• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Microsoft: lol
Sony: wow omg final fantasy vii so hype
EA: the best
Ubisoft: #girlwood
Nintendo: "This sucks"

Be grateful 2016 will be a better year. Lots of good games will come out, as well as the NX announcement.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The puppet thing got me thinking it would be amazing and top last year.

Then the actual presentation got me bored.

We got 6 new games. Now, that would be fine if they were really good games.

Let's have a look.
- Mario Tennis - This doesn't really count as a new game. Nobody gets excited for this. They just buy it because why not.
- Animal Crossing Buyamiibo Party U - 2sellout4me
- Metroid Something - So underwhelming. This isn't what we wanted from Metroid.
- Zelda 3 Sword - Looks pretty fun, but why 3? Why not 4?
- Hyrule Warriors 3DS - Looks great, but it was unfortunately leaked, which ruined the hype a bit.
- paper Mario & Luigi - GENIUS.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
With all the salt out of the way, neither Nintendo or the WiiU are dead or whatever. They just had a weak showing. I mean they dominated E3 for few years now, its only expected for them to slip up eventually.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
M&L is really good. This might be a way for you to finally get into the series. I'm so excited for Paper Jam.
M&L is good but I still don't understand why he doesn't like it. Its super fun and I'm going to buy paper jam 100% Guaranteed

Oh hey look another PlaniumGames... Game PlaniumGames sure is spreading

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Having :4link::4marth::4wiifit:in Mario Maker seems pretty awesome. Hopefully Peach/Rosalina/Toad/Yoshi/Wario will keep their abilities. Playing as Bowser.

Please have playable :4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu:. IDK if they really put that December release to good use, this could become the definitive amiibo game.
Can we actually play as Link, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer in Mario Maker? Or is that just for show?

Shog

Smash Ace
Man E3 was amazing. I was sold on the StarFox Zero game lol

and than

A NEW M&L GAME OH YEAH BABEH! With Paper Mario, how neat. I saw some Paper Mario fan ranting about that, but I know Paper Mario fans are entilted so not surprised
The Fight mechanics look amazing

Metroid was... T___T and killed the hype a little bit

Mario Maker looks like a lot of fun

TENNIS

I am hyped!

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

This seems like a good summary. Dat Mewtwo amiibo release.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not to be offensive, but did anybody else notice Super Mario Maker is coming out on September 11th?? 9/11.
why do people treat this day like a holiday :4pacman:
So who are we going to be able to play as in Mario Maker?
Luigi, Yoshi, Marth, Link, Isabelle, Wii Fit Trainer and maybe a few others
(Peach and Toad are probably agiven, and maybe Dr. Mario too)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not to be offensive, but did anybody else notice Super Mario Maker is coming out on September 11th?? 9/11.
After all these years that has past, no one should be offended if something else is happening on that day but some people are overly sensitive so.....

This seems like a good summary. Dat Mewtwo amiibo release.
Ooooh it was Amiibo FESTIVAL, not Carnival. Ooops Well I still want it

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Cross dressing Link was definitely my highlight from the event.

Also I think it should go without saying that Nintendo isn't "dead". It gets thrown around any year Nintendo has a bad showing and it's just absolute nonsense.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
With all the salt out of the way, neither Nintendo or the WiiU are dead or whatever. They just had a weak showing. I mean they dominated E3 for few years now, its only expected for them to slip up eventually.
Nintendo E3 2015: Well, still better than in 2008 and 2009. Right guys?

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Wait is that really it? Surely they're gonna have something else either today or tomorrow or whatever

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you realize how great nintendo @ e3 2016 will be?

Zelda and nx
Nintendo usually has a really good E3 every three or four years. 2006-2010-2013 were the best ones in the past decade. The worst ones (as of right now) were 2007-2008-2012. This E3 reminds me a lot of 2012: Nintendo in an awkward position because most of the major franchises had recently gotten new installments and not all too much was ready yet. Star Fox Zero this year could easily be compared to Pikmin 3 back then.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think my biggest question is where is Pokemon? Like in general. They didn't even show stuff for the Dungeon game at the Event. I feel like something Pokemon should be in the works by now, given the normal releases of the games.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Welp, it was... fine.
  • It had had a strong start with the puppets being hilarious and Star Fox Zero.
  • Those Skylanders :4bowser: and :4dk: Amiibos look pretty neat, it's also good seeing Nintendo cooperating with other companies.
  • Zelda Triforce Power looks OK, nothing special, but I'm glad to see the Four Swords Formula back.
  • The leaks killed all the hype for Hyrule Warriors Legends.
  • The new Metroid... it's just OK. I can tell it's probable a Co-Op shooter. It's not exactly bad, but from a franchise like Metroid I expected more. Also it's weird that we haven't seen :4samus:.
  • Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer looks very good. The Wii U game looks cute, but it uses the Mario Party formula, I don't mind spin-offs, but personally I'd have a more traditional Animal Crossing.
  • Animal Crossing Amiibos? *checks wallet* ... I hate being poor.
  • So Fire Emblem if is now called Fire Emblem Fates? Um, OK. Also they didn't change Kamui's name.
  • I can understand why the hate for SMT x FE, but being that the fans themselves are the ones to call it "Waifu Emblem" in the first place and the fact that it's a spin-off... yeah, I don't get why besides the modern setting. Also Caeda and Chrom look awesome And let's hope this get fangirls to know she exists.
  • Yoshi's Wolly World is still cute as ****.
  • POSSIBLE UPSKIRTS OF :4peach: IN MARIO TENNIS HYPE
  • FREAKING MARIO & LUIGI X PAPER MARIO HYPE
  • I honestly liked those sequences of :4mario: transforming into other characters and I'm glad they're actually included in Mario Maker.
  • 8-bit :4mario: Amiibo is a very nice anniversary detail.
Overall, it wasn't bad, but compared to last year... yeah, pretty weak. I think it would've been better if instead of just showing trailers they could've entered more into detail of the games, I mean, Fire Emblem Fates is already a very hyped up title and come on, Mario & Luigi x Paper Mario? that simple idea is enough to generate floods of hype, not to mention they could've talked more about other announced games in development like Chibi-Robo!!, Xenoblabe X and :4zelda: U. And I can't believe I'll say this, but maybe reserve :4feroy: & :4ryu: for today. But that's only what I think.

And now I'll have to hear Sony fanboys bragging about how they won and many anti-Nintendo hate art.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I must admit that I want to see how the amiibo turns out into Mario Maker, especially in the New Super Mario Bros style.
And if all amiibos are compatible.

Super Princes Zelda would personally be hype. Or Super Ganon Bros.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In regards to the Treehouse live, one of the people said "Ugh, this character is coming to Smash and I can't tell anyone!"

Get your bodies ready.
I vaguely heard that while typing a message in this thread. I wonder if it'll be Wolf.....maybe it would be too obvious having her say that in the middle of a Star Fox play session.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh hey, some art-sy looking Tomb Raider. I guess it's a turn based game. Seems alright.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can we actually play as Link, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer in Mario Maker? Or is that just for show?
In addition, many other amiibo will also be compatible with Super Mario Maker through the use of a new item called the Mystery Mushroom. This item allows Mario to take the appearance of many other characters, such as Link, Kirby or Wii Fit Trainer, complete with character-specific animations and sound effects. These character costumes can be unlocked by completing the 100 Mario Challenge mode and many can also be unlocked if the player taps the amiibo of the character to the Wii U GamePad.
:4kirby: confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo usually has a really good E3 every three or four years. 2006-2010-2013 were the best ones in the past decade. The worst ones (as of right now) were 2007-2008-2012. This E3 reminds me a lot of 2012: Nintendo in an awkward position because most of the major franchises had recently gotten new installments and not all too much was ready yet. Star Fox Zero this year could easily be compared to Pikmin 3 back then.
And 2012 was such a lackluster year in general it made sense for that year's E3 to be bad.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Can we get the social thread regulars in here?
Nintendo E3 haters,

I dont need opinions if your a jerk about it.
Lol ok there m8. Strong hypocrite.

Not a "Nintendo E3 hater" but this wasn't one of their stronger directs. Star fox U interested me, and I'm glad we got a western release date for Xenoblade. That is all I really care about.

The fact is that 80% of this direct was things we already knew about.
Majority of the games they showed off , they didn't show us new gameplay mechanics or new content. The only Wii U game they showed with new content & gameplay was Starfox. Every other Wii U game has been talked about previously and we knew about it already, why would you show it at e3. Why waste a 10 minute segment on Yoshi and Mario maker when we already know about their features?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The twitch chat became flooded with "9/11" and "ALLAHU AKBAR!" when Super Mario Maker's release date was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom