• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Saw the direct and I was impressed. I didn't expect much, save for Star Fox U, but I really liked Nintendo's presentation. I had the chance to lurk the past pages and I'll write my own thoughts:

People who took this event as "the worst E3 evar111!!!" were simply expecting too much and let the hype get the best of them. I understand most of us had games in mind we wanted to see. I, myself, would have liked to see F-Zero make a dramatic return but we really don't know what goes on at Nintendo. They have things planned that we never even imagined. To get angry over the lack of your expected games and to berate others is going against Nintendo's philosophy for their fans. We all grew up with the characters and each of us connect with different franchises offered. It's one thing to be disappointed after the direct but it's a completely different thing to act entitled over a company presenting new content to the point where you chide other fans for their interest.

In short, it may have not fulfilled all of our desires but that doesn't mean we need to act like a bunch of jerks on the internet.
v06N8.gif

Bravo, my good sir ! Those were some wise words that needed to be said.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
After everything that's happen, directs and conferences, it was somewhat worth it.

Good day all. I'm off.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think Nintendo did us a favor by not showing too many new stuff because they now our wallets got murdered for collecting Amiibos :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
- Metroid. My God, Metroid. Look, when that Space Ball game was shown at the NWC, it looked like a fun little game forming its own IP. NOW, though, seeing that it's supposed to be a Metroid game? That doesn't even have Samus in it? Metroid had a spinoff before. Metroid Prime Pinball. THAT was a Metroid spin off done right. This is an insult. It's not even a Metroid game, dammit. The last Metroid game came out five years ago and left a bad taste in many mouths due to Samus' portrayal and linear design. They finally had a shot to make up for Other M and blew it big time. Guess Samus still won't get her dues...I swear, if this is the only "Metroid" game happening on the series' 30th anniversary, they goofed big time. This was the only thing to make me more mad than SMTxFE, and it takes a lot to do that.
Here's how I see it.
To me, it's a lot like what happened with Street Fighter 2010. Objectively, it doesn't look awful. Hell, I'll probably buy it. Sure, it's not the best looking, but for a small little game to play with your friends it's not bad.

The problem is the "Metroid tagline". Maybe if it was more of its own thing people wouldn't have minded. Heck, I could argue it would've been well liked. But as of right now it's not Metroid. And people are going to continue seeing it as just that.
If anything, that's what killed it.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Saw the direct and I was impressed. I didn't expect much, save for Star Fox U, but I really liked Nintendo's presentation. I had the chance to lurk the past pages and I'll write my own thoughts:

People who took this event as "the worst E3 evar111!!!" were simply expecting too much and let the hype get the best of them. I understand most of us had games in mind we wanted to see. I, myself, would have liked to see F-Zero make a dramatic return but we really don't know what goes on at Nintendo. They have things planned that we never even imagined. To get angry over the lack of your expected games and to berate others is going against Nintendo's philosophy for their fans. We all grew up with the characters and each of us connect with different franchises offered. It's one thing to be disappointed after the direct but it's a completely different thing to act entitled over a company presenting new content to the point where you chide other fans for their interest.

In short, it may have not fulfilled all of our desires but that doesn't mean we need to act like a bunch of jerks on the internet.
>Space Stranger being sane
What the hell is this witchcraft

Jokes aside, beautiful post, man.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Gosh, the more i see this, the more i think that my reaction of other opinion was bad. Damn, this is the most sadness moment for me on this forum since the closure of the Funny image thread and the end of the Dank Memes period. I just want to talk with you guys and be happy i swear. :(

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think we're entitled to have extremely high expectations, given this is E3 after all. Many people are rightfully disappointed.

Not the worst E3 though

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Paper Jam alone was worth the price of admission.
Wait, you can play that at E3!?
BULL**** I WANNA PLAY :mad:
Well then again, I'd have to fly all the way there and pay admission for a game I didn't know was gonna be there anyway :chuckle:

Man I want a Free Demo to come out for that game soon, I wanna try it out~ :tired:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just remember guys, even if you disliked this year's E3...

.....there's always worse.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope we get some Paper Jam music soon.... because it's almost sure that it will get a Space Jam remix :yeahboi:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
How big do you think the chances are Rosalina is in Paper Jam? Looking at her popularity, it's only a matter of time before she appears in the RPG series as well, I think.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Just remember guys, even if you disliked this year's E3...

.....there's always worse.
Not to mention, you can begin to look forward to next year, since this year is arguably easy to top. Zelda Wii U and Nintendo NX, after all...

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
My only gripe about Nintendo was that it felt short compared to last year.
All the games shown were amazing or at the very least intriguing.
I'm REALLY DIGGING Super Mario Maker.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
This is the first E3 I ever watched.
Sad.
But Paper Jam and Yoshi tho

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
even if I noitced.....i found the animation extremely weird.

like, it won;t chnage my stance of not buying the game, I will jsut check refferences after release because paper mario, but it has M&L at the core so no....
Seeing as how I love M&L amd PM, I can't wait to get the game!
The only problem that I currently have is that I need to see more than just a rehash of the gimmick of PM: SS' first level.
Collecting Toads.
When the game comes out, we'll see if they do the series' justice.
Not until 2016 though.
I literally started breathing quickly and sorta got up from my chair wen Paper Jam came up.
In class.
I got lucky tho :yeahboi:
Also, Yoshi in SMM makes me so happy :yoshimelee:
Did you not see him on Sunday?
He showed up in the Nintendo World Championships.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Man, you could at least try to play the demo. You have all the rights to not play the game, but you could at least make an effort by playing the game again with your favorite series in it.

Also, try to not write super fast, you make a lot of typos. It doesn't make people want to read your posts sometimes, at least here.
I know but believe me, my alerts box is just exploding, I have to type fast.

demo, sure, because it's free, but it won;t likely change my dislike of M&L and being in the core, it likwly won;t change it, I actually tried the demo of dream team.....not my tastes and thig trailer shows at 100%, it's M&L featuring paper mario, not the opposite, but I still will care about what the game will implies.....it's actually still worth looking because it implies great stuff for the paper mario series even if it's nto from the series.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The only problem that I currently have is that I need to see more than just a rehash of the gimmick of PM: SS' first level.
Collecting Toads.
Not until 2016 though.

I didnt watch the Championship.
What got me hyped is that you can play AS him.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Collecting Toads.
Not until 2016 though.

tbh, I wouldnt; worry for SS stuff, i spotted several gameplay that isnt; much SS.....in fact, I think this is nothign like SS, onyl little coincidences.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
tbh, I wouldnt; worry for SS stuff, i spotted several gameplay that isnt; much SS.....in fact, I think this is nothign like SS, onyl little coincidences.
On the bright side, airplane Mario is returning! :yoshi2:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Why couldn't they have at least showed a Zelda teaser
They already said that Zelda U was skipping E3, mate.

@Dromader the Knuckles SFV Live footage
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

Doesn't mean that they should just drop the feature altogether
Expand on it. Make it better.
Or they could put all their efforts to the parts that actually matter. Don't want it to pull another LMDM with it's terrible half-***ed online modes.

Soul.

Well, all I can say is that if E3 2015 is bad, E3 2008 is probably the worst of them all.
Just hope E3 2016 is better for all companies involved. Perhaps.. we might finally know what the **** the NX is in next year's E3.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's how I see it.
To me, it's a lot like what happened with Street Fighter 2010. Objectively, it doesn't look awful. Hell, I'll probably buy it. Sure, it's not the best looking, but for a small little game to play with your friends it's not bad.

The problem is the "Metroid tagline". Maybe if it was more of its own thing people wouldn't have minded. Heck, I could argue it would've been well liked. But as of right now it's not Metroid. And people are going to continue seeing it as just that.
If anything, that's what killed it.
Pretty much what I think. It just seems like the Metroid title was such an afterthought. Why not make it its own IP? If it were its own thing I'd be fine with it. Neat little multiplayer thing. But to see it being passed off as a Metroid game just ruins it for me. :/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Things to expect at E3 from Nintendo any given year:

Long awaited franchise returns but gets largely ignored/overshadowed by something else.

Complaints about too many Mario/Pokemon games.

Insistence that E3 was a sham because Metroid/F-Zero/Zelda/Smash Bros didn't show up.

At least two Mario games.

Something in the presentation or said gets made into a meme.

New IP that most people doubt.

Reggie goes on social media to make a blanket statement about incoming criticism.

People baffled why franchise with a new installment in the past year doesn't already have another game in the works.

Reggie being Reggie.

People saying Nintendo won/lost E3 no matter what was shown.

Casual game reveal that will sell stupidly well enrages fan base.

Nintendo spinning their wheels over lack of third party support.

Game's 2nd or 3rd appearance at an E3.

People holding out for a giant surprise reveal up until the final night of E3.

Game gets introduced that will be in development Hell for eons or ultimately cancelled.

Fans asking where something is despite Nintendo explicitly saying it wasn't going to be there.

Developer being really enthusiastic about a game most people don't care about.

Japanese game gets localized.

Fans wanting more Smash Bros announcements.

"Where's Mother 3?"

Forums and comment sections becoming warzones.

Franchise takes a different approach, riots ensue.

Unexpected crossover that thrills/disgusts fans.

Miyamoto just being super happy as always.

Nintendo releases something in the middle of a presentation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom