• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Stop whining, you're acting like a baby.
"WAAAH, I DONT LIKE THE 3DS, WHERSS MAH WIIU GEYMES"
Some people like me only have the 3DS, respect people who do.
Youre being an ***hole
I agree that there's no need to be unpolite, but that's not the kind of stuff you should show at E3. And the Wii U is the one that is struggling, not the 3DS.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, having your expectations too high is when you go into a random Direct and you see comments for StarFox and Metroid and F-Zero.

Having the only new Wii U reveals at the E3 Direct being Tennis and Mario Party: Animal Crossing edition is legitimately a poor showing.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
If you thought that direct was good, you're the idiot. I have my sanity. The Wii U has NO new announced games, just two spinoffs, animal crossing party and mario tennis. Then we got like three subpar 3DS games. That was disgusting. Try and argue me.
Some people like the games. Simple.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
At least give us a new Metroid.
They did, though.
It just doesn't star Samus.

As a 3DS-only guy, I must say I am very content with this Day.
And we still got Day 2 and 3 after this!
The fun never ends! :4pacman:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you thought that direct was good, you're the idiot. I have my sanity. The Wii U has NO new announced games, just two spinoffs, animal crossing party and mario tennis. Then we got like three subpar 3DS games. That was disgusting. Try and argue me.
This is flaming and report worthy right?

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I'm so disappointed that it hurts. I Can't believe how bad that was. Like omfg. Nintendo
seriously. Like 3 games, none of them were good except for Star Fox. WHY ISN'T IT CALLED DIGITAL STAR FOX EVENT??

D

Deleted member

If you are complaining about the Digital Event, then wait for next year and see if the NX does something for you (if it's unveiled at E3, anyway).

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Far from their worst E3 (this ain't got nothing on 08/09), but this was by far their weakest this decade. Way too much time was spent on stuff we already knew.

Star Fox was kind of neat (Star Fox 2 love!). Mario Maker amiibo news was cool but WAY too much time was spent on the game. Paper Mario & Luigi seemed awesome.

Metroid looks meh. Don't give a **** about Mario Tennis or Animal Crossing. Skylanders looks cool and will be big for stockholders, but those who'd probably pay attention to E3 to begin with won't care/buy it.

Muppets was a surprise, but I think it was underwhelming compared to the self-aware Robot Chicken.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am interested in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam... I always wanted to see a crossover of the two Mario RPG series.

Also, happy for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash... especially with a playable Toad... he is finally playable in a Mario Tennis game... the last time was... Mario Tennis 64.

T

Trick or Treat

Hyrule Warriors 3DS is great, and Tetra is bae.

Xenoblade looks amazing. Fire Emblem looks amazing. SMT x FE looks pretty cool.

4 games right there.

The Animal Crossing games look interesting, Mario Maker keeps getting better, and I am on the fence about the Paper Mario game.

But it is true, there are Directs throughout the year. We still have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and other games that were announced previously. And more will be announced in the coming months.

I just wish it was 2016 plz

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Loving the 3DS salt right now. It's everywhere.
Oh yeah i'm so superior because i watch people argue and just make ****ty sarcastic remarks, woohoo.
...aaaaaaand everyone's complaining because they set their expectations up too high.

I'm content with what we got. If you all wanna moan about no new games, then you weren't listening to Nintendo. I'm out til you guys stop.
It's not that there weren't new games, but that most of those games weren't exactly good, or at least not what people wanted.
Star Fox is pretty hype, Paper Jam and Mario Tennis too. But everything else was just meh.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So far, this is what I want from Nintendo (minus other announcments)

Mario Maker
Paper Jam
Fire Emblem
Mario Tennis (I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS)
StarFox

Other games like Pokemon Mystery Dungon and all are great. But jeez, I'm getting too many games Mario related lol

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
someone's entitled as ****
lmao that's sad
It's never that serious

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Loving the 3DS salt right now. It's everywhere.
Enough to put on fries of the amount of money Shenmue got
So far, this is what I want from Nintendo (minus other announcments)

Mario Maker
Paper Jam
Fire Emblem
Mario Tennis (I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS)
StarFox

Other games like Pokemon Mystery Dungon and all are great. But jeez, I'm getting too many games Mario related lol
You can fix that by getting Happy Home Designer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Square is starting. They better show KHIII

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I wonder if Nintendo got a card up their sleeves...
They most likely do, m'boy.
We still got Tomorrow and the 18th, so we're gonna get to see a lot more from here!
Buckle up for the Hype Train! :4pacman:

"You're becoming more like your father."
~Peppy Hare (YES)​

Soul.

Oh yeah i'm so superior because i watch people argue and just make ****ty sarcastic remarks, woohoo.

It's not that there weren't new games, but that most of those games weren't exactly good, or at least not what people wanted.
Star Fox is pretty hype, Paper Jam and Mario Tennis too. But everything else was just meh.
Not sure if I'm making "****ty, sarcastic remarks" when instead of discussing the presentation we have a huge saltfest involving no Wii U games.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
yes, do it now

No, you did that yourself
Nintendo helped. Honestly I didn't have that high expectations to begin with. Even by regular standards it was fairly weak. I'll look forward to future directs though.

You're all super duper eager to defend Nintendo. Then you say a person is flaming when they give an opinion that you don't agree with. I'd argue that it's equally as worthy to report you because of all the cursing you've been doing.

Not to mention you're ganging up on people and trying to invalidate their opinion.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know this community is whinny when you compare the day when they announced characters for Smash to this day were they showed real games instead.
Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

When leaked characters are officially announced, everyone is praising Nintendo. But when they do an okay direct with some new games that were interresting and knew they never had a lot of stuff to show this year, everyone craps on Nintendo's head.

Why am I here with a bunch of babies crying over video games ? That's the question.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
-Very disappointed on my end. Though I haven't played any Metroid game, the one they showed... Why... Metroid's supposed to be single player in general...
-And then Animal Crossing x Mario Party....
-Then there's Zelda. One that has been leaked (at least for me due to tumblr), and a Multiplayer-based one for 3 players...
-And another Mario Tennis game, not to mention more Mario, trying to bring Paper Mario and M&L universes together... Though I understand this 30th anniversary thing for Mario was gonna happen eventually, but...

I'm sorry, but unless you're a major Mario and/or Starfox fan, this was just terrible. And speaking of anniversaries, 2016 marks the 30th anniversary for Kid Icarus, Metroid, and Zelda... but knowing Nintendo, Zelda will get almost if not all the attention, and Kid Icarus won't get anything. I'm honestly fearing of what's gonna happen next year, too.
It is a sad day for me.

:4pit: Will Pit ever fight again?
:4samus: Will Samus ever get a potent game again?

Seriously, I'm almost depressed about this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just let people rant. EVERY SINGLE YEAR we have at least two or three people who go through a GOD IS DEAD routine after a presentation and they typically get it out of their system by the end of the day. Rules for E3: don't set your expectations too high, don't get too emotionally invested in what's announced.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The number of salt here is capable to filled the entire sea of Hoenn. IGN is going to rate a bad note at this forum if this continue kappa. STILL HYPED FOR PM X M&L TOUGH!!!!!!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok, guys......how can I put this?

I wont; talk about E3 as a whole except saying it was indded underwhelming, but this post is jut to tell how this paper mario thing is not what I was hoping for.

Guys, when I said I wanted a paper mario announcement, I implied that it;s a paper mario SERIES game. This means all the thing we used to have in the series back to root, jsut a game of the style.

This game is not paper mario however. The trailer actually shows it very clearly it;s an M&L game that had a cross with paper mario, it;s not the opposite. What this means is you remember when I said I didn;t like M&L?

Well, that was m&L, not paper mario.

What happened is that I was hyped for 5 seconds.....then I was like.....not sure.

So, let;s just say it;s a kind of disappointement. The James leak is actually still unresolved so it means that the possibility of having paper Mario on WiiU actually never chnaged, but I want to post this so that get that for me, this is not hype. in fact, the world seen int he trailer is m&L, that is another reasons to say it;s not paper mario, it;s just M&L cross over with paper mario. What I hoped was paper mario, period.

So, sorry to post this, but I feel liek I should leave my thoughts before there;s more tags, I actually was only hype 5 seconds...that;s it.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Paper Jam got me hyped as ****
Loved Dream Team and PM games,
Woolly World can give diabetes to anyone
And SMM is awesome.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not to mention you're ganging up on people and trying to invalidate their opinion.
I dont think the opinion carries if people are being a jerks and calling people idiots
Its kinda telling that they didnt even bother mentioning PLATINUM IS MAKING STAR FOX. Its like they really DIDNT want us to be excited.
oooOoh I suddenly don't mind that it isn't Wonderful 101...2 Wonderful 102.. whatever I'm might get this starfox game is what I am saying

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Nintendo helped. Honestly I didn't have that high expectations to begin with. Even by regular standards it was fairly weak. I'll look forward to future directs though.

You're all super duper eager to defend Nintendo. Then you say a person is flaming when they give an opinion that you don't agree with. I'd argue that it's equally as worthy to report you because of all the cursing you've been doing.

I dont think calling some of us idiots is an opinion. Because we are not idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom