• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I would LOVE a lot of the cut characters to come back, but it would be more wise IMHO to include mostly newcomers and a some few veterans than just mostly veterans. Although DLC doesn't need to happen, as Sakurai might want to move on from the game and work on his other projects. So I'm cool with the game as is. (Also I really hope his arm healed. He didn't really need to push himself that hard on Smash Bros, but he did. Dude is dedicated)

I'm content with the roster even though it does sort of feel a bit incomplete in ways, but it is still full of plentiful characters. Game is still great and fun, has some actual flaws (which I'll address later) but it's still a very enjoyable Smash Bros experience in the end and that's perfectly fine. And this is coming from someone who has not-nice things to say about Brawl.

As long as Wii U version doesn't feel too light on content, I'm good.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Just checking on this thread--

I'll be leaving now.

*takes a long shower

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
DLC discussion? .-. 'Kay.

All I have to say is that in terms with the possibility of character DLC, I wish Rayman or Quote (shh- let it happen) gets confirmed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And more Narutards are bashing the NaruHina fans after her design was leaked for the Last Naruto Movie. Which is why I'm glad that it will finally be over since the Naruto fanbase is on par with the Sonic fanbase in terms of being awful. :troll:

Naoshi

I personally don't want Smash to have a lot of third party characters, but that's just me.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
And more Narutards are bashing the NaruHina fans after her design was leaked for the Last Naruto Movie. Which is why I'm glad that it will finally be over since the Naruto fanbase is on par with the Sonic fanbase in terms of being awful. :troll:
No truer words.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've seen living proof that Naruto makes people obnoxious. I have a friend who seems to think that Naruto is best anime ever. And his anime history is a grand total of two at Naruto and Bleach... Give me a break.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I think it all comes down to the person probably being obnoxious to begin with. I know some people who likes Naruto who are rather reasonable folks!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've seen living proof that Naruto makes people obnoxious. I have a friend who seems to think that Naruto is best anime ever. And his anime history is a grand total of two at Naruto and Bleach... Give me a break.
Lol, all he's seen is Naruto and Bleach? How can he even talk about anime in the first place?

Someone needs to watch some Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Durarara!! and Death Note.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maybe in his eyes he thinks it's the best because of what he's seen. Nothing obnoxious about being ignorant. :v

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe in his eyes he thinks it's the best because of what he's seen. Nothing obnoxious about being ignorant. :v
I wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't telling me constantly to get into it. I've seen better anime than that that, and I do not have the capacity to digest a story stretching over 300 episodes with tons of filler, thank you very much.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lol, all he's seen is Naruto and Bleach? How can he even talk about anime in the first place?

Someone needs to watch some Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Durarara!!, Reborn!, Psycho-Pass, and Code Geass.
Fixed.
This pic of Itachi tells what I think of the Naruto series

I remember when I use to watch Naruto in awe, but then again I was 8-10. It has degraded in quality noticeably over the years. I'm sad it's ending, but it's well over due.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Why is Naruto so bad? I've never watched it and never will, but a friend of mine watches it and he likes it so am curious why you think it's bad.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Assassination Classroom manga is getting really good now.

Curious about the anime adaptation. It will be done by the studio that did the first Durarara!! anime (Brain's Base).

Durarara!!x2 will be done by a different studio, but some of the staff that worked on the original will work on the sequel. Seen a trailer, the art and animation quality are so much better.

In other anime news, voice actor Iemasa Kayumi passed away at age 80 on September 30th. A notable role of his was Father in FMA Brotherhood. May he rest in peace. (Source)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why is it so bad? I've never watched it and never will, but a friend of mine watches it and he likes it so am curious why you think it's bad.
The story in itself is not bad, really. It's the filler. Entire episodes can go with literally no progress in the story. That really kills your interest in continuing.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't telling me constantly to get into it. I've seen better anime than that that, and I do not have the capacity to digest a story stretching over 300 episodes with tons of filler, thank you very much.
Yeah. My sister did the same thing with me with Gundam Wing. I would of maybe enjoyed it better if she didn't have a baby every time a point in an episode happened. Also, I hate Naruto. Just saying that before anyone gets the wrong idea.

I don't like Anime too much. Like, there's a few I like, but stuff like attack on titan isn't appealing to me.

My list: Inyuyasha, FMA, Ruroni Kension, DB, DBZ, Fist of the North Star, Lucky Star

I may of forgotten a few, but that's not shocking since I haven't watched Anime in so long besides lucky star.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why is Naruto so bad? I've never watched it and never will, but a friend of mine watches it and he likes it so am curious why you think it's bad.
I've seen it, bad isn't exactly a good term for it. I think a better word is "vastly overrated".

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Why is it so bad? I've never watched it and never will, but a friend of mine watches it and he likes it so am curious why you think it's bad.
If I had to give you a truncated version, it has gone bad due to little to no more character development, asspulls galore, focusing on power levels instead of emotions, asspulls, forgetting it's roots, overwriting characters within a couple of pages, and asspulls. Don't get me started on the War Arc, I'm supposed to believe the whole war transpired in a day and a half? Did I mention asspulls? It used to be good. Now, it's just overrated.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The story in itself is not bad, really. It's the filler. Entire episodes can go with literally no progress in the story. That really kills your interest in continuing.
That's the problem with pretty much any series that heavily outstays its welcome.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the series at all. Around the time Naruto start becoming popular I wasn't watching much anime at all or really much of anything. Heck, I'm only now starting to watch a little more Anime, but even a lot of the series that are brought up here I haven't watched that are smaller in size none the less a series that rivals things like Dragonball or Yugioh in sheer episode volume.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
If I had to give you a truncated version, it has gone bad due to little to no more character development, asspulls galore, focusing on power levels instead of emotions, asspulls, forgetting it's roots, overwriting characters within a couple of pages, and asspulls. Don't get me started on the War Arc, I'm supposed to believe the whole war transpired in a day and a half? Did I mention asspulls? It used to be good. Now, it's just overrated.
"Naruto and Sasuke: Where Naruto is a gary-sue who uses the power of friendship and the rest of the cast is left in the dust"

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
The anime is usually worse than the manga. Depends on the anime. I prefer to read manga. It's faster for me. Plus manga like Psyren and World Trigger don't always get anime adaptations. So I hear Assassination Classroom is receiving an anime adaptation?
EDIT: Awwwwwww yeeeeeah Classroom and World Trigger are receiving anime adaptations.
Anyone here ever read Life is Money?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't watch much anime these days. But I've always really liked Dragon Ball/DBZ, Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho. The first Naruto series I liked. Back then it was a simpler coming of age story, but with brightly colored super ninjas. Some of the 2nd series was good too. There's also FMA, Death Note and Soul Eater. Those were cool.

I did watch some of Attack on Titan though, but not all of it.

If anyone wants to, we could talk about western action shows too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who's happy that we'll get a REAL Devil May Cry game instead of that DmC bull****? It will take place after Devil May Cry 4, Nero will be in the spotlight again (Suck on that Vergil fanboys!), and Ninja Theory will NEVER be involved with another game in the series. The best part: It will be out next year.

I don't watch much anime these days. But I've always really liked Dragon Ball/DBZ, Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho. The first Naruto series I liked. Back then it was a simpler coming of age story, but with brightly colored super ninjas. Some of the 2nd series was good too. There's also FMA, Death Note and Soul Eater. Those were cool.

Western action shows? Well there's the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and it's sequel on Disney XD. I can't really think of any other animated show here that isn't a comedy or adult satire.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
DLC discussion? .-. 'Kay.

All I have to say is that in terms with the possibility of character DLC, I wish Rayman or Quote (shh- let it happen) gets confirmed.
I would not pay for that DLC, at all.
I personally don't want Smash to have a lot of third party characters, but that's just me.
to be fair, neither did Sakurai.
is it true that you can't charge your 3DS and play the game at the same time?
Actually yes. The 3DS will start to get more dependent on the charger, and batteries run out faster. I should know because my dad is a mechanic who works on that kinda rechargeable technology, and he once gave me a laptop an old friend of his had that you'd always had to leave on the charger because the guy who had it last overused the charger like that, and the battery wouldn't last an hour off the charger.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Am I the only one who's happy that we'll get a REAL Devil May Cry game instead of that DmC bull****? It will take place after Devil May Cry 4, Nero will be in the spotlight again (Suck on that Vergil fanboys!), and Ninja Theory will NEVER be involved with another game in the series. The best part: It will be out next year.

Western action shows? Well there's the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and it's sequel on Disney XD. I can't really think of any other animated show here that isn't a comedy or adult satire.
First of all, where did you get this DMC knowledge? You're not pulling my leg right? Because DMC is awesome, I'd like to see a legit DMC5 be made.

As far as newer action shows, the only animated good ones we've got in the US are Korra and TMNT. Both of those shows are cool. Ultimate Spider-Man is okay. The newest season being the best so far, mostly because it starting to get a better balance between action and comedy. But it sucks that there's so few of them nowadays. We must of hit a drought or something.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

We could talk Arrow or The Flash. Pls I'm desperate.
Also WHAT IS IT ROB? ARE YOU TRYING TO SECRETLY COMMUNICATE WITH ME? IS THERE A BOY STUCK IN THE WELL?
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 3.04.50 PM.png

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I watched the series premier of The Flash yesterday actually. I thought it was pretty good overall. I wasn't able to catch Arrow back when it started, and thus haven't watched it, so I'm unsure of how that guy knows the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom