• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hopefully DLC 3 for Mario Kart 8 is heavily influenced on Pokemon.

Obviously it'd have to have a new Mario character. My preference would be playable characters being Pikachu, Greninja, and Diddy.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Corocoro is here, we didn't get any new Megas, instead they confirmed all of the legendaries aside from the birds and Mewtwo are available in the game. There's also a plotline involving Matt/Courtney, Zinnia and Rayquaza.

Also, they alluded to Deoxys in this picture:

Deoxys is in the game in "Episode Delta". I wonder if that means Birth Island is back. Also, I still don't see pics of Giratina or Kyurem in the game...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Predictions for tomorrow:
Someone will laugh.
The weather will be cold.
and Smashboards will discuss the wonderful world of mud!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Even Volcanion? :troll:
What's a Volcanion? I think if such a thing existed, it would've been revealed already. :awesome:

I don't know. I'm not sure if they said those were the only Mega Evolutions.
It's not confirmed, but it doesn't look like we're getting anymore due to what's been shown in the Demo data.

Deoxys is in the game in "Episode Delta". I wonder if that means Birth Island is back. Also, I still don't see pics of Giratina or Kyurem in the game...
Yeah, I just found out about it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's Rayquaza's new move.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I thought that some of the people who worked on the Jak & Daxter games were involved with Sonic Boom.

How could the guys who made such great games screw up so massively?

...Kind of makes me glad that we never got another Jak game, as much as I still hate Naughty Dog for dropping the series.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have found a video of You're the Director, an old video (tape) game from around the 1980's. Today, I would share it with the unlucky people in this thread, but I don't feel like it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Less than an hour?

The menu thing reminds me of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask glitch/exploit where you use a bomb and let it explode or something. They both allow you to break the game and skip stuff.

Edit: While I made this post, I found out that Sonic Boom is a free theme on the 3DS... Yay, one free theme... Welp, beggars can't be choosers. At least it looks good.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My new avatar showcases the highpoint of Sonic's career. I have so much respect for Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Made me the gamer I am today. I'll standby Sonic. But I won't spend my money on Sonic Boom.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm gonna sneak away from this thread before I become "one of you" again.
It has a guaranteed chance of not working.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This....this is really sad.

...also hilarious, but sad. How one Earth could something like this have gone unnoticed by the development team?
"Hey Frank, I found this game breaking bug, it's pretty bad. I think we should-"

"Don't worry about it, no one playing a video game would possibly ever figure out how to do it anyway. And we can always just charge them money to patch the game, you know!"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was thinking Sonic '06 2: The Search For More Money.
I wonder what Sonic '06 3 will be like?
Predictions for it:
You die once, the game deletes itself (even on disc).
Progress deletes games from your system.
Booting the game up crashes the game.
Hmmm... needs more crashing!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

...also hilarious, but sad. How on Earth could something like this have gone unnoticed by the development team?
Blame it on the QA guys too. I mean, who'd think to use the menu while jumping? Speedrunners, that's who. People are still finding glitches, bugs, and exploits in old games like Super Mario 64.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

...also hilarious, but sad. How on Earth could something like this have gone unnoticed by the development team?
Well, you see, when you just don't care about something. You're bound to have said product be awful. Though seriously, it's probably the Christmas season rush that got this game out so early.

Soul.

Lmao. That Sonic Boom video is hilarious.
Abusing the pause menu which lets Knuckles jump higher, then you go to that place with all characters doing T-poses.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Got my Wii U yesterday & it's pretty neat so far. I've been playing some Mario 3D World while waiting for Smash since Halo/Xbox Live are completely messed up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Blame it on the QA guys too. I mean, who'd think to use the menu while jumping? Speedrunners, that's who. People are still finding glitches, bugs, and exploits in old games like Super Mario 64.
Ocarina of Time on the old N64 has a lot of exploits and glitches as well. Most of them took quite a while for anyone to find and are difficult to master, but in Sonic Boom the exploits can be as simple as just pausing in the middle of an aerial attack, unpausing then rinse and repeat, and many of them were found in just a mere single day.

I think that says quite a lot about how terribly the development team handled this game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ocarina of Time on the old N64 has a lot of exploits and glitches as well. Most of them took quite a while for anyone to find and are difficult to master, but in Sonic Boom the exploits can be as simple as just pausing in the middle of an aerial attack, unpausing then rinse and repeat, and many of them were found in just a mere single day.

I think that says quite a lot about how terribly the development team handled this game.
At least the game's playable unlike Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - there are game-breaking glitches and cutscenes where characters are invisible on the PS3 and maybe the Xbox 360 - and Sonic '06. There's much worse. A playable, but mediocre game is vastly superior to a broken, unplayable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom