• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I agree that overall, Sony won this. But as far as I know, we aren't sure of everything Nintendo is doing. Retro and Platinum were said to have some stuff in the works for Nintendo, so that might be cool.

I think one of the hints is that we'll be seeing a lot of red from a Platinum dude. If that's the case, I'm hoping it's Madworld, what with all the blood in it's Sin City style. And who wouldn't want more original and good rap soundtracks in games. Of course, if that little hint does mean something, we could see Wonderful 102 or something along those lines. Maybe even a Bayonetta spin-off with Jeanne.
I gave no hints about seeing red.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't understand why people automatically label winners of a so-called "competition" when they haven't even seen all the "competitors". It's asinine hearing those comments as they're already establishing a hypothetical bar that companies have to SOMERSAULT over just to impress them. Why can't you all just drop your expectations and let them present first, before you start making your judgements. >_>

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I don't understand why people automatically label winners of a so-called "competition" when they haven't even seen all the "competitors". It's asinine hearing those comments as they're already establishing a hypothetical bar that companies have to SOMERSAULT over just to impress them. Why can't you all just drop your expectations and let them present first, before you start making your judgements. >_>
DUDE. THE LAST GUARDIAN

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would be more excited for playstation games

If I had a playstation

and getting one would be the equivalent of more than 36 hours of work

Which is more than a week of work

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can Nintendo even MATCH the trifecta of SUPERNOVAS Sony unleashed? Hell, even MS with its BC and Recored.
If we're lucky, maybe. It'll be all the more hype for us. I hope that Retro goes back to Metroid or does another franchise that hasn't seen too much lately, like F-Zero or Custom Robo. Granted the last two aren't as likely, but you never know.

There's also the Star Fox revival which ought to have people excited. More Fire Emblem news is bound to show up. Maybe some Pokemon stuff, like Pokemon Z(or X2/Y2).

And again, Platinum supposedly has another game to work with for Nintendo. Too bad they didn't get to show off much of ScaleBound for Microsoft. I was interested in that.

But yeah, they have their work cut out for them. Sony brought the ****ing HEAT! There's a damn good chance they won.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Good thing about being a fanboy is your preferred company wins E3 by simply existing, can't top that :estatic:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
DUDE. THE LAST GUARDIAN
DUDE. [insert any hyped game here.]

Yeh, The Last Guardian was impressive. But so was Rare Replay, Mughead, FF-7, Street Fighter 5, Shenmue 3, etc. Depending on your preference in games.

Just let Nintendo get their presentation done first before deciding your E3 "winner."

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
DUDE. [insert any hyped game here.]

Yeh, The Last Guardian was impressive. But so was Rare Replay, Mughead, FF-7, Street Fighter 5, Shenmue 3, etc. Depending on your preference in games.

Just let Nintendo get their presentation done first before deciding your E3 "winner."
Rare Replay is just old games tho. Mughead is an indie. ****ING SHENMUE 3 WAS SHOWN. AND FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE. LITEREALLY THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES IN HISTORY. All three. At ****ing once. Im sorry but no, you cant top this, Nintendo doesnt even HAVE stuff of this magnitude to pull.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Rare Replay is just old games tho. Mughead is an indie. ****ING SHENMUE 3 WAS SHOWN. AND FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE. LITEREALLY THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES IN HISTORY. All three. At ****ing once. Im sorry but no, you cant top this, Nintendo doesnt even HAVE stuff of this magnitude to pull.
But how do you know this for certain? Just 'cos of a couple leaks and announced games? For all we know, they might pull a Sony and debut with a game we couldn't DREAM was happening.

And if I turn out to be wrong, then fine. Just stop picking sides, jeez. It's not a crime to be impressed by or siding with more than one company.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hey guys, what's goi-
*See useless debate between @ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles and the others about E3*

Oh wow, really guys ? Still debating on some stupid stuff nobody really cares about ? Great, cauz' I don't care either.

Well anyway, I'm trying to play Roy a bit. You have to be super offensive to get the kill power he has, but he's a pretty fun character to play. A good change of pace compared to all of those defensive sluggish swordsmen we have in this game.
Roy feels good to play, unlike Lucas. That's my opinion at least.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
But how do you know this for certain? Just 'cos of a couple leaks and announced games? For all we know, they might pull a Sony and debut with a game we couldn't DREAM was happening.

And if I turn out to be wrong, then fine. Just stop picking sides, jeez. It's not a crime to be impressed by or siding with more than one company.
Again, Im sorry, Im just too excited and hooked on energy drinks right after seeing my dreams come true all at once.

Im literally having problems thinking of three games that could match this kind reaction. Zelda wont be there. Mario wont be there, outside of Maker. Smash is already out. Metroid could be one. F-Zero maybe. But the problem is they already said that what they show will not go beyond 2015, so they cant really pull too much at once.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Oh hey guys, what's goi-
*See useless debate between @ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles and the others about E3*

Oh wow, really guys ? Still debating on some stupid stuff nobody really cares about ? Great, cauz' I don't care either.

Well anyway, I'm trying to play Roy a bit. You have to be super offensive to get the kill power he has, but he's a pretty fun character to play. A good change of pace compared to all of those defensive sluggish swordsmen we have in this game.
Roy feels good to play, unlike Lucas. That's my opinion at least.
The world literally exploded yesterday. Everything is possible now you realize. EVERYTHING.
Energy drinks are bad for you
I did this to myself :(

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Oh hey guys, what's goi-

It's hardly a debate, man. And is the stupid stuff we talked about any different than the stupid stuff we usually talk about in this thread? :smirk:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

Based on this it seems the Digital Event will be at max an hour, or the European one at least, since this image is from NoE's twitch page.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, none of the big kickstarter 90s games(Yooka Laylee, Mighty No. 9, etc.) have been released yet. Guess we've yet to see if they put their money where their mouth is then.

Last edited:

Soul.

lol
Sony's conference was really good [as general consensus]. There were things here and there but FFVII and Shenmue 3 were the "trap cards" they had.

Don't even give a **** about companies winning E3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, guys. Shenmue just finished it's Kickstarter. In less than a whole day since it launched. It got over 2 million ****ing bucks.

Now the stretch goals are open targets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom