• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Corocoro is here, we didn't get any new Megas, instead they confirmed all of the legendaries aside from the birds and Mewtwo are available in the game. There's also a plotline involving Matt/Courtney, Zinnia and Rayquaza.

Also, they alluded to Deoxys in this picture:

Checked that on Serebii. I saw rockets beside Steven...

I swear, if you actually get to go to space to fight Deoxys...

----

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
2.0 You will be missed. :(
Prepare to say that to 3.0 pretty soon :079:
Euh...Paper Mario The Thousand-year door - Chapter 7 The Moon.

Vgl...
But we're not specifically on the Moon
How can we have XTreme Tissues
If we're floating above PokEarth's Atmosphere fighting a Space Deity? :U

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know it's a rather silly thing to get emotional about, but I'm actually crying after seeing the truth about Jay Geode. It hit me right in the childhood, and in a good way unlike most cases.

Damn, I knew he sounded like Bartlett, but to think that all this time, he was Bartlett....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know it's a rather silly thing to get emotional about, but I'm actually crying after seeing the truth about Jay Geode. It hit me right in the childhood, and in a good way unlike most cases.

Damn, I knew he sounded like Bartlett, but to think that all this time, he was Bartlett....
You thought I was dead, did you?
But all this time, it was ME! Dio! Bubsy! Blargg888! CliffJumper! Barlett!

Last edited:

Soul.

Why is Toon Link so bad in this game. Wish this Toon Link was the same TL from Brawl.

Soul.

He's worse? How so? :(
Yes, he's worse. Completely nerfed in some areas.
He can't do short hop double back air anymore. His down air doesn't bounce. Down air in general is a bad move now. Item cancelling is gone on the Wii U version and will be gone on the 3DS version by the time Ver. 1.0.4 is up. This is what made Toon Link decent. Now they're taking that out. Grab aerial lags.
The only good thing about him is that back throw is now a KO move. And that Up Smash KO's but deals less damage. And that FSmash has been sped up.
We'll see though. Too early to say.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He can't do short hop double back air anymore. His down air doesn't bounce. Down air in general is a bad move now. Item cancelling is gone on the Wii U version and will be gone on the 3DS version by the time Ver. 1.0.4 is up. This is what made Toon Link decent. Now they're taking that out. Grab aerial lags.
The only good thing about him is that back throw is now a KO move. And that Up Smash KO's but deals less damage. And that FSmash has been sped up.
Why is it that all my Brawl Favorites got apparently nerfed in some way.
:gw::samus2::toonlink::metaknight: - All Nerfed
:ivysaur::lucas::popo: - Cut
All I have left is :4wario: to hold on to, and I don't even wanna find out if he's been nerfed e~e

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This is partially the reason my brother switched to Zelda Link. It's odd that they removed it, he didn't gain as much height as Greninja's d-air when it connects.

Soul.

Why is it that all my Brawl Favorites got apparently nerfed in some way.
:gw::samus2::toonlink::metaknight: - All Nerfed
:ivysaur::lucas::popo: - Cut
All I have left is :4wario: to hold on to, and I don't even wanna find out if he's been nerfed e~e
Game and Watch is still good. Samus is meh, Toon Link got nerfed, and Meta Knight is...balanced.
Wario got buffed but his projectile game got worse in that the Wario Bike doesn't let you use the tires to hit an opponent.
This is partially the reason my brother switched to Zelda Link. It's odd that they removed it, he didn't gain as much height as Greninja's d-air when it connects.
I know right. I wish they just copypasted Brawl TL as is and just made the models for the 3DS and Wii U, respectively. Meh.
Either way I'm using Pikachu so...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Chica fan art is getting more views than my Bonnie

I feel the Bonnie one is better though

I wonder if it's because she's a chick(a)

D

Deleted member

Well, that is balancing....is it?
Yes, but it was way too far. As you can very cleary see BY HIS DOWN AIR GOING CLEAN THROUGH SHULK AND NOT HITTING, they absolutely butchered his range. Not to mention other things like his severely nerfed priority and worse recovery.

D

Deleted member

Poor Metaknight saw a "Phantom sword" for sale and just had to have it no matter the cost!

it must have cost an arm and a leg! Or all of them.
He actually picked up the Roy strategy of hitting people with the hilt of your blade.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Game and Watch is still good.
I noticed he's gotten speedier, but people are saying his Kill potential is lowered, which concerns me.
Samus is meh,
R.I.P. in Pepper Missle Cancelling
Toon Link got nerfed,
:(
and Meta Knight is...balanced.
I miss gliding. :C
Wario got buffed but his projectile game got worse in that the Wario Bike doesn't let you use the tires to hit an opponent.
*never uses Wario Bike's tires*
Welp, time to change my avatar~

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toy Bonnie and Toy Freddy are boring to draw because there isn't anything special about them

Toy Chica looses her beak and eyes, and "Toy Foxy" is a mangled pile of scraps

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

I know how you feel. It made me so happy when I saw it posted in the Mewtwo social thread.
Why did everyone think he was dead?
Because Wikipedia still says "Philip Bartlett" is dead. Someone heard a Philip Bartlett from similar backgrounds died, so I guess that's how it ended up on Wikipedia. Unfortunately, it still hasn't corrected it after Jay Goede attempted to fix it in the past.

Edit: And Wikipedia has fixed it now. The Philip Bartlett page is marked for deletion, and Mewtwo's page lists Jay Goede. IMDB needs to fix their info now...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I haven't found many actual character nerfs that are that bad. Though I initially thought that Olimar would be ruined forever, he still kicks arse and takes names. Hell, other than the horrible Pikmin AI and slow as hell up smash, a lot of his changes actually make him better. I keep hearing people say that Mr. Game & Watch was nerfed, but he feels the same, if not better than he did in Brawl. Of course, Ness is the best he's ever been, which I love.

A lot of it probably comes from changes, people are used to a certain thing, and when it's gone, they suddenly don't know what to do with it anymore. Like G&W's lack of bucket braking and Olimar's lowered Pikmin count. But really, it's all about adapting and learning the new strengths and weaknesses of a character.

I'm also sad that no one responded to the Glover question. It's a game I often forget about, but remember fondly whenever it does cross my mind.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Glover was one of my most played N64 games

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I looked it up on Youtube

Gameplay looks pretty much the same, though the starting area has stuff different

I'm guessing maybe they changed the level design

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Storywise or gameplay?
What story?

But nah, the opening cutscene is the same, minus the subtitled parts. But there are some levels in the N64 version that are completely different from the PS1 version. "Mr. Tip" also wasn't in the PS1 version, and there was no tutorial level, rather, the hub world was the tutorial. One of the more apparent differences, is that in the PS1 version the hub world doesn't start out in a red fog, it's all bright and colourful from the get-go. The N64 version also has a monkey boss that's absent in the PS1 version. Still watching the let's play, so those are the only things that I've noticed so far. He's on the god awful circus stage right now...

Which is the second one on the N64 version for some reason. I'm pretty sure that was one of the later levels on the PS1...
As far as I know, Hamburger helper: The video game never got a sequel as it got cancelled.
There's actual footage of some of the game that never got finished. So the sequel got far enough to actually start development.

Kind of sad. I'd love to see Glover get a reboot on the Wii U/PS4 or something, with better physics, controls and such.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What story?

But nah, the opening cutscene is the same, minus the subtitled parts. But there are some levels in the N64 version that are completely different from the PS1 version. "Mr. Tip" also wasn't in the PS1 version, and there was no tutorial level, rather, the hub world was the tutorial. One of the more apparent differences, is that in the PS1 version the hub world doesn't start out in a red fog, it's all bright and colourful from the get-go. The N64 version also has a monkey boss that's absent in the PS1 version. Still watching the let's play, so those are the only things that I've noticed so far. He's on the god awful circus stage right now...

Which is the second one on the N64 version for some reason. I'm pretty sure that was one of the later levels on the PS1...

There's actual footage of some of the game that never got finished. So the sequel got far enough to actually start development.

Kind of sad. I'd love to see Glover get a reboot on the Wii U/PS4 or something, with better physics, controls and such.
I kind of liked the circus stage

It some some interesting things

Such as the things you could ride on their head and make them bounce higher and higher

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I kind of liked the circus stage

It some some interesting things

Such as the things you could ride on their head and make them bounce higher and higher
I hated it because it was a combination of terrifying circus/clown theme, and the only thing in video games that still scares me to this day, for whatever reason, levels floating in an abyss of nothing. Everywhere is a fall to your death.

Noticed another difference, the N64 version has some power that lets you walk on walls/ceilings. It's not in the PS1 version.

There's also a cartwheel that's absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom