• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

View attachment 57219
I just wanted to post this gif. Sorry.

But yeah, the Metroid fanbase is dumb. Disliking a game like this is really immature. It's only a game, they can choose to not buy it. They never were like this when Metroid Pinball on the DS was out. It's not the first time a spin off for Metroid came out on a handheld console.
You said it. Agreed x9000.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I never cared about Metroid but the people really forgot to not judge a book by it's cover
Remember when Wind Waker got first revealed? The game got lot of backlash, even I have an official Nintendo Magazine of that year blasting the game because the childish look it had, but after WW got released all those negative opinions disappeared of course
The case with this Metroid is really similar, but the backlash is a lot bigger thanks to social media.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I never cared about Metroid but the people really forgot to not judge a book by it's cover
Remember when Wind Waker got first revealed? The game got lot of backlash, even I have an official Nintendo Magazine of that year blasting the game because the childish look it had, but after WW got released all those negative opinions disappeared of course
The case with this Metroid is really similar, but the backlash is a lot bigger thanks to social media.
Yeah, and yet The Wind Waker got an HD remake and the new "Tri Force Heroes" game will be the 7th Zelda game to use the "Toon" artstyle.

Soul.

Social media should not exist. It leads to people wasting 100 characters doing nothing but complain and then they have to post another message with tags and hashtags because Twitter is the norm now, right guys?

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Social media should not exist. It leads to people wasting 100 characters doing nothing but complaining and then they have to post another message with tags and hashtags because Twitter is the norm now, right guys?
It has its positives, but it's often toxic considering the amount of people that love to create conflict without fear of being provoked in real life (unless they screw up, of course.)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah, and yet The Wind Waker got an HD remake and the new "Tri Force Heroes" game will be the 7th Zelda game to use the "Toon" artstyle.
Now lets Imagine if Wind Waker didn't appeared in 2001-2002 and all the portable Zelda games had an Oracle style (or any other style that is not the Toon one) and on this year... a trailer of Wind Waker gets announced, thus debuting the Toon style

People on Twitter would be like: "Y is nintendu makin too many kids gamesz!", "Link looks like Shin Shan!", "Zelda is ded!"

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't know if I like the title Fire Emblem: If or Fire Emblem: Fate more

Ironically my hands slipped and typed Final Fantasy both times. Must be VII running on my mind

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Me right now;
These RPGs never end

Last edited:

Soul.

It has its positives, but it's often toxic considering the amount of people that love to create conflict without fear of being provoked in real life (unless they screw up, of course.)
To each their own; personally I just think it shouldn't exist, but then again, lots of people use it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I kind of want to play FE: Awakening, but I've already spent money on so much s*** recently. Not mention the 80 games sitting on my Steam library. I gotta save my money for Comic-con and my holiday to WDW in September.

To each their own; personally I just think it shouldn't exist, but then again, lots of people use it.
And because of that, it will never go away.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Totally acceptable.

UNACCEPTAAAAABLE !!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE !
It hurts how true this is. Poor developpers looking at their game getting hate from everyone.
Federation Force looks like Halo but actually gives you a good feeling to play on...:4shulk:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 57219
I just wanted to post this gif. Sorry.

But yeah, the Metroid fanbase is dumb. Disliking a game like this is really immature. It's only a game, they can choose to not buy it. They never were like this when Metroid Pinball on the DS was out. It's not the first time a spin off for Metroid came out on a handheld console.
And I am stealing that gif from you

T

Trick or Treat

I kind of want to play FE: Awakening, but I've already spent money on so much s*** recently. Not mention the 80 games sitting on my Steam library. I gotta save my money for Comic-con and my holiday to WDW in September.
It is worth it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It is worth it.
I might keep money aside for a copy to play on the 8-hour plane flight to Florida. I was originally gonna do that for M&L: Dream Team, but I might do that for Awakening instead. (Or maybe I'll get both because I hate choosing.)

T

Trick or Treat

Everyone, pretty much literally, at my job keeps talking about how cute and this other girl would be together. And a bunch of them have been wanting to set us up. This is a whole new experience for me. :s

I might keep money aside for a copy to play on the 8-hour plane flight to Florida. I was originally gonna do that for M&L: Dream Team, but I might do that for Awakening instead. (Or maybe I'll get both because I hate choosing.)
I have bought two copies of the game. So I highly recommend it and can say that it is worth it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
They're showing off Blast Ball...

Chat is being disgusting as always.
'Someone should make a petition against that petition.'
I don't know about you, but that actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Especially now that other petition goes into the final 100.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Everyone, pretty much literally, at my job keeps talking about how cute and this other girl would be together. And a bunch of them have been wanting to set us up. This is a whole new experience for me. :s
Doesn't hurt to give it a shot, unless you're not interested?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't know about you, but that actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Especially now that other petition goes into the final 100.
Compared to the cancerous amount of votes the former has, we wouldn't stand a chance.

Besides, [whiny] change petitions have little effect on the developers.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Compared to the cancerous amount of votes the former has, we wouldn't stand a chance.

Besides, [whiny] change petitions have little effect on the developers.
I know, but it was worth a thought. :p
And when are you switching back to Woody? You're confusing me!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We got some more FE: Fates news from the treehouse. In an earlier conversation, we were wondering how long each of the two games would be. They had just confirmed that each game is 28 chapters long, which puts it below only FE7, FE9, FE10 and FE12 if you include the prologue. So it looks like no matter which game you choose, we're going to get a pretty good sized experience for both.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I know, but it was worth a thought. :p
And when are you switching back to Woody? You're confusing me!
On Friday since Pixar's Inside Out will be released in the US.

Don't worry, Woody will return soon. :estatic:

T

Trick or Treat

Doesn't hurt to give it a shot, unless you're not interested?
I am very interested. I have a crush on her actually.

The problem is, I am pretty sure she is straight...

I would sign it.

I will admit, when I first saw the reveal of the game, my initial reaction wasn't the most positive. Not as negative as most people, but not a positive one. But now that I actually had time to process it and all, I actually am interested in buying the game. And I think it looks pretty cool.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Aww, that must be hard. At least your co-workers are nice enough to care about you.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
We got some more FE: Fates news from the treehouse. In an earlier conversation, we were wondering how long each of the two games would be. They had just confirmed that each game is 28 chapters long, which puts it below only FE7, FE9, FE10 and FE12 if you include the prologue. So it looks like no matter which game you choose, we're going to get a pretty good sized experience for both.
b78.gif

Hey, maybe it is worth to buy the two versions. With a game this big, two different versions is worth the price for all the work they did to the story. I'm not a fan of FE, but it's pretty impressive.

At least you found something to love.
I still found nothing since before my depression and I feel like a tramp in this world.

T

Trick or Treat

Excuse me while I squee.

Aww, that must be hard. At least your co-workers are nice enough to care about you.
Yeah...I do appreciate that. But it would be embarassing if she found out I liked her >///<

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

:smirk: Play your cards right and she might swap sides.

Joking aside, if your co-workers are encouraging you, you may as well play along. There's only 2 outcomes you can expect out of a first date: It will work or it will not work.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Obviously that's not taking into account potential Gaiden/Side story chapters. :p

It's been confirmed for a while now but at least some people worrying about the 2 game release can be put at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom