• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
My Zelda favorites are easy.

1. Wind Waker

That's it.

Any other Zelda game I ever tried playing I always stopped when I got to the underwater sections. Thankfully Wind Waker didn't have that. :L
Wind Waker did have "Underwater" sections though.
Technically, every dungeon was "underwater".
Not Dragon Roost, not Forest Haven, not Tower of the Gods.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wind Waker did have "Underwater" sections though.

Not Dragon Roost, not Forest Haven, not Tower of the Gods.
Also, the Earth and Wind temples were just under the Surface level of the water, not ACTUALLY under the water.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Forest Haven was mostly underwater.
You're right about the other two, though.

Though Tower of the Gods was underwater.
But you never actually traversed it until it was above. Also, forest haven had one basement floor, but it also reached high above the water.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like all characters in Smash so far.

I'm almost immune to character hate. Unless said character is yandere. For example, Tharja from FEA. She's unlikable, creepy and overall disturbing. I question the mentality of those who like her.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Fire Emblem: Awakening isn't as good as people make it out to be.
Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones is my favorite.

opinion war over shall we take the take the discussion back to smash how about that duck hunt dog eh what a strange but awesome to play as character
If only we could have Balloon Fighter. (Darn :4villager: and :popo:!)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But you never actually traversed it until it was above. Also, forest haven had one basement floor, but it also reached high above the water.
I know, I know.

Semantics.
You both knew exactly what I meant.
I still don't see why the Water Temple is so despised.
Jabu Jabu's Belly was far more frustrating for me. Water Temple was the kind of temple that I'd enjoy getting lost in, simply due to how serene it was.

Lakebed Temple, on the other hand, can die in a fire.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I know, I know.

Jabu Jabu's Belly was far more frustrating for me. Water Temple was the kind of temple that I'd enjoy getting lost in, simply due to how serene it was.

From what I've heard, the Water temple itself wasn't actually hard, it was just tedious switching the boots all the time. Lucky for me, I played the 3ds version, so I never had that problem.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I didn't even know what it was. I just Googled "Zelda Underwater" and it was the first pic of a Zelda game being played underwater and not one of Zelda being a mermaid I saw. :l

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It's almost like poetic justice.

Remember that people were also called out on having 4 FE characters in a roster?
Remember when Chrom was a shoo-in?

In my honest opinion, the moment Sakurai showed Wii Fit Trainer was the moment to give up on any speculation. It was a sign of things to come, yet people ignored it.

Definitely unpopular opinion time: Dark Pit isn't a bad addition to the roster. :4darkpit:
You give me the impression like you're talking down to everyone who did speculate and, at the same time, completely ignoring the things many people got right, and, on top of that, telling the minorities who did support Rosalina, Junior, Robin, what have you, should have given up despite winning out in the end.

Definitely unpopular opinion time: Dark Pit isn't a bad addition to the roster. :4darkpit:
I agree with this though.
I enjoy having his emoticon for edgy purposes. :4darkpit:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I might as well...
Unpopular Zelda Opinions:
- Forest Temple is silly and annoying. Stalfos creates a really frustrating difficulty spike.
- Ghirahim would make a better Nintendo icon than Ganondorf. Not Ganon, though.
- The original Zelda is better than A Link to the Past.
- The next Zelda should have a customizable protagonist

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Having played both Sonic games and KIU, I can say Shadow and Dark Pit, while similar, have their differences.

Dark Pit doesn't have the crapload of angst Shadow has. Dark Pit is more of a snarker than Shadow is. Dark Pit kind of grows out of the "edgy Pit" thing by the end of the game, becoming a friendlier character. Still with his sassy and jerk moments, though.

Then again, I do pay a lot of attention to small details.

Anyway, it's easy to draw parallels between Shadow and Dark Pit. They both fit the same character archetype, after all.
Inb4 Sakurai makes a game for Dark Pit soon. I bet that it will be called Ow the Edge: Uprising Edition. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Inb4 Sakurai makes a game for Dark Pit soon. I bet that it will be called Ow the Edge: Uprising Edition. :troll:
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series. Supports Kinect. Sponsored by Doritos, Monster Energy Drinks and Mountain Dew

Well, I might as well...
Unpopular Zelda Opinions:

- Ghirahim would make a better Nintendo icon than Ganondorf. Not Ganon, though.
Them's fighting words son. One does not simply talk down the beast known as Ganondorf.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You give me the impression like you're talking down to everyone who did speculate and, at the same time, completely ignoring the things many people got right, and, on top of that, telling the minorities who did support Rosalina, Junior, Robin, what have you, should have given up despite winning out in the end.
Oh, but they didn't get the characters because they speculated they would be in.

They just got lucky. They just guessed stuff about the game and got it right.

I was just stating how speculation is futile. In the end, we just don't know what will happen and, no matter how many arguments happen, the final result is the same.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now you're just going over the edge. :4dedede:

That's so edgy I may get a paper cut!
Dark Paper Mario confirmed.

Though if I'm honest, I would actually like to see Dark Samus as fighter one day. Probably won't happen. But still, just throw in the Rapid Fire Gun, Phazon Forward and Down Smashes, Get rid of the Grapple Beam and add an Electric effect on the bombs and you're good to go.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A Kill La Kill character, I think.

I only know because one of the places I go to to play Smash has a poster of Kill La Kill and the girl on the poster had a very similar outfit.
It's Kill La Kill's protagonist.

Anyway, speaking of anime, Durarara!! is returning next year with three parts. The first will begin in January 2015, the second will start in mid-2015 and the final part will start in January 2016. This will be good.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, but they didn't get the characters because they speculated they would be in.

They just got lucky. They just guessed stuff about the game and got it right.

I was just stating how speculation is futile. In the end, we just don't know what will happen and, no matter how many arguments happen, the final result is the same.
Specualtion was hardly as bad as you make it out to be. I've been a part of the Rate their Chances long enough to know.

This was the Top 10 chart when Little Mac was confirmed in February.
chance 10.png

Guess what? 5 of them got in. And none of them were lucky guesses.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Specualtion was hardly as bad as you make it out to be. I've been a part of the Rate their Chances long enough to know.

This was the Top 10 chart before Little Mac was confirmed in February.
View attachment 27014

Guess what? 5 of them got in. And none of them were lucky guesses.
Still guesses, still a matter of luck.

In other words, still futile.

It gets even more embarrassing when people think they're "fighting for their inclusion" and all that pointless melodrama when characters aren't confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom