• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

lol. It's either that or no Ice Climbers. I don't know how would they work in a game where chain grabs no longer exist anyway
Because literally the only thing you can do with the ICs is wobble and chaingrab.
Chaingrabbing or no, Nana is a fully fledged fighter, not like Luma or the Pikmin. As already stated, she's basically a CPU Popo that you have control over. I wouldn't want the ICs if half of the character is butchered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Because literally the only thing you can do with the ICs is wobble and chaingrab.
Chaingrabbing or no, Nana is a fully fledged fighter, not like Luma or the Pikmin. As already stated, she's basically a CPU Popo that you have control over. I wouldn't want the ICs if half of the character is butchered.
That's what they did in Brawl. Don't blame me, blame the game. ICs in Brawl were just waiting for the other player to make a mistake so that they could 0 to #rekt nearly every character in the game.
If they were to be butchered at least they would require skill :yeahboi:
Oh wait, they already require skill!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
R.O.B. DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A **** GAME!!
Mr. Game & Watch is very old.
Duck Hunt Dog, 1 game.
Why should they not be in???
R.O.B. & Duck Hunt are FAR more recognizable than Ice Climbers. Pretty much everyone knows who they are without having to play Smash.

Game & Watch is being kept alive with lots of G&W simulators and cameo appearances. You can't say that with Ice Climbers really.

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
R.O.B. & Duck Hunt are FAR more recognizable than Ice Climbers. Pretty much everyone knows who they are without having to play Smash.

Game & Watch is being kept alive with lots of G&W simulators and cameo appearances. You can't say that with Ice Climbers really.
Looks like Duck Hunt is here to stay. :4duckhunt:
Ok point taken.
BUT Ice Climbers were very recognizable especially after Brawl. Now they're just gone.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
R.O.B. DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A **** GAME!!
Mr. Game & Watch is very old.
Duck Hunt Dog, 1 game.
Why should they not be in???
R.O.B. had two games. Gyromite and Stack-Up.
Also, he was given a pretty cool role in TSS.
While we don't even know the Ice Climber's relationship.
Man, it was annoying how a lot of the characters in TSS were there simply because they were there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, that's enough Photoshop for me. I'll be taking a nice break for the night, though it was nice actually working hard for quality posters. A certain someone is arguably to blame for convincing me to do this (Will). :laugh:

D

Deleted member

(I'm sorry, but in all honesty, a Microsoft character from an extremely bad game has no right to Smash)
m8 you better stop talkin **** about bad fur day or imma hook you in the hoo hah
Not to mention as a peripheral he pretty much saved the video games industry.
I dunno about you but that's a pretty big accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
While we don't even know the Ice Climber's relationship.
Man, it was annoying how a lot of the characters in TSS were there simply because they were there.
Alright, that's enough Photoshop for me. I'll be taking a nice break for the night, though it was nice actually working hard for quality posters. A certain someone is arguably to blame for convincing me to do this (Will). :laugh:
Alright guys. Point is now across. i never used them anyways.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Apparently the blue girl in the FE X SMT trailer's name is Tsubasa Oribe, so we can rule out her being Caeda from the older games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently the blue girl in the FE X SMT trailer's name is Tsubasa Oribe, so we can rule out her being Caeda from the older games.
Or perhaps a "Donut Steel" based on her. Hell, half of the cast might as well be original characters since this is essentially a new IP instead of a true crossover (Like Virtua Quest).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

But then explain this to me, why on Earth did they get into Smash? If they aren't recognizable (or that people don't give a crap about them), how were they even included in the first place? Hell, with that logic, Takamaru and Prince Sable would have never gotten in. (Sure they're Assists, but I don't see why they're an exception because of that.)

Also, it's been proven time and time again that Sakurai doesn't give a crap about "relevancy". Sure, it helps, but it's not the deciding factor for what makes or breaks a character. Once again, with that logic, why do old, obscure characters keep popping up all the time?

And on top of that. Sure, people remember them mostly due to Smash. But what about the others who are remembered due to Smash? Like Ness? Or Captain Falcon? (And I mean in general here.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

(I'm sorry, but in all honesty, a Microsoft character from an extremely bad game has no right to Smash)
W-why?! Why do you think Conker's Bad Fur Day is bad???!!!
Nah, real talk, it's cool. I enjoyed it, but that's just my opinion.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Conker? A bad character? Why I never, no one had ever hated a Rareware character before since they are all essentially likable. That's like saying that the Battletoads are terrible for being Ninja Turtle rejects, which is bad in its own way. How can you not like this charming little nut muncher?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
If you dont have plain RESPECT for Sakurai... u is bad.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom