• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Eh, I like BIS as well (the only M&L I don't like is PiT), but the giant battles, especially fire blowing, annoyed me to no end. Not as bad as in Dream Team because of the Gyro bug (please fix, Nintendo), though.
I loved the giant battles. That was freaking cool. It should've been Bowser's FS.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
most outlandish opinions win
that being said
I don't want mewtwo in smash he isn't that good
beat that opinion
Most main series Mario games aren't nearly as good as they're praised to be.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I mean graphically it is overstimulating for me.
I can't see Sonic most of the time. Plus the sprites are too detailed.
...Ugh...No. Just no.

I literally cannot see what you mean at all. That just sounds so nitpicky. We're clearly playing two completely different games.

Also, going back to the opinion battle, there hasn't been a single good Final Fantasy game since 7. ¦D

And even then, Final Fantasy ain't all that great. it's really only good for the girls soon to join Rule 34.

Still better than Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest, though. ¦)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Charizard is the most overrated Pokémon. Even more than Mewtwo and Lucario.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're talking about ogre-rated overrated characters?

Well, the "big" 3 definitely qualify at this point. There was a time when any roster without at least one of them was wrong. Such irony.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I don't like Wind Waker. I also think Pokemon Black was garbage. Gen 3 and 4 are the best gens.
*runs for the hills*

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I think A Link to the Past is severly overrated, but still a great game.

Also I love Twilight Princess. Not as much as Majora's Mask but its close.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We're talking about ogre-rated overrated characters?

Well, the "big" 3 definitely qualify at this point. There was a time when any roster without at least one of them was wrong. Such irony.
It's almost like poetic justice.

Remember that people were also called out on having 4 FE characters in a roster?
Remember when Chrom was a shoo-in?

In my honest opinion, the moment Sakurai showed Wii Fit Trainer was the moment to give up on any speculation. It was a sign of things to come, yet people ignored it.

Definitely unpopular opinion time: Dark Pit isn't a bad addition to the roster. :4darkpit:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think A Link to the Past is severly overrated, but still a great game.
Also I love Twilight Princess. Not as much as Majora's Mask but its close.
Twilight Princess is my favorite.
Though that should be obvious. :starman::starman::starman:

Definitely unpopular opinion time: Dark Pit isn't a bad addition to the roster. :4darkpit:
A month ago I would've thought you a crazy person.
Now, I don't really see any justice in hating Dark Pit.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Link to The Past is meh to me as well. Minish Cap is the best 2D Zelda game, hands down.

As far as Dark Pit is concerned, I do dislike him, but then again...

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I think the next batch of secret characters will be added on the site on Friday. Those should be Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. But since Lucina is out in the open already, R.O.B. could be shown, or fewer characters at once. Or then Dark Pit gets added on his own. Would not surprise me.
....since he's a newcomer, surely.

Also, my favorite Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2. And I like Shadow.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A month ago I would've thought you a crazy person.
Now, I don't really see any justice in hating Dark Pit.
I've always supported Dark Pit's inclusion in Smash 4. And yes, people thought me as crazy. I did acknowledge his unlikeliness to appear and hoped for a Pit alt at best. But he got Lucina'd. And I got no complaints either. On the contrary.

I also supported Robin and Ghirahim, as well as Mewtwo's return.

Still happy I get to see Ghirahim gracing the battlefield, even if he's just an Assist Trophy. I'd say it's better than nothing.

As for Mewtwo, if DLC happens, we may end up seeing his return.

The best Zelda game for me is Wind Waker. But all Zelda games I've played were great. It's an overall good series.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I dont like Dark Pit, but I understand someone who liked him being happy and more welcoming of his inclusion (since he apparently has his own personality and so on)

Still wish they would give him different clothes. I mean if Sakurai can pull Z.Samus rocketboots out of his ass he could figure something out. Like a larger, mouth covering scarf that goes along with his mariachi theme or something.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening are my favorite Zelda titles.

My favorite Sonic game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Every 3D Sonic game between Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Colors ranged from meh to real freaking terrible. Sonic Colors/Generations are pretty awesome... then the mediocre Lost World happened :(

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've always supported Dark Pit's inclusion in Smash 4. And yes, people thought me as crazy. I did acknowledge his unlikeliness to appear and hoped for a Pit alt at best. But he got Lucina'd. And I got no complaints either. On the contrary.
I also supported Robin and Ghirahim, as well as Mewtwo's return.
Still happy I get to see Ghirahim gracing the battlefield, even if he's just an Assist Trophy. I'd say it's better than nothing.
As for Mewtwo, if DLC happens, we may end up seeing his return.
I'm not sweating Mewtwo and Wolf's exclusion at all with the prospect of DLC.
The only reason I could see them being excluded is limited time, and it seems highly illogical to keep them out of the game because of a missed chance on the initial package. This isn't Brawl.

If DLC is a thing, I sort of wish Ghirahim and Midna weren't Assist Trophies after all...

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I wish there was a mode in the WiiU version of Smash that would let you play as all fighter-type assist trophies with a limited moveset. Just something to mess around with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My Zelda favorites so far?

1: Majora's Mask/Link's Awakening(DX excluded)
2: Wind Waker
3: Everything else
High Number: Phantom Hourglass

I have not played Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess Wii, Crossbow Training, the Tingle games, BS Zelda games, and Spirit Tracks. I am not counting Zelda Classic stuff or any romhack either.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
opinion war over shall we take the take the discussion back to smash how about that duck hunt dog eh what a strange but awesome to play as character

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't like Wind Waker. I also think Pokemon Black was garbage. Gen 3 and 4 are the best gens.
*runs for the hills*
Yeah, BW was really lame and overly dramatic. Didn't care for the game at all. And XY is kind of... okay at most. I didn't like the single player adventure in that one and the lack of post-game content sucked. Unova and Kalos were pretty meh regions while the rest were great. My favorite is Gen 2 because I loved Johto <3! Platinum, Emerald, Blue were and still are awesome too!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dont like Dark Pit, but I understand someone who liked him being happy and more welcoming of his inclusion (since he apparently has his own personality and so on)

Still wish they would give him different clothes. I mean if Sakurai can pull Z.Samus rocketboots out of his *** he could figure something out. Like a larger, mouth covering scarf that goes along with his mariachi theme or something.
Well, Dark Pit is a red herring when it comes to his evil twin status.

You expect him to be just another evil twin character when he pops out of the mirror that cloned Pit, but he turns out to be an anti-hero and rival with some character development towards the end.

But I agree that a different outfit could be a cool thing (larger scarf? Hell yes!), even though him being physically identical to Pit is still part of his character. I wouldn't mind if, in a sequel (that will probably never happen), he was given a different outfit as part of his status as someone different from Pit. Would be interesting to see.

Then again, Dark Pit was an alt given the Lucina treatment, so it's not like they had time to change his design even if they wanted to.

And though it may not make sense, Zero Suit Samus with rocket heels is incredibly badass, you have to admit.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
My Zelda favorites are easy.

1. Wind Waker

That's it.

Any other Zelda game I ever tried playing I always stopped when I got to the underwater sections. Thankfully Wind Waker didn't have that. :L

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I just checked my activity log on my 3ds...
I, uh... Well, that's actually really surprising. I mean, well, the amount of time I...
Um... So, how much time have you all spent on your 3ds'?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Duck Hunt Duo is the best "random retro character" we got so far in Smash.
He's the proper successor to ROB and Game & Watch alright. Your first reaction just had to be "WTF?" and yet you fall in love with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom