• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Explain Dr. Mario. I mean, shouldn't there only be one Mario? How can both of them be separate people? This is a mystery we need the answer to. :troll:
Okay. let me reword that...
Dark Pit is the first clone that is canonically a clone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was talking about the first part of his post, not he Sonic stuff, knucklehead!
All I'm saying is that it's funny how you of all people would talk trash about someone else's music taste. You do realize that NickeBack is the band "people love to hate" right? Because they sort of epitomize early 2000's rock fads in a nutshell. Hence my joke.

At least you used a new picture. So there's that.

So what you're saying is that Dark Pit is Sonic Heroes Shadow.

Sounds about right. ¦D

I don't count anything after Heroes and Battle with Shadow as canon or true to his character since they mucked it up so badly. As far as I'm concerned, ShTH and 06 never happened.
Most people pretend those games don't exist. Though for various reasons.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Explain Dr. Mario. I mean, shouldn't there only be one Mario? How can both of them be separate people? This is a mystery we need the answer to. :troll:
We're in the twilight zone that's y there are two of them just like there's 2 samus and 2 zeldas.

D

Deleted member

Ganon backstabbing Hades? Seems like it would be the other way around.
Or perhaps both?
I dunno....Hades has been shown to be (somewhat) of a team player as long as there is a common goal (such as when the Aurum arrived and everyone teamed up to take them out).
Seems like something Ganondorf would take advantage of very quickly.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Didn't even see the talk about Shadow at first.

I like Shadow and all that, but damn, that Fanbase of his gets too excited at Smash speculations. As much as I do expect a buyout or something like that, I still don't think he'll ever be playable in Smash, there are better choices than him when it comes to Sonic characters. True he would be unique, but he's still not really too important.

Also, I'm not too worried about his role in Sonic Boom, because he never dissapointed me anyway. He's kinda like the Gary Oak of Sonic the Hedgehog, so he won't be takin a dive anytime soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why would somebody pretend Sonic Battle doesn't exist? It was one of the best games on the GBA story-wise. I can understand Heroes, Shadow, and 06. None of them were supremely great. Although pretty fun in their own right, imo.

I'm not talking about headcanons either. That's different.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
All I'm saying is that it's funny how you of all people would talk trash about someone else's music taste. You do realize that NickeBack is the band "people love to hate" right? Because they sort of epitomize early 2000's rock fads in a nutshell. Hence my joke.

At least you used a new picture. So there's that.

Hating is bad though, the proper term is "Has Different Preferences," and I've used the Farfetch'd meme before dude.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm curious to the next batch. Will he go by unlock order (vs. matches) or is he going to do the final three Brawlers first?
And yes, I just quoted you twice in a row. Because you're worth it. L'Oreal.
He can't go with Lucina, so...

He could do them 2 a piece each time. That'll come out to a nice 11.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Why would somebody pretend Sonic Battle doesn't exist? It was one of the best games on the GBA story-wise. I can understand Heroes, Shadow, and 06. None of them were supremely great. Although pretty fun in their own right, imo.

I'm not talking about headcanons either. That's different.
Um, Hyper? Check the context again.

He meant Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06. Not Sonic Battle or Heroes.

And Heroes was fantastic, thank you very much.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572

I agree hero's was good not fantastic but its still a decent game and my first 3d sonic game

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I liked any Sonic game that wasn't Sonic 06.
Then again, I haven't played the lot of them since I was a gullible child, so...
Oh wait, I must have played them recently then.

Yes, I like all Sonic games to a degree, then. Except 06.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
He can't go with Lucina, so...

He could do them 2 a piece each time. That'll come out to a nice 11.
Ah, yes, forgot about Lucina.

And shameful confession time: I've never played a Sonic game in my life. Nope, not even Sonic the Hedgehog.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

What context? It was pretty clear he spoke of every single game being meh. At least from what I can tell.

Just because you dislike two of them doesn't mean I thought he did. I found them all(but Heroes to a degree) really fun and awesome games. Heroes had okay gameplay, but an awful story and dialogue. And I don't reply it because I can't find it very enjoyable at all. The rest I do because their controls and dialogue are just way better. And in Battle's case, the Story I'd call quite a bit better.

Ah, yes, forgot about Lucina.

And shameful confession time: I've never played a Sonic game in my life. Nope, not even Sonic the Hedgehog.
Not shameful. I never actually played a Kid Icarus game before.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The best part about Dark Pit is that the game kinda pokes fun at him. Palutena and Pit call him "Pitto", after all.
The game pokes fun at many character archetypes and storytelling tropes and conventions, actually. It's part of its humor.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
The only Sonic game I've ever played and finished was Sonic and the secret rings for the wii. Not bad, but eh, I didn't like it all that much except for the music.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I agree hero's was good not fantastic but its still a decent game and my first 3d sonic game
...You literally quoted a post where Heroes was spelled right and then proceeded to spell it completely wrong anyway.

How? -.o'

I liked any Sonic game that wasn't Sonic 06.
Then again, I haven't played the lot of them since I was a gullible child, so...
Oh wait, I must have played them recently then.

Yes, I like all Sonic games to a degree, then. Except 06.
The only games I strongly dislike are Sonic 1, the original Sonic CD, ShTH, 06, Secret Rings, Sonic 4 and Lost World.

I have fond memories of all of the other ones I've played.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What context? It was pretty clear he spoke of every single game being meh. At least from what I can tell.

Just because you dislike two of them doesn't mean I thought he did. I found them all(but Heroes to a degree) really fun and awesome games. Heroes had okay gameplay, but an awful story and dialogue. And I don't reply it because I can't find it very enjoyable at all. The rest I do because their controls and dialogue are just way better. And in Battle's case, the Story I'd call quite a bit better.

Kid Icarus isn't as big as Sonic. And I don't think there are a lot of people who have played the original version. Heck, I doubt people are even aware From Myths and Monsters exist.

Sunshine is my Favorite Mario game.
*books it*
I agree with you. Well, in the 3D platformer at least. I had more fun with Superstar Saga.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kid Icarus isn't as big as Sonic. And I don't think there are a lot of people who have played the original version. Heck, I doubt people are even aware From Myths and Monsters exist.
Well, Myth and Monsters wasn't available across the whole world. Many not hearing about it isn't strange. It's a Mother 3 situation.

And I don't much see a difference here. Well known series. You didn't play 'em. Big deal. *shrugs*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
As far as I'm concerned, ShTH and 06 never happened.
Again, context. It's literally right there. Calm down, will ya?

You hate Sonic 1??
Do you even a childhood?
Sonic 1 is boring as hell. Can't stand playing it.

Sonic 2 is better by a long shot, but mostly "okay" in my eyes.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles? I won't even lie, I find that game to be absolutely flawless and I'm not even that big of a Classic Sonic fan.

And the original CD can go **** itself. Thank god for the 2011 re-release.

Still, I'll play the Advance series before I even think about touching any of the Classic games save for S3&K.

Fixed for accuracy.
Bleh, 2 is overrated.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Sorry if I had confused you. But I only meant Shadow's game and Sonic 06.

Sunshine is my Favorite Mario game.
*books it*
Don't feel bad, it's my second favorite Mario platformer. Though I haven't played 3D World, so that could change.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic 1 & 2 are my favorites. I hate Sonic 3 and Knuckles, they are far too long and convoluted for me to enjoy.
You are so not using that word right. There's nothing contrived or confusing about S3&K at all.

Not sure what game you were playing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, context. It's literally right there. Calm down, will ya?
I was never mad? I didn't realize he meant that.

Sorry if I had confused you. But I only meant Shadow's game and Sonic 06.
Ah. Fair enough. I still vastly prefer them over Heroes, but they do have quite better dialogue anyway. It's not just cheese, but good voice acting as well. Story is another, well, story.

Don't feel bad, it's my second favorite Mario platformer. Though I haven't played 3D World, so that could change.
Super Mario 64 Master Race. :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom