• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shadow saves the world out of Maria's desire, isn't it? I remember that, though a bit vaguely. I think they butchered his character afterwards. He was meant to die, to sacrifice himself in a heroic, selfless act. Once they brought him back, the meaning of that was lost... and that's how you not write a compelling story. But then again, the Sonic canon is incoherent convoluted mess anyway.

But that is not the reason I like Dark Pit better. He's a character that thinks for himself and looks at the world with his own eyes. It's a trait I find positive and something I kind of relate to as well.

Another character I wanted a lot in Smash was Robin, as you know. I like him as a character for more or less the same reasons as I like Dark Pit. His theme/story is basically about finding one's own identity and place in the world, something I can also relate to. He also shares the whole changing fate thing with Lucina, a theme I also liked in that game.

Anyway, speaking of Robin and looking at my current avatar, Grima is a really scary villain. He wants to wipe out humanity by putting the world through hell. Typical villain plot here, right? But the scary part is that his motivations are unknown, but they're definitely not out of pleasure, to attain power or to exact revenge. He just wants to do it for whatever reason that isn't completely understood.

And yes, I tend to look deeper into characters' personalities and motivations. It makes them more interesting.
I never played Awakening or Uprising. I only own the latter. That said, I was making a few more comparisons. Not speaking of who I like better. In that case, I prefer Rouge, Metal Sonic, and Shadow out of them all. They feel like very interesting characters. I do agree the "heroic death" was effed up. But I found Shadow's gameplay in Shadow and 06 really fun.

Anyway, I should actually play Uprising, but I want a 3DSXL first. More comfy for me. I always have my left hand gravitate towards the D-Pad. Habits due to the GBA SP design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I never played Awakening or Uprising. I only own the latter. That said, I was making a few more comparisons. Not speaking of who I like better. In that case, I prefer Rouge, Metal Sonic, and Shadow out of them all. They feel like very interesting characters. I do agree the "heroic death" was effed up. But I found Shadow's gameplay in Shadow and 06 really fun.

Anyway, I should actually play Uprising, but I want a 3DSXL first. More comfy for me. I always have my left hand gravitate towards the D-Pad. Habits due to the GBA SP design.
Do you have the stand that comes with the game? It actually helped me with the controls. Anyway, play it. As soon as you can.

Oh, and that Shadow thing is really a good example on how listening to the fans isn't necessarily a good thing.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do you have the stand that comes with the game? It actually helped me with the controls. Anyway, play it. As soon as you can.

Oh, and that Shadow thing is really a good example on how listening to the fans isn't necessarily a good thing.
Picture of the stand?

And ironically I prefer the newer versions of Shadow. He was a semi-decent clone in Adventure 2, but really unique in later games(bar Heroes).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Having played both Sonic games and KIU, I can say Shadow and Dark Pit, while similar, have their differences.

Dark Pit doesn't have the crapload of angst Shadow has. Dark Pit is more of a snarker than Shadow is. Dark Pit kind of grows out of the "edgy Pit" thing by the end of the game, becoming a friendlier character. Still with his sassy and jerk moments, though.

Then again, I do pay a lot of attention to small details.

Anyway, it's easy to draw parallels between Shadow and Dark Pit. They both fit the same character archetype, after all.
So, is...is he's Falco then? Because snarky friend/asshole is pretty much Falco.

It's weird. I don't really like Shadow.(Except when I was much younger, but he was never my favorite character. And y'know taste change and all that.)Yet I have a lot characters I like that are basically "evil version of main hero."

Bass from Mega Man is one of my favorite characters in that series, even if he's kind of like Vegeta with less development. And I think Dark Samus is the 2nd best Metroid villian. I can tolerate Dark Pit just fine in KI:U. He doesn't take anyone's crap and has some good lines.

Not really sure if Wario and Wolf fall into that trope. Because Wario is totally different now. Whereas Wolf is more like a rival, again, like Vegeta.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Picture of the stand?

And ironically I prefer the newer versions of Shadow. He was a semi-decent clone in Adventure 2, but really unique in later games(bar Heroes).
Here.

Well, maybe. I dropped the Sonic series a little after I got a Wii.

Haven't gotten a Sonic game in a bunch of years and I'm not interested in getting back to the series either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here.

Well, maybe. I dropped the Sonic series a little after I got a Wii.

Haven't gotten a Sonic game in a bunch of years and I'm not interested in getting back to the series either.
Saw the stand. Don't have it. I haven't been impressed by a lot of touch screen controls anyway. I rarely like them. I want basic D-Pad/Control Stick/Control Pad stuff. I can't stand the DS Zelda games. They play really badly for me. But eh.

Anyway, I have played most Sonic games. Console-wise, my last favorites were 06 and Black Knight. I highly disliked Colors and Unleashed. Generations I have not tried. Same with Lost World. I may get Boom, as it looks pretty fun, imo. I do not like the Day Stages as they remind me of my most hated part of 06, the Mach Speed sections. Lost World is a lot better, though, as it's easier to control. And that's just the 3DS version.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait a minute...
I rekt someone?
WHO AM I AND WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH THE REAL ME!?
To be fair, it was just CliffJumper. And you were talking about his taste in music. He's the same guy over here who likes Nickelback. Which no one should ever forget or forgive.

With all this Shadow talk, I wonder whats going to be his story in Boom.

Probably not good
Not interested in it. Call me when a video game series other than Sonic gets a TV show. Because Sonic has had like 5 of them.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everybody's my friend.
But what's this a prediction roster for anyway? Nintendo Kart? :troll:
I hope so. Cause I would hate that kind of Smash roster. It's really boring, and the cuts are far worse than 4's. ZSS and Sheik deserve their spot. I would love IC's back, but that's the only good part about it I saw. Like, at all. I vastly prefer 4's, as it's fleshed out better, and has a lot more amazing choices. This is too small, and reeks of favoritism over interesting gameplay too much.

Not interested in it. Call me when a video game series other than Sonic gets a TV show. Because Sonic has had like 5 of them.
Boom is the 5th one, fyi.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Not directed to you, but why would people even want a cartoon or anime based on a game? History has learned us that's doomed to fail.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Not directed to you, but why would people even want a cartoon or anime based on a game? History has learned us that's doomed to fail.
People want them to make one because they think it will be good. Unfortunately, history always repeats itself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
omg a place I belong! QuQ

Ganon is better than Capt!
Secretly, Ganondorf is better than everyone. :evil:

So, is...is he's Falco then? Because snarky friend/******* is pretty much Falco.
He becomes something like Pit's sassy twin at the end. It's not that noticeable, though, since everyone in KIU is snarky.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Boom is the 5th one, fyi.
Yeah. I can't help but wonder if we'll actually get a good video game cartoon series. Y'know, other than something that's "So bad it's good". Because the Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Mega Man 90's cartoons have the right level of cheesiness for me to enjoy. Maybe the Kirby cartoon too. But only cause of Latin Meta Knight and Down South Dedede.

But I can't think of one that's genuinely good. I did like Mega Man NT Warrior as a kid. But I haven't seen it in forever.

I would personally want to just see it get done right for once. There's plenty of game series that have a mythos ripe for being put into other mediums and brought to their full potential. We've seen them work in comic book form, so TV shouldn't be that much harder. Though I'm likely wrong about that.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Calling it now: Zelda and Kid Icarus animes both happen.
There is a crossover.

This happens again. Palutena does not save the day.
Anime makes everything better.
Reminds me of my first avi. Imagine Pit in Mario Kart 8. I would love to see Smash Kart and it's slowly becoming a reality.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y'know, now that I think about it, Dark Pit is actually the first Clone character who's actually literally a clone.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wouldn't mind a Kid Icarus anime. Or a Fire Emblem anime.
The Marth-saga had one, but it only lasted two episodes.

I do think Kid Icarus and Zelda have the potential to be decent anime, if done right, though. Maybe Fire Emblem as well. But the 'if done right'-part is something that's never been done.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Having played both Sonic games and KIU, I can say Shadow and Dark Pit, while similar, have their differences.

Dark Pit doesn't have the crapload of angst Shadow has. Dark Pit is more of a snarker than Shadow is. Dark Pit kind of grows out of the "edgy Pit" thing by the end of the game, becoming a friendlier character. Still with his sassy and jerk moments, though.

Anyway, it's easy to draw parallels between Shadow and Dark Pit. They both fit the same character archetype, after all.
The best part about Dark Pit is that the game kinda pokes fun at him. Palutena and Pit call him "Pitto", after all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Y'know, now that I think about it, Dark Pit is actually the first Clone character who's actually literally a clone.
Mewtwo was almost there, but he didn't play similar to anyone else. Albeit, he did have a jump similar to Ness'. And a lot of elemental attacks... kind of like Lucas did. Strange. XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Explain Dr. Mario. I mean, shouldn't there only be one Mario? How can both of them be separate people? This is a mystery we need the answer to. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Calling it now: Zelda and Kid Icarus animes both happen.
There is a crossover.

This happens again. Palutena does not save the day.
Instead, Ganondorf shows up and they team up to take him on with Hades stepping in to "even" things out. (Which turns out badly for him, because Ganondorf is a chronic backstabber, usurper of power, and certified deity hater.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Instead, Ganondorf shows up and they team up to take him on with Hades stepping in to "even" things out. (Which turns out badly for him, because Ganondorf is a chronic backstabber, usurper of power, and certified deity hater.)
Ganon backstabbing Hades? Seems like it would be the other way around.
Or perhaps both?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

So what you're saying is that Dark Pit is Sonic Heroes Shadow.

Sounds about right. ¦D

I don't count anything after Heroes and Battle with Shadow as canon or true to his character since they mucked it up so badly. As far as I'm concerned, ShTH and 06 never happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom