• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We could talk Arrow or The Flash. Pls I'm desperate.
Also WHAT IS IT ROB? ARE YOU TRYING TO SECRETLY COMMUNICATE WITH ME? IS THERE A BOY STUCK IN THE WELL?
View attachment 27019
From what I've seen of Arrow, I kind of like it. Oliver himself is decent protagonist. But he's a bit too much like Batman in this version. Not that he needs to trash talk as much as Spider-Man or the Flash. But there should be a bit of charm to his crime fighting. As expected, Deathstroke the Terminator is a badass not to be messed with.

Also is there a time where Roy Harper isn't a douche? I'm pretty convinced that he has super douchery as a power.

I haven't seen the Flash show myself yet. I can only hope that they put Barry's smarts and humor to good use. Sometimes in the comics, he doesn't get to show off how much of a quick thinker he is with the JL. Probably because that'd step on Batman's shoes, since he's the idea guy.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I haven't seen the Flash show myself yet. I can only hope that they put Barry's smarts and humor to good use. Sometimes in the comics, he doesn't get to show off how much of a quick thinker he is with the JL. Probably because that'd step on Batman's shoes, since he's the idea guy.
In the first episode they showed off his smarts pretty well. But I don't recall him having much humor.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
From what I've seen of Arrow, I kind of like it. Oliver himself is decent protagonist. But he's a bit too much like Batman in this version. Not that he needs to trash talk as much as Spider-Man or the Flash. But there should be a bit of charm to his crime fighting. As expected, Deathstroke the Terminator is a badass not to be messed with.

Also is there a time where Roy Harper isn't a douche? I'm pretty convinced that he has super douchery as a power.

So far, they've put a good amount of emphasis I think 2 tablespoons? on his intellect. But time will tell. Looks promising however.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Am I the only one who's happy that we'll get a REAL Devil May Cry game instead of that DmC bull****? It will take place after Devil May Cry 4, Nero will be in the spotlight again (Suck on that Vergil fanboys!), and Ninja Theory will NEVER be involved with another game in the series. The best part: It will be out next year.
WOOOOOW slow down there man, where did you get all this? Dont you be teasing me now, DONT TEASE ME BRO.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm glad because I want the roster to still feel Nintendo with some guests.
Yup! I'm a Sonic fan, that parts true, but there were still pretty exciting choices like Bowser Jr., Lucina, Shulk, and Duck Hunt that made it in, so I'm not too worried. Y'know what the worst part is? After all the times I've told him Nintendo owns Monolith Soft, a friend of mine STILL THINKS SHULK IS 3RD PARTY!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Currently watching The Room. I don't think I'll be able to watch the entire movie, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Currently watching The Room. I don't think I'll be able to watch the entire movie, though.
You mean to tell me there's people who don't like that movie? Color me surprised. Next you'll be telling me Birdemic wasn't seen as a modern classic. Or that Food Fight isn't something to rival Toy Story.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First of all, where did you get this DMC knowledge? You're not pulling my leg right? Because DMC is awesome, I'd like to see a legit DMC5 be made.

As far as newer action shows, the only animated good ones we've got in the US are Korra and TMNT. Both of those shows are cool. Ultimate Spider-Man is okay. The newest season being the best so far, mostly because it starting to get a better balance between action and comedy. But it sucks that there's so few of them nowadays. We must of hit a drought or something.
WOOOOOW slow down there man, where did you get all this? Dont you be teasing me now, DONT TEASE ME BRO.
Sorry, I having a Classic Mode Run. Here's the source. http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34800/20140827/devil-may-cry-5-2015-confirmed.htm

Everything is indeed legit (except for the image, which the writers of the article borrowed for the news). Every big name Capcom fan, like Maximillian Dood made a video about the news a month ago and he definitely felt happy about the lack of Ninja Theory influence. Since we didn't get the teaser at the TGS, then I can tell that Capcom might be saving it for an even bigger event IF the rumor is true.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Sorry, I having a Classic Mode Run. Here's the source. http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34800/20140827/devil-may-cry-5-2015-confirmed.htm

Everything is indeed legit (except for the image, which the writers of the article borrowed for the news). Every big name Capcom fan, like Maximillian Dood made a video about the news a month ago and he definitely felt happy about the lack of Ninja Theory influence. Since we didn't get the teaser at the TGS, then I can tell that Capcom might be saving it for an even bigger event IF the rumor is true.
Yes, Dante returns! It's a legit 'Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series' this time.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So
My Highschool just got a new mascot
The school's "Animal" is a Wolf
and guess what
our Mascot is an ANIMATRONIC ANIMAL.
Well yo-ho-ho and a bottle o' screw me if there's a power outage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wrecked Master Core on 7.0 as Fox. He's just as good as Brawl when it comes to boss killing.

Those forward and up aerials. That laser spam.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So really... what is the differences between Dark Pit and Pit aside from the electric based side special?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So really... what is the differences between Dark Pit and Pit aside from the electric based side special?
Pit's arrows are easier to control and more range, but deal less damage. Dark Pit's arrows are harder to control and have less range, but deal more damage.
The Arms deal the same amount of damage and knockback, but Pit's sends foes upwards, while Dark Pit's sends foes diagonally.
Those differences (except arrow control) carry over to the special moves' custom variations.

Different Final Smashes, taunts and victory animations.

That's all.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, Dante returns! It's a legit 'Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series' this time.
I am still hoping it really does happen since Capcom did register a trademark for the series earlier this year. That got to mean that they are planning something big for our favorite demon hunter and his pals in the near future.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pit's arrows are easier to control and more range, but deal less damage. Dark Pit's arrows are harder to control and have less range, but deal more damage.
The Arms deal the same amount of damage and knockback, but Pit's sends foes upwards, while Dark Pit's sends foes diagonally.
Those differences (except arrow control) carry over to the special moves' custom variations.

That's all.
Different victory theme as well, but who cares about that anyway? Except me.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I am still hoping it really does happen since Capcom did register a trademark for the series earlier this year. That got to mean that they are planning something big for our favorite demon hunter and his pals in the near future.
Don't worry, they'll cancel it eventually and keep him popular soley via merchandise.

It's the new Capcom way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't worry, they'll cancel it eventually and keep him popular soley via merchandise.

It's the new Capcom way.
Or better yet, make a crappy region-exclusive mobile game like what they've done with Rubyheart (The pirate woman from Marvel vs. Capcom 2). That will also be a worst case scenario to happen for any Capcom owned character/franchise. -_-

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Or better yet, make a crappy region-exclusive mobile game like what they've done with Rubyheart (The pirate woman from Marvel vs. Capcom 2). That will also be a worst case scenario to happen for any Capcom owned character/franchise. -_-
Nah
The worst-case scenario to happen for any Capcom owned character/franchise is being Mega Man
that dude is going down the drain, in Capcom's eyes.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Wow, there's actually a decent actor in this movie.
And the chocolate blowjob scene is hands down the best scene in this movie.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nah
The worst-case scenario to happen for any Capcom owned character/franchise is being Mega Man
that dude is going down the drain, in Capcom's eyes.
True that, especially with his last game being a crappy mobile game that was so bad that Crapcom made it region exclusive. I'm afraid that Smash will be the last time that we'll ever see of him and the Mighty No. 09 will most likely replace him next year due to circumstances. Nintendo should buy Mega Man (In case buying Capcom would be too much for them to handle) and save him from such a terrible fate. :cry:

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

This better not be the usual Capcom shenanigans. Good God how much I want this game...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Different victory theme as well, but who cares about that anyway? Except me.
Rosalina and Dark Pit have their very own victory themes. Not even alternate versions of their series victory fanfare like Meta Knight and the Koopa crew. They're special.

Feeling a bit of nostalgia, eh?
I just went to Smash Run with the song "Boss Battle" from Brawl playing.

Nostalgia of those times trying to clear Boss Battles on Intense came to me.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Unpopular opinions:

I was never a big Zelda or Pokemon fan but I like their spin offs like Hyrule Warriors and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (not the 3DS version however).
I played Brawl with the Wii-mote and Nunchuck for the first 3 years.
I find the Gamecube's game library to be the best compared to the other consoles along with the DS and SNES as a tie for my second favorite.
I believe Nintendo can be very backwards with their policies at times. (Miiverse, Friendcodes, Region-locking)
Although I dislike Cars 2, I feel that every Pixar film is good in their own right
I'm neutral with Frozen, it's not perfect but it isn't horrible.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is the best Disney Renaissance film.

Edit: Wow, I had this saved in my reply since 12:00 pm. :crazy:
You mean to tell me there's people who don't like that movie? Color me surprised. Next you'll be telling me Birdemic wasn't seen as a modern classic. Or that Food Fight isn't something to rival Toy Story.
Food Fight > Small Soldiers > Toys > Recalled Tarzan figure (you know the one :4dk:) > Toy Story

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

That's all.
Daily reminder Dr. Mario has more differences then Dark Pit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Unpopular opinions:

I was never a big Zelda or Pokemon fan but I like their spin offs like Hyrule Warriors and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (not the 3DS version however).
I played Brawl with the Wii-mote and Nunchuck for the first 3 years.
I find the Gamecube's game library to be the best compared to the other consoles along with the DS and SNES as a tie for my second favorite.
I believe Nintendo can be very backwards with their policies at times. (Miiverse, Friendcodes, Region-locking)
Although I dislike Cars 2, I feel that every Pixar film is good in their own right
I'm neutral with Frozen, it's not perfect but it isn't horrible.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is the best Disney Renaissance film w.

Food Fight > Small Soldiers > Toys > Recalled Tarzan figure (you know the one :4dk:) > Toy Story
Is it because of the stupid posts or laughable drawings? If so, I agree since it's hard to find anyone intelligent on that social app. The number of Bigley memes and "X for Smash" requests made be hate the experience overall.

In other news, here's some ******** news from our friendly neighborhood Crapcom. -__-

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/0...ss-its-predecessor-sold-over-2-million-units/

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Is it because of the stupid posts or laughable drawings? If so, I agree since it's hard to find anyone intelligent on that social app. The number of Bigley memes and "X for Smash" requests made be hate the experience overall.

In other news, here's some ******** news from our friendly neighborhood Crapcom. -__-

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/0...ss-its-predecessor-sold-over-2-million-units/
I hate the 12 year olds looking for girlfriends and people asking Sakurai for stupid thing to be implemented into the game.

And on the Capcom thing: http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-una...cters-in-mega-mans-final-smash-in-smash-bros/
Read and cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom