: Have the mailman standing by a bouncing mailbox, have many seagulls perched on Arylls lookout, and put a Big Octo in the distance. Don't forget the Snot Kid. Put the telescope guy up by the bridge, and have him look at the big octo.

How does that sound for an Outset Island MK8 Course?

I think you mean invincibility, like many Uspecials have.

Doesn't matter much since he's practically Little Mac 2.0 in terms of recovery. Chuck, bop, ded.
Not really, no.
Recovering with Roy isn't that hard, you just have to do it right.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Man, I have to be one of the few people interested in that new Metroid game. I know it's not exactly what people were hoping for, but it seems alright.

Still Star Fox and Paper Jam are the games that take a big part of my interest. That Triforce heroes games seems pretty solid too.
Seeing how Triforce Heroes has wifi play, I'm going to be on it a lot
Start at the pier (Where Tetra's ship is), go past the houses and to the bridge, either cross the bridge (straight path with coins) or go through the water (Some hazards and item boxes), Drive past more houses (Hazard: Giant Black pig is sometimes in the road), drive up the hill leading to the bridge (possible Anti-grav section), either cross the bridge or drive up one of the rocks and take the glider across (Homage to using deku leaf to glide to the forest when the bridge is out)[item boxes for bridge, coins for glider segment], weave through the forest (some sharp turns), drive into a hole in the ground through the great fairy's fountain (Sometimes she throws coins onto the track)[reference to how the Outset great fairy was the one who upgraded the wallet], drive into a cave section inside outset island, then come out on the alcove where the big stone head is. enter a big hole into a straight downward anti-grav vertical section that passes through the floors of the savage labyrinth (Hazards: chu-chus stuck to the walls, flame pillars that come from columns), go back into regular gravity and come out of the side of the cliff and into the water outside of Outset (Below the pot that has 100 rupees in it), drive through the water and come out on the beach near the three boats, drive past Grandma's house (Where she and Aryll will be waving to you) and straight to the pier.

Bonuses: Have the mailman standing by a bouncing mailbox, have many seagulls perched on Arylls lookout, and put a Big Octo in the distance. Don't forget the Snot Kid. Put the telescope guy up by the bridge, and have him look at the big octo.

How does that sound for an Outset Island MK8 Course?
I. love. it.

I closed my eyes and imagined everything. I'm shocked I know the layout of the island so good but oh god I love this idea

Well I'm off to bed. Here is music from one of my obsessions
Good night you all

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I. love. it.

I closed my eyes and imagined everything. I'm shocked I know the layout of the island so good but oh god I love this idea

Good night you all
For the record, in case none of you remember where the pot with 100 rupees is, that's to be expected, because you could only find it using the Tingle Tuner.
Another cool reference would be to put Tingle above that ledge with his balloon and have him holding the tingle tuner.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's not about speedrunning directly. It's about replay value. Being able to take different routes, and challenging yourself to get times/low item completion adds a ton of it. Kinda like with Zelda going from SS to ALBW, but not really since you'll end up doing everything exactly the same but only in a different order.

And TTYD has had plenty of speedrunning attention lately, with a major glitch found and an old one put to use in a new way. Tricks aren't exactly speedrun friendly and TICKTICKTICKTICK is even more of a problem but eh.

I've learned two things about OboromuramaAlpaca today, he's a she, and she really likes Animal Crossing. :estatic:
I actually found that old glitch called bookcase jump :) This isn't a joke.

But TTYD don't have a bright futur imo, this game is so solid and I glitch hunted it for like 6 months.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not really, no.
Recovering with Roy isn't that hard, you just have to do it right.
It's really that bad. Marth has Nspecial for long distances, Sspecial acts kinda like a cape, and Uspecial is basically instant and thus virtually impossible to intercept. Custom Nspecial Dashing Assault is godly even if just for how good it makes his recovery.
Roy has none of that. Just a normal Uspecial that can either be average at horizontal and poor at vertical or average at vertical and no horizontal, combined with his fast fall speed makes him ludicrously easy to gimp.
I actually found that old glitch called bookcase jump :) This isn't a joke.

But TTYD don't have a bright futur imo, this game is so solid and I glitch hunted it for like 6 months.
Wait, you're a runner or something?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Direct, now with Mexican Music :troll:

I hope they reuse the muppets in a future presentation

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I. love. it.

Good night you all
That's what really makes me interested in it. It has online play. The other games required some Gameboy link cables. Hopfully I can stay as Red Link.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's what really makes me interested in it. It has online play. The other games required some Gameboy link cables. Hopfully I can stay as Red Link.
If you see a link pom poming every second he can, that is probably me

Dont throw me in a hole I'm useful, I swear

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's really that bad. Marth has Nspecial for long distances, Sspecial acts kinda like a cape, and Uspecial is basically instant and thus virtually impossible to intercept. Custom Nspecial Dashing Assault is godly even if just for how good it makes his recovery.
Roy has none of that. Just a normal Uspecial that can either be average at horizontal and poor at vertical or average at vertical and no horizontal, combined with his fast fall speed makes him ludicrously easy to gimp.

Wait, you're a runner or something?
well, there's runners like almo (I actually am a mod in his chat) and glitch hunters who get an emu and a ram sestch to figure out how the game works logically to try to break tjis logic.

I am the later, people usually don't know what is glitch hunting because it's uncommon to do it but I personnaly LOVE to do this.

I know A LOT on ttyd because of this :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Did they make it so the second battle in Classic 9.0 is always a team battle? I've lost in the second round so many times with the DLC characters already, and it's always been Team Battle. >_>

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did they make it so the second battle in Classic 9.0 is always a team battle? I've lost in the second round so many times with the DLC characters already, and it's always been Team Battle. >_>
Team battles in 9.0 are hilariously bad, during one run my teammate; Greninja self-destructed after like 5 seconds lmao

D

Deleted member

It doesn't look awful or anything. Totally understand it wasn't what people were expecting.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I feel legit sad for LeBron, he looks like he's about to cry

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Finally watched the Direct. I see a lot of people were disappointed(not here though since no one's currently talking about it lmao), but I liked it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Team battles in 9.0 are hilariously bad, during one run my teammate; Greninja self-destructed after like 5 seconds lmao
Team battles are ridiculous on Classic 9.0 on 3DS. My partner can never even get a single hit in. -_-

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If I sell equipment in Smash, do I have to collect it again for it to count towards the 'collect all gear' challenge, or does having it once count?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are you hyped guys? Less than a year until E3 2016!

I've been a little annoyed lately. Recently I've been getting video ads that start playing by themselves on Smashboards. I hate it when I'm watching a video in another tab, only to hear something about insurance or whatever over the top of it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Team battles are ridiculous on Classic 9.0 on 3DS. My partner can never even get a single hit in. -_-
And that's why it took me 21 attempts to complete 9.0 with :4zelda:
A lot of bs happens, like a Hammer appearing just in front of your opponent

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
well, there's runners like almo (I actually am a mod in his chat) and glitch hunters who get an emu and a ram sestch to figure out how the game works logically to try to break tjis logic.

I am the later, people usually don't know what is glitch hunting because it's uncommon to do it but I personnaly LOVE to do this.

I know A LOT on ttyd because of this :)
Wow, never knew that about you... Explains a lot though. Been aware of the speedrunning community and it's intricacies for a while though, got sucked into it because I was looking for an easy way to get S ranks and stuff in MMZ.

Finally watched the Direct. I see a lot of people were disappointed(not here though since no one's currently talking about it lmao), but I liked it.
It would of been pretty good if it were a normal direct. But at E3? I mean, the biggest announcements were Zelda and Metroid spin-offs and M&LPJ. Those three games alone would be a pretty cool direct, but at E3 when we're in a bit of a drought for both systems and people are expecting something huge that we haven't even heard of yet (like a new 3D Mario) it's easy to see why people were left wanting more.

If I sell equipment in Smash, do I have to collect it again for it to count towards the 'collect all gear' challenge, or does having it once count?
Only Mii hats, Mii clothing, and custom specials count for the check.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
It would of been pretty good if it were a normal direct. But at E3? I mean, the biggest announcements were Zelda and Metroid spin-offs and M&LPJ. Those three games alone would be a pretty cool direct, but at E3 when we're in a bit of a drought for both systems and people are expecting something huge that we haven't even heard of yet (like a new 3D Mario) it's easy to see why people were left wanting more.
So I take it people are disappointed here too?

Soul.

Because we were expecting hype worthy stuff when they clearly said that their E3 this year would involve games that come out in 2015. :glare:

Really though, this E3 was lackluster [in general]. Hoping 2016 is better.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If they're disappointed they're certainly not as vocal about it. The hate on other sites is infinite.
On this thread I saw people liking stuff, on other sites each tiny little detail saw 200+ comments of hate.
People may be disappointed but at least here people have been (mostly) civil.

I found the Digital Event lackluster but Nintendo's stuff before hand was pretty hype worthy. I think Nintendo really just gave us another Nintendo Direct, when for E3, we needed the bombs to be dropped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom