• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like 9 so much I have 2 copies...

I lost my copy and bought a new one, then found the original.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
it's really dumb too cause DQX on wii u and 3ds would be a real money maker for Nintendo yet they still haven't bridge it over yet and DQ8 i'm hoping shows up at Nintendos digital event

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just heard the Roy's our Boy chant for the first time in years.

Nintendo will hype with new Pokemon, Star Fox and new Metroid.

No more Smash stuff.

Called it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it's really dumb too cause DQX on wii u and 3ds would be a real money maker for Nintendo yet they still haven't bridge it over yet and DQ8 i'm hoping shows up at Nintendos digital event
I don't think that many Americans would be willing to pay a monthly fee to play a wii U based MMO

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is awkward Zombie the comic that had Link "replaced" when Brawl came around because it was a new Link

If so, they could go that same way and have a NEW Roy instead of the old one

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
You guys realized that Marth got some massive buffs right? Dolphin Slash had it's Brawl range restored making it good for OoS again, (and according to a reliable Marth user, only that, Marth's grab and Fsmash had their range reduced from Brawl,) his Nair has less lag then Roy's does now, and jab 1 combos like Roy's. And unlike Roy his recovery isn't terribad. Y'all need to back off the hype a touch.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Is awkward Zombie the comic that had Link "replaced" when Brawl came around because it was a new Link

If so, they could go that same way and have a NEW Roy instead of the old one
It is that same comic.
If they wanted to keep the "Roy will never get in" joke alive they could do that.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I just heard the Roy's our Boy chant for the first time in years.

Nintendo will hype with new Pokemon, Star Fox and new Metroid.

No more Smash stuff.

Called it.
That guy looks familiar. What show was he from? (if you or anybody else know)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You guys realized that Marth got some massive buffs right? Dolphin Slash had it's Brawl range restored making it good for OoS again, (and according to a reliable Marth user, only that, Marth's grab and Fsmash had their range reduced from Brawl,) his Nair has less lag then Roy's does now, and jab 1 combos like Roy's. And unlike Roy his recovery isn't terribad. Y'all need to back off the hype a touch.
Marth getting a buff to Dolphin slash and an Nair buff is not enough to majorly bump Marth from the position of "okay" and Roy's jab and throws link into devastating kill moves since all his options link into sweetspots while Marth's does not and Roy's sweet spot hits are MUCH more reliable than Marth's tippers while being nearly the same in lethality. The Roy hype is very much warranted.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Marth getting a buff to Dolphin slash and an Nair buff is not enough to majorly bump Marth from the position of "okay" and Roy's jab and throws link into devastating kill moves since all his options link into sweetspots while Marth's does not and Roy's sweet spot hits are MUCH more reliable than Marth's tippers while being nearly the same in lethality. The Roy hype is very much warranted.
Didn't say Roy was worse then Marth... But Marth still has a few advantages. Problem is that Roy is somewhat light, falls fast and is thus highly succeptable to combos, and has a terrible recovery. Marth has a more average weight, is pretty floaty, and has a more average recovery. Roy's going to plummet like a stone once people learn to DI and find his weaknesses.

And he only combos into KO moves if you're stupid. Jab and grab don't exactly have a ton of range, and he lacks the projectile needed for foes to approach. Combined with rage and you can make the window for said combos to disappear quite easily, and since Blazer is a multihit move it's KO power is stifled by DI quite easily.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He was from Community and now he's an MC under the name Childish Gambino.

He's also going to be in The Martian.
Donald Glover you mean? I think he's been Childish Gambino before Community started. He also does some good stand-up.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Didn't say Roy was worse then Marth... But Marth still has a few advantages. Problem is that Roy is somewhat light, falls fast and is thus highly succeptable to combos, and has a terrible recovery. Marth has a more average weight, is pretty floaty, and has a more average recovery. Roy's going to plummet like a stone once people learn to DI and find his weaknesses.

And he only combos into KO moves if you're stupid. Jab and grab don't exactly have a ton of range, and he lacks the projectile needed for foes to approach. Combined with rage and you can make the window for said combos to disappear quite easily, and since Blazer is a multihit move it's KO power is stifled by DI quite easily.
Actually Roy is heavier than Marth. And no, when you sweetspot Roy's jab it has nearly no knockback and has a true combo into the sweetspot zones of his Ftilt/Fsmash/up tilt and his up b which all of them are kill moves and you can not avoid them unless you shield the first jab or are somehow hit by the sour spot. Also Roy has the best dash in the game that makes him either as fast or faster than Falcon which lets him advance easily. Also you can not DI out of Blazer which is even an insta kill on Jigglypuff from 0% once Roy has rage.

And Rage does not ruin Roy's combos as his sweetspots for light hits have reduced knockback that allow instant follow ups.
And Marth's advantage is he can out poke Roy with down tilt.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So I hear Sony's Conference managed to outshine Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft?

Nintendo, let's hope you upped your game tonight.

Nevertheless, there's a lot of cool **** for PS4 now.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Isn't he from Community?
He was from Community and now he's an MC under the name Childish Gambino.

He's also going to be in The Martian.
Oh yeah. That same show with the Asian guy.
So I hear Sony's Conference managed to outshine Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft?

Nintendo, let's hope you upped your game tonight.

Nevertheless, there's a lot of cool **** for PS4 now.
Please. Nintendo is a shoo-in. Hopefully :p

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Meh, I think Nintendo's won with NWC and Smash Bros. presentation already. MS and Sony are very hype I'll admit, but imo they haven't even topped that. Then again, I'm ultra biased because it's tough to compete with showing Roy for Smash Bros., lol.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Meh, I think Nintendo's won with NWC and Smash Bros. presentation already. MS and Sony are very hype I'll admit, but imo they haven't even topped that. Then again, I'm ultra biased because it's tough to compete with showing Roy for Smash Bros., lol.
I found myself really excited watching the Mario Maker levels in the NWC. I was on the edge of my seat, roaring with excitement at each new twist.

The Smash Bros. presentation is my favourite part about this year's E3 so far. Close second is the Ratchet and Clank remake.
I also liked Star Wars Battlefront. Had so much fun playing the original.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Sony already "won" E3. Nintendo has confirmed to be showing nothing, outside of I guess Star Fox and the leaked Animal Crossing. They had a good run, but gg no re

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should add Doki Doki Panic DLC

Edit: Mario Maker

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sony already "won" E3. Nintendo has confirmed to be showing nothing, outside of I guess Star Fox and the leaked Animal Crossing. They had a good run, but gg no re
I agree that overall, Sony won this. But as far as I know, we aren't sure of everything Nintendo is doing. Retro and Platinum were said to have some stuff in the works for Nintendo, so that might be cool.

I think one of the hints is that we'll be seeing a lot of red from a Platinum dude. If that's the case, I'm hoping it's Madworld, what with all the blood in it's Sin City style. And who wouldn't want more original and good rap soundtracks in games. Of course, if that little hint does mean something, we could see Wonderful 102 or something along those lines. Maybe even a Bayonetta spin-off with Jeanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom