• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At least the game's playable unlike Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - there are game-breaking glitches and cutscenes where characters are invisible on the PS3 and maybe the Xbox 360 - and Sonic '06. There's much worse. A playable, but mediocre game is vastly superior to a broken, unplayable game.
Now I'm starting to be reminded of games like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

Seriously, that game literally had no collision at all except for most of the ground, the ability to drive into an endless void and back, no sound effects, a single CPU opponent that never passes the finish line, and a track that always crashes the game, among other problems.

How the hell did the company who made it let it be released? It's the most unfinished game that I've ever seen be released to public, it's like the developers of the game just decided to finish half of it and then release it just to see how people would react to how ridiculously bad and incomplete it was.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Was that game made in a month? I don't how else it could have ended up so bad.
Did a little bit of research:

Wikipedia said:
On May 17, 2013, Sega announced a worldwide agreement with Nintendo for the next three games in Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog series to be developed exclusively for Nintendo devices. This included Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. On February 6, 2014, Sega announced Sonic Boom as the official title for Wii Uand Nintendo 3DS. The game ties in with Sega's upcoming Sonic Boom franchise, which includes a television series and other merchandise, and will be the third release in Sega's exclusivity agreement with Nintendo. The franchise is designed for Western audiences and will serve as a prequel to the television series. Sega announced the game to feature Sonic's traditional speed alongside a new exploratory game mechanic called "Enerbeam". Sega of America's marketing director Marchello Churchill explained that the new franchise was not designed to "replace modern Sonic". The Western developer's CEO explained that Sonic Boom 's Sonic is "very different ... both in tone and art direction".
From the looks of it, at least the very early stages of Sonic Boom were being designed during May 2013, and it was officially revealed in Early February 2014.

It doesn't seem like it would be very easy to create three separate Sonic games during a little more than a year. Maybe that's why Sonic Boom, Sonic Lost Word, and Olympic Games 2014 all turned out to be anywhere from mediocre to unplayable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know the ironic thing about ET 2600 is that it sold over one million copies, making it one of the best selling Atari games.
The only reason it bombed was due to the fact that they overproduced (that, and people caught on).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Did a little bit of research:

From the looks of it, at least the very early stages of Sonic Boom were being designed during May 2013, and it was officially revealed in Early February 2014.

It doesn't seem like it would be very easy to create three separate Sonic games during a little more than a year. Maybe that's why Sonic Boom, Sonic Lost Word, and Olympic Games 2014 all turned out to be anywhere from mediocre to unplayable.
That's why Call of Duty is successful: release glorified DLC for the previous game once a year.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Now I'm starting to be reminded of games like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

Seriously, that game literally had no collision at all except for most of the ground, the ability to drive into an endless void and back, no sound effects, a single CPU opponent that never passes the finish line, and a track that always crashes the game, among other problems.

How the hell did the company who made it let it be released? It's the most unfinished game that I've ever seen be released to public, it's like the developers of the game just decided to finish half of it and then release it just to see how people would react to how ridiculously bad and incomplete it was.
There's ORION: Dino Horde which was "re-released" - it's basically the same thing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Sonic Boom and Olympic Games are handled by different divisions then Sonic Team. They did probably overlook those two games, but the only project they really worked on was Lost World.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That's why Call of Duty is successful: release glorified DLC for the previous game once a year.
Get that overrated game away from these forums!
In all seriousness, why do people buy every new installment, and all DLC for it? It's worse than Cars 2.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Get that overrated game away from these forums!
In all seriousness, why do people buy every new installment, and all DLC for it? It's worse than Cars 2.
Ah come on! Carl on duty games are fun when you aim to dork around! It makes all the tacticool kiddies who swarm the game rage so much!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
While we're talking about Bad Games;
lemme tell you non-Canadians about the
Wii Mini console, made by Nintendo, basically what the 2DS is, but to the Wii.
It's ~$100 for one, and iirc it's only in Canada.
Doesn't seem so bad, right? Well, here's what the Wii Mini does that makes it less money;

• No SD Card support
  • No Gamecube Game Support
  • No Gamecube Controller Support
  • Much less data room
  • Very easily Brick'd, even a simple Power Blink (Power goes off-on in a seconds span) could killl it
  • NO INTERNET COMPATIBILITY
  • Doesn't even come with a Sensor Bar
  • Very bad Motion input
Yeah.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ah come on! Carl on duty games are fun when you aim to dork around! It makes all the tacticool kiddies who swarm the game rage so much!
Yeah, only mode I liked was zombies because of the storyline (surprisingly deep of a side story of a non campaign mode).
Though I stand by my first statement.

D

Deleted member

Also Zombies is incredibly fun if you get a group of friends to play with. I still enjoy booting up Black Ops 2 occasionally to play it with friends.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know the ironic thing about ET 2600 is that it sold over one million copies, making it one of the best selling Atari games.
The only reason it bombed was due to the fact that they overproduced (that, and people caught on).
Well everybody did love the movie, and with the game being released in the Christmas Rush it all makes sense that it did initially sell so well. No one had any idea at the time that it was going to be so buggy and confusing to the point of being nearly unplayable.

And it is kind of funny. Games like that may not initially sell so well (or they stop selling well after word gets out) but later on in their lives a lot of people do begin to play them in some form due to the huge amount of bad reputation they had received. People start wanting to see and experience just how "bad" the games are.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Doesn't seem so bad, right? Well, here's what the Wii Mini does that makes it less money;

• No SD Card support
  • Much less data room
  • Very easily Brick'd, even a simple Power Blink (Power goes off-on in a seconds span) could killl it
  • Very bad Motion input
Yeah.
I've heard of this before. Its pretty bad >_>

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Also Zombies is incredibly fun if you get a group of friends to play with. I still enjoy booting up Black Ops 2 occasionally to play it with friends.
Zombies mode is always tons of fun and playing as JFK makes one feel like a god. But regular multiplayer can be fun too! Seeing how many people you can kill by pelting them with non lethal throwables is the best!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

• No SD Card support
  • Much less data room
  • Very bad Motion input
Yeah.
you forgot it doesn't even support s-Video, only composite.

but not supporting progressive is a bigger deal...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

• No SD Card support
  • Much less data room
  • Very bad Motion input
Yeah.
Odd, I think I saw one at a Best Buy here in the states with Mario Kart included...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

• No SD Card support
  • Much less data room
  • Very bad Motion input
Yeah.
The US has it too. I even saw it today while looking around Target. No Internet compatibility isn't too bad since you can't play online on the Wii anymore anyways.

D

Deleted member

Zombies mode is always tons of fun and playing as JFK makes one feel like a god. But regular multiplayer can be fun too! Seeing how many people you can kill by pelting them with non lethal throwables is the best!
I'll shamelessly admit that I've been having a blast with AW's multiplayer. It's probably the best CoD game since 4. Sadly I think the series will go back to the same old formula in the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

• No SD Card support
  • Much less data room
  • Very bad Motion input
Yeah.
I'm pretty damn sure that it's sold in the US as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I own CoD 3 and I actually quite enjoy it. The problem I have with the CoD series is that it has yet another gigantic fanbase a good portion of which sucks in many ways (the ragers, whiners, people who say it's a "real" game and insult almost everything else like anything Nintendo makes because it's "kiddie" etc. Especially if they go around the Internet just to angrily and arrogantly shove it in people's faces. It's typical. Those kinds of people will never go away.)

Of course there are countless other games that I love a lot more than it, but I still find it to be pretty fun for what it does have itself.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I own CoD 3 and I actually quite enjoy it. The problem I have with the CoD series is that it has yet another gigantic fanbase a good portion of which sucks in many ways (the ragers, whiners, people who say it's a "real" game and insult almost everything else like anything Nintendo makes because it's "kiddie" etc. Especially if they go around the Internet just to angrily and arrogantly shove it in people's faces. It's typical. Those kinds of people will never go away.)

Of course there are countless other games that I love a lot more than it, but I still find it to be pretty fun for what it does have itself.
Honestly I love the CoD community, when they try to play Team Fortress 2 its just a gold mine of hilarity.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anyone here ever play Glover?

Completely random, I know. It just crossed my mind.

There were plans to make a sequel to Glover, but that obviously fell through. I remember even seeing some parts of it that were already made. Glover is a game that I could see being brought back in a modern setting, the game would really do well with today's consoles. It was a rather unique game, so even if it wasn't the most mind blowing game around, it does have potential.

If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty bored at the moment.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
How is this not making news? All this time people thought Mewtwo's original English voice actor died, but it was a stage name and he's alive!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
First of all, congratulations on getting out of that. Second of all, I'm just waiting for the Mario Kart DLC to release.
I mentioned earlier that this week and the next are the hypest weeks ever, with MK8 DLC, Project M 3.5, and Smash 4

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly I love the CoD community, when they try to play Team Fortress 2 its just a gold mine of hilarity.
Okay I gotta admit that can be pretty funny.

I once saw a video of a CoD fan playing it for the first time and talking on the mic. Among other noobish things he said, at one point he even asked "What's a hat? Is it like a hat-hat?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom