• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well that's the last time I get hyped over anything.

This sucks. I knew as long as they didn't have Zelda Wii U, they'd need to push it to the max, which I knew they couldn't do.
At least give us a new Metroid.

I'm not gonna lie, as big of a Nintendo I am, this E3 is meh and Wii U got screwed

Weeman

Smash Crusader
That was pretty dissapointing, Star Fox was hype then it just went downhill, Paper Jam looks pretty cool though, but that new "Metroid" is just insulting.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The hype was definitely not there for me this time around. Not sure if I'm going to bother watching the Treehouse live.

It didn't help that I'm not really into Star Fox. This presentation felt more like a recap than anything else.

Oh well. I guess I can't really complain since the smaller directs are usually exciting for me.

Last edited:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
I can't believe how bad the E3 presentation was...I mean, that was it? The biggest highlight of the entire presentation was that Mario Tennis announcement.

But that Isabelle amiibo though...get ready for the scalping of your LIFE!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Last edited by a moderator:

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
This is annoying.
For the people who did not like Nintendo' s E3, go complain somewhere else or be respectful.
Some of us liked it.
soo if u didn't like it, go somewhere else, if you did like it, you're welcome to stay and talk?

brb sorry i forgot i was in biased town and not opinion city.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I only enjoyed HW 3ds (a little), Paper Mario x M&L (Alot), Fire Emblem ( ALOT Alot), and Star Fox.

Glad Xenoblade X got a release date.

Yay for Mario Tennis.

TIME TO TIP THE SALT

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
We got Mario crossover, new Zelda Game, and StarFox. That was really all the only good stuff. We thoroughly expected too much from this. I expected something, like geez. Really disappointing.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Star Fox U hype
XBCX release date
SMT X FE gameplay
M & L x PM
Hyrule Warriors 3DS
So it wasn't all bad

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...aaaaaaand everyone's complaining because they set their expectations up too high.

I'm content with what we got. If you all wanna moan about no new games, then you weren't listening to Nintendo. I'm out til you guys stop.
Gotta agree x9000 with this guy right here.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well time for Square, let's hope my computer doesn't crash again

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Honestly, that was pretty bad. I only really care about two things: Super Mario Maker and Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. The rest was just kinda meh.

T

Trick or Treat

I'm disappointed that almost all of the big games I want from this Direct are all December or next year. But that is to be expected, so I will have to be patient.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
First time Ill ever say this in this thread
Please shut the **** up.
You're annoying everyone.
This deserves to be quoted.
soo if u didn't like it, go somewhere else, if you did like it, you're welcome to stay and talk?

brb sorry i forgot i was in biased town and not opinion city.
I dont need opinions if your a jerk about it.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Warning Received
If you thought that direct was good, you're the idiot. I have my sanity. The Wii U has NO new announced games, just two spinoffs, animal crossing party and mario tennis. Then we got like three subpar 3DS games. That was disgusting. Try and argue me.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I understand they wanted to focus on games this year, but there were a few games they really needed to show. Like Zelda U.

Maybe SE can make me feel better with KH. If not, I'll murder a town.

Soul.

Hey, at least we got 3DS games!
Here's to a good E3 2016 being a huge improvement for Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

If you thought that direct was good, you're the idiot. I have my sanity. The Wii U has NO new announced games, just two spinoffs, animal crossing party and mario tennis. Then we got like three subpar 3DS games. That was disgusting. Try and argue me.
You had high expectations, then.

kylexv

Smash Master
Wow. That was pretty disappointing. But at least we got a lot of new games, even if they were mostly spinoffs.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looks like many of you doesn't get how Nintendo works, the E3 is just another direct now, and they have many directs during the year, of course they do the E3 special with memetic stuff but the rest of they year they can drop a bomb of pure hype in another regular direct when the development of other games like Zelda U has advanced.

It's not a big deal, so there's no need for so much Sodium Chloride

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok..you are making my vision go white with anger
SHUT THE **** UP, PLEASE
Don't worry about it, mate.

----
If it was that easy but every post is acting like it was the devils spawn.

And I wonder why I come to this ****ing place
I understand they wanted to focus on games this year, but there were a few games they really needed to show. Like Zelda U.
They SAID Zelda U wasn't going to be at E3... like.... a long time ago

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You guys, lol.
You always set your expectations too high
To be fair Nintendo kind of set our expectations higher because last year they had a Phenomenal E3.

The difference between this year and last year is like night and day.

I suppose you shouldn't expect much from consecutive years though.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It wasn't terrible or anything, but definitely underwhelming, but seriously that was a middle finger to the entire Metroid fanbase.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Stop whining, you're acting like a baby.
"WAAAH, I DONT LIKE THE 3DS, WHERSS MAH WIIU GEYMES"
Some people like me only have the 3DS, respect people who do.
Youre being an ***hole

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE IS SALTY WHEN MY HYPE METER IS OVER 9000!!! GET REKT HATER!!!! HATER GONNA HATE!!!!! "dancing"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So as a general overview: Not that great. But it has a couple of interesting games to show off. Three of them are 3DS spin-off games however. I'm actually pretty interested in the Paper Mario game.

And call me crazy, but I'm a bit optimistic on the Zelda and Metroid Spin-offs. They could be pretty good.

Zelda U is still in the works so there's that.

They started off on their best foot with Star Fox. Was hoping for a bit more, but expected to see something along the lines of this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People getting BTFO left and right because no F-Zero Sun Zooie featuring Ridley was shown. Disappointing but I survived E3 08 so this is nothing in comparison. If you want to talk about an E3 that crushed Nintendo fans...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My god the salt here. I found the direct pretty fun to watch, and I'm probably the only one who was interrested in the stories they told after presenting the games. I found the Star Fox game pretty nice, I'm excited for the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi crossover.

Meanwhile, all of you are literally whinning like little fanboys out of hype. Sweet baby Jesus people, everything can't be hyped. Sometimes, you gotta have something smooth and calm to watch, not always screaming because a remake of an old game is coming out.
doki-nichijou-00-720x480-h264-dvd-aac-8c48dbf101320122-57-09.jpg

This community is more disapointing than this so called direct you're all talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom