• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It would be better if the thread was closed for a week or something. Just to drop it. People will be people; salt, tears and freude-laden things will always be present.
My opinion, though.
A week is a bit too excessive.
People are full of NaCl, sure, but a week is a bit too long.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Paper Mario's noticing Luigi.

I love how @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 pointed out that Paper Mario is just Mario but in a paper style
But then this happens
So they're technically not the same Mario
Ho-Hum.
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but from Luigi's perspective, and the 3-dimensional physics of Super Paper Mario, all he sees is a paper thin edge belonging to Paper Mario. So Luigi can't tell. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So I caught up with everything.

The page was enough to get my heart pounding. I have no idea how this E3 was terrible...

:231:
So there's 22 Wii U games for 13 3DS games.
Yeah, too much 3DS games guys, the Wii U gets no love whatsoever. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I caught up with everything.

The page was enough to get my heart pounding. I have no idea how this E3 was terrible...

I don't either. Nintendo wasn't that bad IMO.
It's Ubisoft and EA that deserve to be blasted. The day Ubisoft put a musical number in a presentation was the day E3 2015 died.

EA had... well...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Paper Jam only comes out in 2016
*cries*
Me too bruh. :(
Also i change my avatar for reflecting how i am with what Opossum do. (Also because my message was again the last on the previous page). Also it's my first time using Gimp for enter text into a image. Prepare for more in the futur.:4ryu:

Soul.

Hope that's clear.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So... I don't want to sound too greedy after getting three more characters, but any additional Smash news?

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hope that's clear.
Poor Iwata, he knew the direct was too weak compared to what they did during the last few days and now feels bad about it. Iwata is too pure for this world, just like the Yarny dev' in the EA thingy at E3 this year.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hope that's clear.
I thought the gamers were supposed to 'Please Understand'. What irony is this? :wario:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but from Luigi's perspective, and the 3-dimensional physics of Super Paper Mario, all he sees is a paper thin edge belonging to Paper Mario. So Luigi can't tell. :4pacman:
Well they are in a 3D enviroment, so Luigi can just take a few steps to his right and see his flat bro
Because I'm pretty sure Paper Mario wouldn't go the whole game without telling Luigi that he's Paper Mario and not Mario's Magical Piece of Paper

I also love how Paper Mario actually uses his curses to his advantage (Which @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 probably noticed) such as turning into the Airplane form to help the Real Bros. avoid attacks

Maybe we'll see more of his abilities put to use, or maybe even partners from past games!

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Well...um...that was something.

Direct was ok. Had Star Fox, Mario Maker, MARIO AND LUIGI PAPER JAM, and nice skits. Others were a hit or miss. Those last few pages though...

I really hope I never see that again. Those last pages were so cringy to look through. There's showing disappointment for something, but then...there was some of the reactions. Some people need to realize that Nintendo also had Smash, the championship, and the upcoming treehouse. Combined together, Nintendo did pretty alright.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After buying some groceries and getting my cash stolen at a gas station, here's my breakdown

HELL YEAH MUPPETS

SF Zero looks really cool, and I like it is prequel of Assault and maybe Adventures, and the walking Arwings look hilarious, and I hope they implement more vehicles or variations before the game gets released

Those DK and Bowser amiibos look boss, and for a moment I thought there was going to be a new Mario Strikers for the style of Magma Bowser (I would liked Giga Bowser instead imo)

Im still getting the Nohr side of Fire Emblem because I want an edgy Aqua lol
SMTxFE still looks odd to me, but the increasing fanservice is not new, and Im sure it will have a deep plot
Yokai Watch bored me, and probably the franchise will flop in this continent, specially because it was called a "Pokémon killer"

The new Metroid indeed feels like Hunters 2.0, but I can't judge it with only a minute of footage

Yoshi's games never attracted me, but I like this one, but I hope the high difficulty is not only replaying levels to collect stuff

I don't know much about Animal Crossing, but the games look really calm and entretaining, I don't like the idea of an Amiibo based game but lets see how it works....Resetti Amiibo plz

Triforce Heroes looks meh if you play it alone, but it can be really entretaining when playing with friends of course, specially with the Totem Mechanic.
HW: Legends is a must buy for me, I had a blast playing the Wii U version and having it on the go is great.... specially because I can take Cia with me anywhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PMxM&L looks so wild and interesting, and the idea looks fresh... and increases the chances of having the paper plumber juming to other worlds.... like Smash of course
Mario Tennis looks okay and I hope they put more absurd power ups for massive craziness

Super Mario Maker is HYPE for me, specially after the NWC
And Im really okay with this being the game to celebrate Mario's 30th anniversary, like Reggie said, it give the essence of classic Mario platforming to the player and that's a nice present to celebrate the 30 years of Red Luigi + The Amiibo functionality for the lelz + and the calling to Social Media to be part of the celebration

It felt like a recap of previous shown stuff, thus being underwhelming, but hey, we had the Championships and the Smash Direct in previous days, so Nintendo already delivered this season.

It is hard to every company to do hype stuff constantly, even for Nintendo, but when they're ready they'll give the hype in another Direct, because like I said before, that's how they work and they rarely disspoint.

Bonus: Land of Confusion by Genesis started to play when I saw the Muppets lmao

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well they are in a 3D enviroment, so Luigi can just take a few steps to his right and see his flat bro
Because I'm pretty sure Paper Mario wouldn't go the whole game without telling Luigi that he's Paper Mario and not Mario's Magical Piece of Paper

I also love how Paper Mario actually uses his curses to his advantage (Which @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 probably noticed) such as turning into the Airplane form to help the Real Bros. avoid attacks

Maybe we'll see more of his abilities put to use, or maybe even partners from past games!
even if I noitced.....i found the animation extremely weird.

like, it won;t chnage my stance of not buying the game, I will jsut check refferences after release because paper mario, but it has M&L at the core so no....

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
All hell broke loose and people who told people to stop being annoying got infractions.
I didnt...
Poor Iwata, he knew the direct was too weak compared to what they did during the last few days and now feels bad about it. Iwata is too pure for this world, just like the Yarny dev' in the EA thingy at E3 this year.
"too pure"
@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , you know what to do...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Let me add some fun in this thread again:
Kamiya's like a real life tsundere...

So Square Enix did a thing.

Enjoy your new nightmares. They'll go well with the puppets.
The mask is of Emil after something happens to the poor kid in Nier. Kid looked like this before he became that. Considering Cavia made Drakengard and Nier, it's no surprise weird stuff happens.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

So only game in the West, huh? @ Space Stranger Space Stranger @ praline praline @all FE fans
I'm glad to hear that, personally I wanted the choice made to be informed rather then based on purchase, so it's nice that they went this route rather then splitting them up. Plus, it means that I can give Hoshido a chance after I play the much more superior Nohr.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man i feel so bad right now. I was pretty hype for M&L Paper Jam but all this down my hype meter to 20. Hope that what happen will never happen again. So.......Do we need some music here?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, oh what is this?
Man i feel so bad right now. I was pretty hype for M&L Paper Jam but all this down my hype meter to 20. Hope that what happen will never happen again. So.......Do we need some music here?
You know you are making more hype for M&L: Paper Jam? Lets stay hype together

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My Thoughts: A Breakdown

Let's start with some positives.

+ Let's address the opening: Muppet-styled puppetry. Easily one of my favorite things here. There is no arguing here. Definitely contributes a full point to my score.

+ Mario Maker has amiibo functions that allow you to play as other characters. Chibi Marth and Wii Fit Trainer are adorable.

+ STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FOOOOOOOOOOOX. Easily the show-stealer. This game looks great. Definitely a must-have. Plus, Chicken Walker from the abandoned Star Fox 2. That's such a neat callback.

+ Fire Emblem if becomes Fire Emblem Fates! A little bit of gameplay and an interesting trailer to boot.

+ Isabelle and potentially KK Slider are now on my Amiibos-I-Want list.

+ Paper Mario x Mario and Luigi looks HYPE. And "Paper Jam" as the title? Literally laughed out loud when that happened. Props, Ninty.

Neutral Stuff!

o Mario Tennis Wii U. I think this is only like, what, the second Mario Sports title on Wii U? After Sports Mix? Never mind that was Wii. Probably not gonna buy it, but cool.

o Charity work!

And now the Negatives...

- "Developer's Stories". I liked the Star Fox one. It made sense. That was their big reveal, so it made sense to have one. But having one for Zelda? Yoshi? Mario Maker? They were needless filler, IMO.

- SMTxFE or whatever it's called now. This game, even after seeing a bit of gameplay, just makes me mad. When you hold out on showing it for over a year and only sell it as Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, you have a LOT to live up to. And by showing a line up of past Fire Emblem and SMT heroes in the first teaser? And then making it "Pop Star! Anime Idol Bash! Feat. Horrid Fire Emblem Redesigns" to boot. My poor Chrom...edge isn't a good look for you, old friend. The Fire Emblem stuff just seems tacked on at the end. That and I was never a fan of JPop at all, so it's even more disappointing to me. Such missed potential.

- Metroid. My God, Metroid. Look, when that Space Ball game was shown at the NWC, it looked like a fun little game forming its own IP. NOW, though, seeing that it's supposed to be a Metroid game? That doesn't even have Samus in it? Metroid had a spinoff before. Metroid Prime Pinball. THAT was a Metroid spin off done right. This is an insult. It's not even a Metroid game, dammit. The last Metroid game came out five years ago and left a bad taste in many mouths due to Samus' portrayal and linear design. They finally had a shot to make up for Other M and blew it big time. Guess Samus still won't get her dues...I swear, if this is the only "Metroid" game happening on the series' 30th anniversary, they goofed big time. This was the only thing to make me more mad than SMTxFE, and it takes a lot to do that.

- Lots of stuff we already knew. Woolly World and XCX (the latter of which I'm rather apathetic toward) in particular.

*Anything not listed at all I was too apathetic to care about. Note, this is NOT the same as neutrality.

So basically, my ranking? Based on the BIG stuff in my overview.

+ Mario Maker + Amiibos
+ STAR FOX YES WOO
+ Fire Emblem Fates stuff
+ Puppets

- Lack of new things
- SMTxFE
- The Game Formerly Known as Metroid

The few neat-o things were neat-o. But the last two negatives basically killed the show for me.

Over all? 4/10.

"Underwhelming" is how I'd describe it. Star Fox is nice. Amiibos are nice. Mario Maker, Fates, and Puppets were nice. But the lack of new things? SMTxFE not even looking good gameplay-wise enough to save its sinking ship in my eyes? That blatant slap in the face to Metroid fans when that could have easily been its own IP? Sour taste all around.

Still better than 2008 though. Wii Music, never forget.

Just my opinion though.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Even if I noticed.....I found the animation extremely weird.
Like, it won't change my stance of not buying the game, I will just check references after release because Paper Mario, but it has M&L at the core, so no....
Man, you could at least try to play the demo. You have all the rights to not play the game, but you could at least make an effort by playing the game again with your favorite series in it.

Also, try to not write super fast, you make a lot of typos. It doesn't make people want to read your posts sometimes, at least here.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Saw the direct and I was impressed. I didn't expect much, save for Star Fox U, but I really liked Nintendo's presentation. I had the chance to lurk the past pages and I'll write my own thoughts:

People who took this event as "the worst E3 evar111!!!" were simply expecting too much and let the hype get the best of them. I understand most of us had games in mind we wanted to see. I, myself, would have liked to see F-Zero make a dramatic return but we really don't know what goes on at Nintendo. They have things planned that we never even imagined. To get angry over the lack of your expected games and to berate others is going against Nintendo's philosophy for their fans. We all grew up with the characters and each of us connect with different franchises offered. It's one thing to be disappointed after the direct but it's a completely different thing to act entitled over a company presenting new content to the point where you chide other fans for their interest.

In short, it may have not fulfilled all of our desires but that doesn't mean we need to act like a bunch of jerks on the internet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
+ Fire Emblem if becomes Fire Emblem Fates! A little bit of gameplay and an interesting trailer to boot.

+ Paper Mario x Mario and Luigi looks HYPE. And "Paper Jam" as the title? Literally laughed out loud when that happened. Props, Ninty.
Only things I agree on

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I literally started breathing quickly and sorta got up from my chair wen Paper Jam came up.
In class.
I got lucky tho :yeahboi:
Also, Yoshi in SMM makes me so happy :yoshimelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom