• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can someone please tell me how Koopa Kid
<--- That Guy
is NOT blood-related to Bowser in any way
How is that possible

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know that, its just that the general consensus from what I see is that people think that having exclusive DLC only for the N3DS versions of Smash 3DS is more of a **** move.

I'm kind just like "I don't really care as long as they're playable either way" :p
See, that's where I get confused.
We want Ice Climbers, but we don't want the gimmick gone (and sure, granted, it's what made them stand out). But if we want the two-in-one playstyle, it'll have to be on the New 3DS, but fans don't want that either. So, if we want them on both, we'd need to sacrifice the gimmick, and we don't want that as well.

It's a paradox in of itself.

D

Deleted member

30 FPS Nana with 60 FPS Popo on 3DS, 60 FPS both on Wii U.
meh
That would help, but then again, blame Nintendo for the 3DS' power. Now, if it was just like the Vita, then there wouldn't be problems. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can someone please tell me how Koopa Kid
<--- That Guy
is NOT blood-related to Bowser in any way
How is that possible
Because Mario Party isn't canon(?)

On another note: one timeI had a dream that Koopa Kid was the 9th color swap for:4bowserjr: and had orange for his color.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I've always wondered if there are more characters like Bowser. I mean, what if technically he's part of a species? Like a more advanced (or possibly a more prehistoric) version of Koopa Troopas.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I doubt that they didn't consider lowering Nana's FPS though. The Pikmin run at a lower rate as well, so they definitely toyed with that idea before and I would guess did try to apply it to the ICs. On top of that, the ICs are not characters that they just shoved aside at the slightest instance of trouble, they must've worked on them for a while considering that they were working on the Wii U beforehand and I doubt that they'd throw away that work at a moment's notice. Due to that, I don't think it's that easy a fix and there's something more to the problem.

That's not to say that they can't come up with a solution, but there's definitely something with the hardware that's not cooperating with these two and it's preventing their return.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Because Mario Party isn't canon(?)
Point taken, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that in MP, Koopa Kid is sorta just a slave that happened to look exactly like Bowser out of sheer coincedence.
...And speaking of, wouldn't a Grown Up Koopa Kid be superior to Bowser?
Not only does Koopa Kid have a much better Mech than the Clown Car, but he can also Multiply into either R, G, and B or just make more of himself in general.
Seriously, there were dozens of 'im in MP Advance.
Crazy.
On another note: one timeI had a dream that Koopa Kid was the 9th color swap for:4bowserjr: and had orange for his color.
That's another thing that confuses me.
How are Koopa Kid (And Hammer Bro., for that matter) not Alts for Bowser Jr.
Little Mac has 16 bloody costumes, so there's no real excuse there

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I doubt that they didn't consider lowering Nana's FPS though. The Pikmin run at a lower rate as well, so they definitely toyed with that idea before and I would guess did try to apply it to the ICs. On top of that, the ICs are not characters that they just shoved aside at the slightest instance of trouble, they must've worked on them for a while considering that they were working on the Wii U beforehand and I doubt that they'd throw away that work at a moment's notice. Due to that, I don't think it's that simple a fix, there's probably a more innate problem in the 3DS that's not allowing their use.

That's not to say that they can't come up with a solution, but I don't think it's that simple a fix, there's something with the hardware that's not cooperating with these two and it's preventing their return.
If you ask me, I think it's because Nana is more advanced than that of Pikmin. When you really think about it, she's basically another character; just controlled by the computer. With that logic, there would technically be eight characters maximum at one time. And taking that into consideration with everything else (items, Assists, moving levels, etc.), that's a lot for one system to handle.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
If you ask me, I think it because Nana is more advanced than that of Pikmin. When you really think about it, she's basically another character; just controlled by the computer. With that logic, there would technically be eight characters maximum at one time. And taking that into consideration with everything else (items, Assists, moving levels, etc.), that's a lot for one system to handle.
Why not make them like :rosalina:?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because they play differently. While they both have a similar concept, Nana acts more like a character than Luma does.
Also, one could argue that'd not only take away from their concept, but also make them a lazy retread of Rosalina.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It's not that simple, Nana mirrors every movement Popo makes and Luma while different than Rosalina has more a simplified moveset, he can't grab enemies or items. Nana is controlled by a CPU and can move by her own freely, she has a more advanced AI, she can grab enemies and items, her model is detailed unlike Luma.

Last edited:

Soul.

Well I mean, they lowered the framerate of the Pikmin on the 3DS version, and that didn't hurt Olimar/Alph's gameplay.
I'm pretty sure they can do the same with the ICs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mechanically, Nana is a CPU Popo that you control in conjunction with the other Climber, not really a puppet character like Luma. It's hard to make something like that work on the 3DS, since the ICs are actually two characters in one.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I wish Sakurai made Popo and Nana separate characters...

D

Deleted member

Well I mean, they lowered the framerate of the Pikmin on the 3DS version, and that didn't hurt Olimar/Alph's gameplay.
They could lower Nana's framerate to 30, and have her physics run at 60, like ATs and stuff, but that's not happening.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Again, not that simple, Pikmin are pretty much weapons that you throw and follow you, their AI isn't complex. Nana on the other hand, is basically a CPU controlled female Popo, she's a full fledged figher.

Last edited:

Soul.

Again, not that simple, Pikmin are pretty much weapons that you throw and follow you, their AI isn't complex. Nana on the other hand, is basically a CPU controlled female Popo, she's a full fledged figher.
No one really cares about Nana being a full fledged fighter. She's a CPU. You're playing Popo, not Nana. Her framerate can be scaled down.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean two characters. Nana and Popo would be clones with different properties.
Well I'd hate to play the opposite site here, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Technically they're the same barring appearances. What could you really do to make them different?

No one really cares about Nana being a full fledged fighter. She's a CPU. You're playing Popo, not Nana. Her framerate can be scaled down.
Actually, it's not as trivial as you think. As in order to play the character well, it requires being about to use both to their best.
Also, halving the frame rate could greatly nerf Ice Climbers as a whole.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't forget that the cutting of the Ice Climbers had TWO reasons: The other reason is them being a low priority due to lack of a significant reboot.

Ice Climbers only had the following games between 1985-1988:

Vs. Ice Climber (arcade)
Ice Climber (NES)
Ice Climber (Disk version) (Famicom Disk System)

And all three are pretty much the exact same game.

Plus one can argue that the 1986 Game & Watch game "Climber" (which never saw a Japan release) is an Ice Climber game:

Of course enough fan demand MIGHT help (look at :4mewtwo:)

D

Deleted member

No, you're technically playing both. Despite her nature as a CPU helper of sorts, Nana responds to your inputs and fights in conjunction with Popo, bringing her down to 30FPS wouldn't really work well, because as stated before, she is in essence another Popo.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Well I'd hate to play the opposite site here, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Technically they're the same barring appearances. What could you really do to make them different?
Popo has more weight, hits harder, slower...
Basically Nana=Mario
Popo=Dr.Mario

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yes, she's a CPU, but still she's just as complex as any other playable character, she has a full moveset, she can grab enemies and items (and use them), she can be KO'd, she's affected by statuses like being frozen or eating curry, etc. Heck, in some alts you play as her with Popo as the CPU. The Pikmin are just there to use as weapons, but Nana is pretty much a fighter that aids you.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Don't forget that the cutting of the Ice Climbers had TWO reasons: The other reason is them being a low priority due to lack of a significant reboot.

Vs. Ice Climber (arcade)
Ice Climber (NES)

Plus one can argue that the 1986 Game & Watch game "Climber" (which never saw a Japan release) is an Ice Climber game:

Not to mention younger people may only know the Ice climbers because of Smash bros...

D

Deleted member

Vs. Ice Climber (arcade)
Ice Climber (NES)

Not having a new game (instead, NES game re-releases :troll:) just made the decision to cut them easier.

Soul.

No, you're technically playing both. Despite her nature as a CPU helper of sorts, Nana responds to your inputs and fights in conjunction with Popo, bringing her down to 30FPS wouldn't really work well, because as stated before, she is in essence another Popo.
lol. It's either that or no Ice Climbers. I don't know how would they work in a game where chain grabs no longer exist anyway

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Splitting the Ice Climbers kinda makes me not want them back in anymore. The whole reason why I liked them in the first place is because how different they were.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501

Vs. Ice Climber (arcade)
Ice Climber (NES)

R.O.B. DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A **** GAME!!
Mr. Game & Watch is very old.
Duck Hunt Dog, 1 game.
Why should they not be in???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom