• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Turns out I can't watch the Nintendo conference tonight. Ah well, you can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, well, you just might find. Get what you need.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Lol I had never even heard of The Last Guardiam or Shenmue until today.
Really? I'm not a Shenmue fan, but I can tell you the big deal about The Last Guardian's hype.

It was first revealed back in 2009, with a 2011 planned release for PS3... we've never seen any progress or news updates on it until now. Basically 6 years went by with empty hope for it ever seeing the light of day.

But now... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Really? I'm not a Shenmue fan, but I can tell you the big deal about The Last Guardian's hype.

It was first revealed back in 2009, with a 2011 planned release for PS3... we've never seen any progress or news updates on it until now. Basically 6 years went by with empty hope for it ever seeing the light of day.

But now... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feels like the fans should be more annoyed than hyped haha. I don't think it looks amazing... maybe by 2009 standards it does. I'll wait and see though, no judgements yet.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Feels like the fans should be more annoyed than hyped haha. I don't think it looks amazing... maybe by 2009 standards it does. I'll wait and see though, no judgements yet.
Probably, lol. But if you're aware of the developer's previous cult-hit titles (Ico and Shadow of the Colossus), fans have probably forgiven them.

I don't understand the arguments though with the game's "graphics". What exactly did people want in terms of "dem graphecks."

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
****** off at flies slowly damaging my laptop's screen.
I hate flies, they're the hardest to kill.
Waiting for the... ahem, event to show up.
cue Space Stranger talking about Inside Out
I see others are anticipating the Digital Event too.

And you say that as if it was a bad thing. :p

D

Deleted member

Probably, lol. But if you're aware of the developer's previous cult-hit titles (Ico and Shadow of the Colossus), fans have probably forgiven them.

I don't understand the arguments though with the game's "graphics". What exactly did people want in terms of "dem graphecks."
The best of the best of the very best. Extremely realistic 3D models that are life-like. But this whole "graphics" fiasco started back when the PS3 was unveiled at E3 2005 (in my opinion).

I hate flies, they're the hardest to kill.

I see others are anticipating the Digital Event too.

And you say that as if it was a bad thing. :p
Yeah, part of me wishes they didn't exist. Or insects in general. But whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Eh, I won't be watching the Digital Event live. But I'm expecting people will get disappointed...

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I am going to bed... I have been up since yesterday morning...
When is Nintendo E3? I nee an alarm...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The best of the best of the very best. Extremely realistic 3D models that are life-like. But this whole "graphics" fiassco started back when the PS3 was unveiled at E3 2005 (in my opinion).
People really are clueless... and yeh, this graphics controversy is getting tiring. It's gonna be flat-out dated once we've hit the peak of graphical performance, and we're getting pretty close.

Somebody should do quick presentation at E3, in front of the whole audience, and say:

"Do you want to see pinnacle of the very best realistic graphics? ...open a ****ing window and look outside."

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What is Pixar-quality graphics if the gameplay is garbage? I'd rather more effort be put into good gameplay than crisp graphics.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
People really are clueless... and yeh, this graphics controversy is getting tiring. It's gonna be flat-out dated once we've hit the peak of graphical performance, and we're getting pretty close.

Somebody should do quick presentation at E3, in front of the whole audience, and say:

"Do you want to see pinnacle of the very best realistic graphics? ...open a ****ing window and look outside."
Would work better if a mirror was suggested instead, since the audience will be expecting a screen

D

Deleted member

It is one of the reasons why you still see people arguing over which console is better.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Well, I do think graphics is a big part of the enjoyment for a game. I understand why it may have some negative connotations though because of the fanboy wars over this one single aspect. But the thing is, a game can have bad graphics and good gameplay and be enjoyable BUT so can a game with good graphics and bad gameplay be enjoyable. It's really a case-by-case basis of what works for each game and also accounts for your tastes, none of which are greater than the other.

D

Deleted member

Well, I do think graphics is a big part of the enjoyment for a game. I understand why it may have some negative connotations though because of the fanboy wars over this one single aspect. But the thing is, a game can have bad graphics and good gameplay and be enjoyable BUT so can a game with good graphics and bad gameplay be enjoyable. It's really a case-by-case basis of what works for each game and also accounts for your tastes, none of which are greater than the other.
This is what I'm trying to say.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well, I won't be ale to see the Digital Event live... Where can I bookmark to watch it afterwards? I bookmarked the E3 Nintendo website, but I'm not sure if that's right.

D

Deleted member

Well, I won't be ale to see the Digital Event live... Where can I bookmark to watch it afterwards? I bookmarked the E3 Nintendo website, but I'm not sure if that's right.
Bookmark either the Twitch page or the YouTube account. I'm sure they'll put up the stream in the latter alongside the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom